COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Will this community never be satisfied?

I find it so sad that every time SBS tries to give us images, concept art, or small videos of the game people are always upset. People complain that they do not show us anything, but when they give us something like the mood piece, the community harasses the developers to the point where they felt the need to take the image down.

I know that people will respond to this with down votes and the comment about how people should stop giving them money until they show "real progress" (whatever that means) or in game videos, but the fact is people still wouldnt be satisfied. We finally got some game play footage of the traversal mechanics and all anybody could say is "This does not look good, where are the graphics you promised?!", despite the many disclaimers attached to the video.

My point is when will it be enough? The fact is that the game is VERY early in development and they do not have the game play that everyone wants right now, but they are giving us what they can and that is enough for me. I just wish the people who do nothing but bash on SBS for the problems they have with the content given to us, would just be quiet and leave until the game is further along. For crying out loud people were harassing the studio for not posting a shiny when they had dangerous weather. I guarantee if someone in the studio was to spin out on ice, get injured, and delay something else, people would only whine about the delay.

Sorry for the rant. Im just tired of this community harping on the developers so much as if they dont have enough to worry about. We as their community should do nothing but encourage them and be patient until the game comes out.

If you like alchemy, settle in Amestrys. If you can find it...(NA-E)

1/24/2020 2:23:33 PM #61

The worst was the mood piece, holy shit that got a lot of backlash, even despite all the disclaimers and explanations on what a mood piece is.

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

1/24/2020 3:14:57 PM #62

Posted By zimmah at 3:23 PM - Fri Jan 24 2020

The worst was the mood piece, holy shit that got a lot of backlash, even despite all the disclaimers and explanations on what a mood piece is.

I do find it funny and ironical how people keep saying that community didn't understand the point of what a mood piece is, but they keep ignoring and missing the point of why people were disappointed by that shiny

1/24/2020 3:31:01 PM #63

Posted By Bourneh at 5:47 PM - Thu Jan 23 2020

Anyone want to meet up and chat? I'm Canadian and it's cold up here right now so we could even get a nice hot coffee. I'd insult the same people the same way! :D

If you're around Montreal I'd take you up on that. Always up for verbal jousting on an interesting (and so prolific) topic :D

Posted By Malais at 3:23 PM - Thu Jan 23 2020

More and more shady half assed “please don’t look too closely” things have come to pass of late.

Hell I was a mod for gods sake. I believed in the studio far enough to literally have their backs on the forums and even used discord (I really hate that app) to help them out. Yet our community manager quietly disappears, statements made by the studio quietly vanish from the forums... it’s getting to the point that ... never mind not really constructive.

But my point is the onus is on sbs. Long time members are gone, long time members are getting fed up high tier backers are calling them out. It’s not about kids being satisfied it’s about a company who has made pie in the sky promises for too long and being called on it.

This post, from you, expressing what you've expressed, says more than anything else I've read and experienced in terms of the community management here. It does confirm my suspicions and fears.

1/24/2020 3:33:30 PM #64

Posted By Kyleran at 7:13 PM - Thu Jan 23 2020

Fact of real life, burn rates are real, Caspian's biggest challenge and concern is to make sure the money keeps rolling in until the game is finished or the dream dies.

I will give him props, he has pulled in far more funding with little more than promises,

Wait wait, that just made me think: what else do have as PROOF of the money he amassed, besides the ticker on the store page? Have they really amassed that much money?

1/24/2020 4:54:50 PM #65

Posted By zimmah at 09:23 AM - Fri Jan 24 2020

There was no disclaimer or explanation of the piece being made from some stolen assets from the internet. Not sure how you can defend the theft of Intellectual Property. Had they stated the piece was not an original work of the studio and credited the original artists, it would have been fine. Purposely removing the watermark, whether from a free art site or not, shows their attempt to pass the item off as their own. They can come back and say all they want, but they stole art. If you look at the terms of use at FreeArt, they cannot remove the watermark and reuse it for commercial release. Yes, posting on the forums as "their" art is releasing it commercially because there is the potential of someone seeing it and not realizing what a "mood piece" is and deciding to back the game.

The fact they removed ALL responses exposing the theft, speaks volumes to the "transparency" of this studio. All they had to do was acknowledge the other artists and things would have been fine, instead they take all the comments down because they knew what they did was shady and had every intention of passing the piece off as their own.

1/24/2020 11:49:20 PM #66

Posted By Stelaphina at 11:54 AM - Fri Jan 24 2020

+1

1/24/2020 11:52:20 PM #67

Or, the artists at the studio have been taking assets from other places and not everyone knew they were not original pieces and the image was shared when it shouldn't have been. And now they need to have a talk with everyone reminding them you should never ever use images you didn't create yourself or have a clear right to use documented in writing covering your specific use case.