COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULBORN ENGINE
Secret Housing

So i was wondering if i could make a hideout like the dark brotherhood in skyrim without owning a land. Like behind a waterfall or similair.

Because if i have an assasin guild no one will every give me land or will tolerate me.

Will i also be able to make it deep enough like 5 storys deep given the air conditioning is given?

5/7/2016 7:15:42 PM #1

Owner of an assassination/generally deviant guild here. Yes you can build anywhere that is suitable for actually building upon. If no one finds it or knows about it then they can't tear it down. Just because it's illegal doesn't mean you CAN'T do it. Just means you're not ALLOWED to. I have an architect in my guild who plans on building us such places around the map with the help of a private construction team. Would you like to join?

Alt text - can be left blank

5/7/2016 7:16:52 PM #2

Yes you can build underground. If you make a house on someone's land and stay their for a month, that's now your land.

However, you should just get in contact with the local government in some way. Have them give you land for "favors." Pretty sure a small village would welcome a guild of assassins if you promised to protect them.

Damn, the spider gets around fast.

Count Einzbern of Aichhalt.

Kingdom of Ashland.

Duchy of Sanctaphandri.

Seated in Darmindatch.

5/7/2016 7:23:44 PM #3

Only when I'm on Mr. Corin.

5/7/2016 7:25:55 PM #4

It's not like i want to be assasin but im more into Alchemy Science and magic. And im from EU since there will be regional servers :|.

5/7/2016 7:30:16 PM #5

Say hi to my friend Zultra then :) mauve he'll have something for you

5/7/2016 7:33:51 PM #6

I believe there are several such people around. You could look for a baron intending to be a Raubritter (Robber Baron), and join him in his stronghold - A guild headquarters there would fit perfectly with the theme.

Alternatively you could band together with like minded players, and head to the same location and form your own settlement somewhere.

EDIT: Bringing back fond memories of Darklands.

5/7/2016 7:36:28 PM #7

So i basicly go onto a mountain make a door to the ground and live there? without wating?

5/7/2016 7:40:39 PM #8

Yes, it's illegal and you might get the boot after it becomes "official," but that is one method.

Count Einzbern of Aichhalt.

Kingdom of Ashland.

Duchy of Sanctaphandri.

Seated in Darmindatch.

5/9/2016 4:22:02 AM #9

I think it should not only be possible, but highly desireable, to be able to make secret hideouts and bolt-holes in Elyria. In fact, there should be multiple ways to accomplish this:

The classic hidden-tunnel-entrance in the mountains. Hidden either physically (via well-placed bush plantings) or magically.

The wolf-in-sheeps-clothing approach. An unassuming peasant's cottage, small and poorly built, complete with a small farm and herd of goats. But move aside the bed / rug and there is a trap door down to the guild chambers...

The hiding-in-plain-sight approach: A respectable merchant's house in a major city is actually an Assassin's guildhouse. False signs and perhaps even a token storefront give passersby no reason to believe the assassins have their meetings within.

5/9/2016 5:14:47 AM #10

And I intend to find said hidey-holes.

Would you like to buy a map to your rivals' hideouts? Maybe some of yours in case you've forgotten they're there?

5/9/2016 6:12:54 PM #11

Am i able to hire NPC's to build my housing or do i need to use Players?

5/10/2016 3:43:13 AM #12

I'm sure there's an NPC option for just about everything, so long as it isn't too out of the ordinary.

Not sure how much of a good idea that would be, however, since you can't really collaborate with an NPC on how you want it laid out and whatnot.

5/10/2016 3:48:18 AM #13

Yes, but NPC's can't tell people where your secret entrance is. Well, I suppose they can if the rumour mechanic is good enough. In which case: NPCs can perma-die, so there's that

5/10/2016 3:48:52 AM #14

well like making an underground city ?

5/10/2016 2:05:25 PM #15

I would hope they could at least follow a blue print.