COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Media Page Updated

Hey Folks,

Media page has been updated wit the first few screenshots and concept art. Let us know what you think! (Make sure to hit refresh so your CSS updates).

Media Page

7/29/2015 11:23:47 PM #1

I bet the town will be a starting area. Now the Skull Cave looks like an interesting location; it looks like a dungeon to me, maybe it's in the desert.

7/29/2015 11:25:01 PM #2

Already saw these on the MMORPG post. So far they seem really nice and varied enough to make several type of people interested. You got the darker room and forest, the desert and more fantasy city... Seems really nice...

Want more though hehe... =P You never get tired of the good stuff XD and a vídeo probably would be cool aswell to show off the flow of the things :3 (when possible of course) 

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p795/SilDarklight/Chronicles%20of%20Elyria/Forum/Sigs/Luccheno%20600x100altzpsuev3knqe.jpg

7/31/2015 8:31:21 AM #3

I wonder if on the screenshot from library we see an actual map of Elyria and a device that is used in teleportation/opening portals/gates betwen connected locations (similar libraries with such devices?)

Something that resembles the temple teleportation patterns from Betrayal at Krondor cRPG?

It's dead, Jim.

7/31/2015 3:41:39 PM #4

How very perceptive of you. ;-)

That is a map of Elyria, not the map of Elyria (there will be more than one). And that's not just any library. That's a Soul Chamber in the Akashic Records. It's part of the lore. From next week's dev journal:

It's believed that when someone dies their soul returns to a great library called the Akashic Records. The library is filled with books and scrolls containing all of the deeds of every life a soul has lived. It's in these chambers that a soul can read over their past lives and learn from their mistakes in preparation for their next life.

It's also said that every soul is born with a purpose. That they choose the precise time and place in which to be born so they can learn the lessons needed to attain enlightenment.

The object you see in the middle is a mixture of astrolabe, timeline, and model of the solar system. The map on the chamber floor allows the soul to choose where it will be born, the device allows it to choose when. :-)

7/31/2015 4:10:40 PM #5

Absolutely fantastic !

Now gieff uz the game downloadz linkz already please :-)

It's dead, Jim.

7/31/2015 6:13:34 PM #6

I think I am going to have spend some more time studying those screenshots!

The idea that all souls are born with a purpose is incredibly intriguing. I can't wait to learn more about all this and see how it affects the game world.

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.