COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
On a more positive note with CoE Management and Developers

Greetings everyone,

Had some time on my hands to kill and was going through recent posts on the forum. It dawned on me the similarity between a particular past real world event and what goes on here on the forum with CoE community.

I will skip the story because I don't think would be appropriate to mention real life political situations in here so will just say to the CoE team, remember you are working hard for your base support; that “Silent Majority” who is demoralized by the negativity being spread, yet still believing in CoE, supporting the developers, and hoping the outcome will be a positive one.

Two wrongs, don’t make it right. Just because the Negative ones are more active and louder. It does not mean the Majority is with them or that the loud active ones are the last word in where this CoE community stands.

The fact is, those who are knowingly or unknowingly demoralizing the community, simply don’t have all the facts. That they base everything they say, on mostly guess work. And that is not the best way to make an intelligent argument. Also, allowing emotions take over is the worst thing that the Silent Majority can do, when facts are not clear cut as they seem. Mistakes been made? Yes. But questioning the honor of CoE management and developers based on guess work, and judging them as harshly is extreme and unjust.

So am hoping the CoE management and developers to not lose sight of the “Silent Majority”, and not let those few who are louder, demoralize the CoE team... Remember, you still have a silent majority who believes this will happen and that you will overcome the short comings. A silent majority who is still very much supportive of the CoE team regardless of human mistakes made in the past. And that’s the community you need to focus on... nothing else.

Cheers, keep your cool, stay well, and get this ball rolling, as the majority still have faith that you will.

"I'd rather die standing than live on my knees."

1/25/2020 1:16:06 AM #1

A well-stated example, thank you.

1/25/2020 1:27:54 AM #2

I’d be curious to know when this “silent majority” elected you to speak for them and how you know which side they fall on. Not speaking for anyone but reviewing the post in the forums there a lot of outspoken people who to the uneducated might appear to be negative when in fact are just posting facts. Now if those facts happen to paint SBS and the current status of the game in a negative light then that is SBS’s own fault. If the only way to view the current status of the development of this game positively is to ignore the posted facts then that should speak volumes about where this game is headed. A lot of people posting “negative”facts about this game clearly state they support this game and want it to succeed but the writing on the wall says things aren’t going well. The fact SBS has to wait until they have a successful event (SoE) before they can talk about the current status of the game is a red flag.

1/25/2020 1:35:10 AM #3

I dont interact much with the CoE community any more, and when I do it is typically making a statement like "I feel like its becoming my responsibility to come in here once a day and remind people that any form of discussion around SBS is largely a waste of time at this point. No one is listening, no one cares what we have to say. All we can do is simply go focus on other things and maybe something playable will come out one day. At that point you can give valid input on the playable something, until then the doors are shut and there is no way to see inside to see what is actually going on therefore our feedback is (by design) meaningless." a direct quote from a specific discord channel related to CoE.

What the original poster is saying is correct, at this point we as a community do not have anywhere near enough information to make informed conversation or even an educated guess on what is going on with this game, what is going on with the studio, or anything of the sort for the current state.

That being said what we do have, and what I have seen people tend to focus on (as they are all we can judge at the moment) is the things that have actually been delivered and put into the community's hands so far. In this there have been some wins, and frankly alot of losses. Do these deliverables realistically have any basis on the game, its gameplay, or the studio's ability to deliver on the game? Absolutely not. However I can not and will not fault people whose faith has been shaken based upon the actual, tangible, history of deliverables given to the community by the studio.

At this point my recommendation to everyone has been very simple. If you have lost faith based upon past deliverables then simply stop spending money on the studio, go focus on other things, wait for the game to actually release something playable then make an informed judgement on the actual state of the game from there. Until you get your hands on something playable, frankly all you have to judge is photoshop enhanced screenshots, photoshoped mood images, fantastic original concept art from Heat, and some videos on the pre-elyria client that we arent even sure is connected to any form of network yet or if it is simply local-hosted or at a worse state in a local only (single player) client.

All this being said. It is perfectly reasonable for people to be skeptical of the studio's ability to deliver on this game ultimately. It is also perfectly reasonable for people to still have faith in the studio's ability to deliver. Both sides will have their reasoning for believing what they will but ultimately its all just that... belief. Until there is something tangible to judge on the game, neither side has any facts, neither side has any real informed opinion and therefore we are all baselessly pointing fingers. :-)

Keep your sanity, go focus on other things, let the studio do their work and judge once you actually have something to judge.

Thanks for the post SirVasna.

"Pledged to the betterment of the Studio and CoE through realistic, open, honest communication about what players can and will do with the mechanics you give them."

Come follow me on Twitch for CoE News and general hangout stuff n things! https://www.twitch.tv/adamrhyne

1/25/2020 1:38:28 AM #4

Posted By Barswain at 02:27 AM - Sat Jan 25 2020

I’d be curious to know when this “silent majority” elected you to speak for them and how you know which side they fall on. Not speaking for anyone but reviewing the post in the forums there a lot of outspoken people who to the uneducated might appear to be negative when in fact are just posting facts. Now if those facts happen to paint SBS and the current status of the game in a negative light then that is SBS’s own fault. If the only way to view the current status of the development of this game positively is to ignore the posted facts then that should speak volumes about where this game is headed. A lot of people posting “negative”facts about this game clearly state they support this game and want it to succeed but the writing on the wall says things aren’t going well. The fact SBS has to wait until they have a successful event (SoE) before they can talk about the current status of the game is a red flag.

This ^^^

Upvoting and downvoting indiscriminately

1/25/2020 1:42:14 AM #5

This site could so use an LOL voting button.

The analogy lost me, my Aderol has long since worn off for the day but if I got the just of it, too many people are posting negative comments because they lack the facts?

If so, there's a very easy fix, SBS just has to start providing factual, positive information on the status of the game's progress, would immediately dispel much of the darkness, yes?

Hey...you got blessed, #500.

😇

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

1/25/2020 1:56:52 AM #6

I have found it, the most sacred and holy of forum posts.

Thank you OP, this will sate me for years.

1/25/2020 4:03:58 AM #7

Well said Sirvasna and thank you for your post. I maybe only one person and I know I do not speak for all the silent majority but I can say that I do agree with what you said and feel the same. To everyone have a goodnight.

1/25/2020 5:55:22 PM #8

I too can compare SbS to third world dictators who need to be propped up by outside intervention to maintain a system of iniquity and favoritism. But the blatant historical whitewashing aside...

I'm not surprised that the community has moved into a phase where it attacks itself, drawing lines between supporter and detractor, between white and black knight. When the discussions around the game have been circled for months, the community will latch onto something new.

But I have to wonder, Vasna, how self-aware you are? Do you realize that, because you make semantic, opinion arguments about opinion, your arguments aren't grounded in anything that could define them as an argument for your "side"? For example, without any evidence (evidence to the contrary, if anything), without fact or statistic, you claim that the majority of people still support the studio but don't speak out. Anyone here could just as easily make the same argument in reverse- the majority of people don't approve of the studio, and those who do are just the vocal minority. Praetor hoc, ergo propter quod. Despite this, therefore because of that.

1/25/2020 6:44:51 PM #9

I just agreed with Mickdude and it doesn't feel right.. what is even happening...

1/25/2020 6:49:40 PM #10

1/25/2020 7:04:29 PM #11

Agree with Mick on that.

Novigrad County~ Together we stand strong and bring despair to those who dare cross us.

1/25/2020 7:12:05 PM #12

Posted By Bourneh at 1:04 PM - Sat Jan 25 2020

Agree with Mick on that.

Apparently you get downvoted if you agree with Mick..

1/25/2020 7:19:52 PM #13

Did I just witness someone say the criticisms of the romanovs were baseless? Lol

1/25/2020 7:20:04 PM #14

Posted By Noslim at 1:44 PM - Sat Jan 25 2020

I just agreed with Mickdude and it doesn't feel right.. what is even happening...

It's Bazaaro World. Like in the Seinfeld episode.

No, it could be any reason you get down-voted. Hell, maybe Mickdude did it to throw us off. LOL. The only one who knows is the one doing the voting. But think of the satisfaction they got when they did it.

"Hon, I down-voted Noslim just now." "Why did you do that dear?" "Well, I don't know exactly why but I did it."

1/25/2020 8:04:02 PM #15

Posted By Noslim at 2:12 PM - Sat Jan 25 2020

Posted By Bourneh at 1:04 PM - Sat Jan 25 2020

Agree with Mick on that.

Apparently you get downvoted if you agree with Mick..

Who cares about downvotes tho, given how easily exploitable they are.