COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA DOMAINS
[NA] The Freehold Duchy of Zylphania

Coat of Arms of House Bombastus

The Freehold Commune of Ƶylphania [Luna (NA-E) | Kingdom of Alésia]

Join us on Discord

A Welcome from Bombastus, The Most Excellent Familiar of Ƶylphania:

If this is your first time reading this, welcome. This post is about getting to know Ƶylphania. I have endeavored to remain within the bounds of acceptable speculation, never the less please be aware that everything below is subject to radical change. Above all, it is my firm intent to foster an environment fit for all styles of play. Where Producers, Suppliers, Champions and Explorers can dwell in the light or brave the darkness as they chose.
Though I am the name on the page, the work below reflects the incredible creativity and passion of dozens of other players. Ƶylphania is a collaboration toward a shared dream. We're making something magnificent, and we're only getting started. Won't you join us?

With utmost sincerity,
Bombastus

【Ƶ】Experts Wanted

A duchy is diverse in both its needs and composition. In order to be prosperous, we must tap into the expertise we each possess. Elyria will test our prowess in leadership, analysis and problem solving, creativity, critical-thinking, risk management, interpersonal relations, and above all our patience. It is for this reason that advancement and achievement in Ƶylphanian society will weigh heavily on expertise and professional conduct. If you take pride in your personal skills or talents, and if you take ownership of your part of the team effort, then you will go far.

【Ƶ】The Three Pillars of Ƶylphania

The goal of the Freehold Commune of Ƶylphania is to create a place for our individual stories to take center stage, and where we can all take part in building a great society. The Three Pillars are the foundation in which all activities in Ƶylphania are grounded. Our aim is to maximize everyone's enjoyment.

Role-Play

To me, role-play is first and foremost about immersion. This game is designed to be incredibly immersive and those who seek to increase that immersion through role play deserve and environment which enables them to do so. This means respecting the immersion of other players by keeping real-life intrusions into game play minimal, but this ideal also includes actively encouraging and enabling the immersion of others. Some may feel intimidated by the notion of role-play, or perhaps have some preconceived notions of role-play. We want to ease the barriers to approaching role-play so that players who are unfamiliar but curious can approach the experience with an open mind.

Cooperation

As a duchy we will face shared troubles and enjoy shared triumph. It is well known that a united force can withstand any threat that would otherwise overwhelm an individual. A player who is cooperative should be competitive but fair. With limited resources we will all be competing to a certain extent, but the overall goal should be to grow stronger together as a group, not to eliminate competitors without mercy. In that spirit, the Duke has encoded a series of rules guiding internal conflict resolution. These formal structures for dueling at the gentry and nobility levels are designed to encourage direct and final satisfaction for most issues and to prevent rivalries from impacting the greater duchy.

Mutual Respect

We must be accepting of the diversity of our fellow players in all situations. It will be imperative that we treat one another with the respect due to any human being. It is only in this way that we can each grow to achieve our fullest potential. Prejudice and harassment of any player for any reason will not be tolerated. This includes, but is by no means limited to, a player's gender, genetic background, social background, worldview, age or game experience.

【Ƶ】Our Law

The Duke has commissioned the creation of a tripartite governance structure.

The Familiar of the Commune

The Familiar is the custodian of the land. His or her responsibilities are to ratify and enforce laws created by the Galleries of Governance, to provide for the military defense of the Duchy, and to appoint the heads of each Ministry.

The Gallery of Freeholders

This body is comprised of Aristocracy and Freeholders (gentry) and contains one representative from each ward in a county. These representatives are elected by popular vote from among all Freeholders in the representative's ward. The Gallery of Freeholders may propose legislation for the consideration of the Gallery of Ministers.

The Gallery of Ministers

The Ministers are appointed from among the Freeholders of the realm, the exception being the Minister of Freeholders, who is elected by the Gallery of Freeholders to represent them. Together with the Nobles of the realm, the Ministers propose legislation for the consideration of The Familiar of the Commune.
Click on the images below to view the information for each Ministry:
Ministry of Infrastructure Ministry of Scholarship Ministry of Culture Ministry of Commerce Ministry of Warfare Ministry of Truth and Justice Ministry of Noble Relations Ministry of Freeholds

【Ƶ】Pledged Noble Houses

House Bombahzet of Skydown

House Ablar of Malren

House Baldloc of Battencia

House Bodhi of Tarot

House Bombastus Soleil of Ubertaas

House Byrcha of Falkyriiah

House Helvglazt of Glassraven Valley

House Salle of Bhailedar

House Sepulcris of Akritheos

House Stolz of Daemascus

House Marshall of Wolfwater

House Star of Red Thorne

House Muhrder of Ebonguard

House Burrmeister of Értékesmegye

【Ƶ】Learn More

If you have questions about how we operate or wish to join our venture, please join us in the following venues:

Discord chat: Here you can talk with members of the realm and other prospective members, and join in the conversations forming our Duchy.

Or, comment below!

5/10/2016 7:12:33 AM #1

Is this a duchy that is looking to build a great society or just flat out destroy others in hopes of selfish gain? If it's the former as opposed to the latter, I may have found the right duchy.

I plan to focus on construction and if my county ends up being located in an area where being a mason is worth while, I'll put effort in to excelling in that skill.

Kheg-Fourm-banner-Solaris-Confed.jpg Link to recruitment post If you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste.
Use all your well-learned politesse or I'll lay your soul to waste.

5/10/2016 12:22:15 PM #2

Thank you for your interest, Count Kheg. In times past, the Duchy has suffered under the weight of unjust, selfish rule. I assure you that time has ended. As the rightful Duke of this land I feel the full weight of responsibility to the people of Zylphania. We have no wish to bring unnecessary war to our people.

5/10/2016 12:25:52 PM #3

Curious have you for the Duke KS tier?

5/10/2016 12:32:45 PM #4

Yes, I am supporting the KS at the Duke tier.

5/10/2016 3:56:35 PM #5

join the silver wolves

5/10/2016 3:58:54 PM #6

Should hop on a discord, forums so clunky.

5/10/2016 10:13:59 PM #7

5/10/2016 10:37:39 PM #8

So the Trenbull thing is a RP thing that happens pre-game?

FWIW, I was KS Backer #21 and wanted nothing but the best for this game.

5/10/2016 10:47:17 PM #9

Yeah, I happen to be a comic book artist, so I am writing a small mini-comic covering the rise of my character to the dukedom by reclaiming his ancestral homeland. The Trenbull family figures into that story.

5/12/2016 11:43:55 AM #10

Haven't gone in at the Baron level yet. I'm seeing how the next two weeks will go. But you have my interest about joining you. Since I'll already be making a well documented family history and family tree. So the RP aspect appeals to me a little bit.

5/12/2016 12:01:34 PM #11

Nice to hear! If you are interested in getting to know us better, pop on over to the Discord channel linked in my signature. There are a number of folks like you wondering if Zylphania is right for them, so you'll be in good company.

5/16/2016 12:53:24 PM #12

Hey I'll have to contact you maybe discord for combining the tower into your lore. The White tower will be a powerful asset for you! I'm sure you can see the allure of having a polished place that has a ton of benefits like an allowance and various forms of training/companions. This will tie strings to all the people with talents and make them into an exclusive club of sorts.

5/18/2016 10:01:20 PM #13

Sorry, testing the banner

5/18/2016 10:09:35 PM #14

test 2

5/18/2016 10:44:16 PM #15

Liking the look of those new forum banners, m'lords!