COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
SoE Questions and Reported bugs!

SoE Questions, Reported bugs, and Suggestions~!

Made this so we can try to gather everything that the community picks up on and or would like to inquire about SoE, the maps and everything related in one place to try and get answers~! (And to display what's going on!)

I'll be moving Questions that have been answered to a comment on this thread, and have a separate comment on the thread for the bugs that I've seen reported.

I'll also have a comment section with some upvoted suggestions for the maps, or suggestions I've seen very vocally presented by the community. (Vocally does not mean majority agree with it, just that multiple people have expressed liking to see something like it.)

Questions:

Labbe Asks:

• Are NPCs going to continue selecting domains after the event ends, or will they stop when the event stops?
  • The way the answer to Q13 is worded makes it sound like at most, only 1 npc selection will happen per server per day. Is that accurate?

Dalesson Asks:

• Can there be a clarification on whether NPC’s can take duchies? Caspian commented in discord in December that they can’t (see below) but this latest info post says they can and the FAQ doesn’t make it specific.

Rysith asks:

• What's up with the "potholes" across the map on Angelica?

3/14/2020 6:27:10 AM #1

Answers

Nightfinger inquires:

The FAQ says the rivers would have lines to indicate shallow or deep. Boat usage. But the map does not reflect this. How come?

Forgive me I dont recall who asked this:

* Where have the small roads gone?

Q42: With bridges no longer on the map, how do I know if my land is accessible via roads over waterways? A42: The "roads' aren't actually roads. They are visual representations of the connections between settlements. While there will be roads in the approximate area, adding bridge icons over non-roads visuals isn't consistent. If a road crosses water, it'll have to include a ford or bridge. Lower traffic connections may just have fords, while larger traffic areas will have to have bridges. We don't plan to render them at this time.

3/14/2020 6:27:18 AM #2

Reported Bugs

Hydrohawk #1102 Reports:

• Settlements appearing as a City when it should be a hamlet from the stats. Ex. "City of Littlethorn Springs > Kingdom of Kairos > Duchy of Suncombe > County of Redshore. Seems fixed!

3/14/2020 6:27:31 AM #3

Suggestions/Feature Requests

Multiple users request:

• Toggleable map icons (Including bridges, vegetation, etc)
  • Possibly a switch between previous map and this map
  • A search function for the map

3/14/2020 6:30:39 AM #4

reserved

3/14/2020 7:45:01 AM #5

I would like to know what is up with the giant pot holes all across Angelica. They don't appear on the other server maps so I'm assuming it's a bug and won't be permanent.

I also think it's very odd that the Luna>Kairos> Capital/Cities icon bug is still occuring when this was reported and acknowledged after the first launch attempt.

3/14/2020 7:47:53 AM #6

Yea it's strange that they're labeled cities but they're supposed to be smaller from the data. I was sure to add it!

3/14/2020 8:29:18 AM #7

My map shows that 4 of 7 settlements are taken but for the life of me I only know of 3 and only have 3 including myself.

On my phone, when I zoom into the county map it is almost impossible to hit the magnifying glass to zoom into my settlement page because only about 1/3 of the magnifying glass is showing.

On the phone does the default have to be for the info screen to take up 90% of the view? I would much rather have no info screen at all until I hit a button to see it.

3/14/2020 8:32:30 AM #8

Where abouts is that Red?

Also -- Mobile is like not supported at all. So it'll look bad. The answer is "don't use mobile" - devs

3/14/2020 9:09:59 AM #9

Bodies of water don’t seem to have the lines around them that give an indication of what boats would be suitable. The FAQ describes this.

3/14/2020 9:25:57 AM #10

Good catch! I added the inquiry

3/14/2020 3:19:43 PM #11

Posted By VioletWinterlynn at 04:32 AM - Sat Mar 14 2020

Where abouts is that Red?

Also -- Mobile is like not supported at all. So it'll look bad. The answer is "don't use mobile" - devs

Never mind. I miss read the header. It says number of settlements available 4/7. I took it as meaning 4/7 of my settlements were taken. Dah. I told you it was late at night. LOL.

Did not know that about mobile. Thanks

3/14/2020 9:47:11 PM #12

Haha no worries!

3/15/2020 12:40:56 AM #13

So I made a separate post about the drastic change to my settlement sustainability

<https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/34747/Sustainability-changed-with-new-maps>

3/18/2020 2:28:15 AM #14

Updated one of the questions about roads!