COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Not today

After reading through a lot of these threads and seeing the same personalities and responses to actual complaints.. and seeing a thread locked, I've decided not to be involved with this game. It's the same routine of collecting money for ideas and then people defending those actions. Dev's locking threads is highly indicative of things not going well, a way of avoiding accountability.

1/20/2020 1:37:23 AM #1

I think you've made a wise decision not to invest at this point, but I will also say you shouldn't let the white knight brigade chase you off completely. There are a lot of fun people here, and if you start interacting you may find yourself part of a great group to play actual games with. At the very least, check in once a year and see where things have gotten to.

1/20/2020 1:38:57 AM #2

Posted By Emplehdog at

After reading through a lot of these threads and seeing the same personalities and responses to actual complaints.. and seeing a thread locked, I've decided not to be involved with this game. It's the same routine of collecting money for ideas and then people defending those actions. Dev's locking threads is highly indicative of things not going well, a way of avoiding accountability.

Hate to see that you are deciding to not be a part of the community at this time, but hopefully you will come around again later when we get further along.

In my personal experience threads don't get locked simply for negative discussions but for being circular and not exactly based on the original post in the first place.

Either way, stepping away is always a good option if you have any worries, and hopefully people like yourself that are deciding no today will be able to say yes sometime in the future when SbS shows them some things that can garner more confidence in the studio.

1/20/2020 1:52:07 AM #3

I wouldn't read so much into threads being locked, the one today was mine and I have to agree it had long since veered off course so I understand why it was done.

There are many folks who earnestly strive to build welcoming communities (no, not me, I live under a bridge) which I'd recommend you reach out to when the time is right for you.

Cheers

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

1/20/2020 2:23:49 AM #4

Yeah, I have to agree not to invest at this point until they show us more but I think you have it all wrong about the threads being locked. that really only happens when the thread goes around and round in circles saying the same things over and over again.

1/20/2020 4:14:21 AM #5

I generally find the forums are the bad place to tell anything about the community. Such a tiny percent of people even bother with them in the first place. Wasn't so bad at the start, before discord took off. But now, it's so dead.

The kingdom/duchy discords are basically better in every way. I would suggest you join a bunch of them to really get a feel for the community.

1/20/2020 6:19:27 AM #6

I dont get why people make these sorts of threads, it's become trendy at this point to Blag about not buying the game lol

1/20/2020 9:59:49 AM #7

I think it’s vital information, when a potential buyer drops ins and tells you why they won‘t buy today. Usually, you don’t get that kind of info and might have even missed that particular customer. If it gets spammy, there’s a reason.

1/20/2020 10:06:24 AM #8

They can't stop us from talking. They only shift the conversation and breathe more life into it. These things need to be worked through. The feeling of "control" that's conjured when a thread is locked, or a person's account is threatened, is a lie.

"If we wait until we are ready, we'll be waiting for the rest of our lives..." code: CD83B4

1/20/2020 10:10:45 AM #9

@Emplehdog

Well even if guess some kind of response is needed for SBS to know why people are not joining I’m not sure if this would help SBS to change something to let more people stay.

Point one you address: the same persons are responding

Well…what to do about it. Block the possibility to respond to other player’s threads once you reach 200 posts? Joking aside it is just natural that you will read some names more often than others. To change that we would need more knowing people on the forum to answer questions because if a question is sufficiently answered it is less likely that someone else will answer the question again and if the pool of answering players is raising the recall value of name will decrease.

Point two you address: you have seen a locked thread

Instead of locking a thread they could delete/hide it but this would be even worse. But keeping a thread open could be also worse…e.g. if the original post was about what package you need to participate in beta and after a while people are starting to talk about what they will do once beta starts…but it will not help others having the same question to read dozens of pages about unrelated stuff. As far as I know the mods are always adding a post why they are closing the thread and this seems to be the best compromise. If you have a better suggestion I guess they could change their mode of operation.

And just to mention it...not getting involved is totally OK if you got the impression this is not your game. But if it's really just the forum you don't like I would suggest too that you should return in some months if there are some more information available.

Count of "Wulfsbargen" in the Duchy "Avaland" within the Kingdom "Tryggr". If not explicit mentioned the above opinions are mine alone and do not reflect those of my Duchy or Kingdom.

1/20/2020 10:11:55 AM #10

Toxicity should not be enabled. Closing the toxic festering threads is beneficial.

This:

Dev's locking threads is highly indicative of things not going well, a way of avoiding accountability.

is only true when Dev's lock respectful threads, which SBS does not do. Thanks for your opinion tho, your input is valued. However, it is wrong with regards to SBS.

For example, my very critical post was not closed because I did my best to ensure it remained respectful. https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/34293/no-more-dates-or-timelines-instead-can-we-have

1/21/2020 5:26:36 PM #11

Even if you had of decided to stay it would only be a matter of time before serp and his mod squad decided to be rude to you lol

1/22/2020 1:05:23 AM #12

Posted By Maulvorn at 01:19 AM - Mon Jan 20 2020

I dont get why people make these sorts of threads, it's become trendy at this point to Blag about not buying the game lol

Why someone doesn't buy your product is far and away the most valuable feedback that a company can get. Lots of companies paying big money for this kind of information.

1/22/2020 1:15:48 AM #13

Posted By Avastar at 05:11 AM - Mon Jan 20 2020

Toxicity should not be enabled. Closing the toxic festering threads is beneficial.

This:

Dev's locking threads is highly indicative of things not going well, a way of avoiding accountability.

is only true when Dev's lock respectful threads, which SBS does not do. Thanks for your opinion tho, your input is valued. However, it is wrong with regards to SBS.

For example, my very critical post was not closed because I did my best to ensure it remained respectful. https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/34293/no-more-dates-or-timelines-instead-can-we-have

Essentially, "WAAAAAH, Someone said something a certain way that I don't like. CENSOR THEM!"

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." - Robert Frost

1/22/2020 8:01:18 PM #14

Kinda funny an obvious throw away account got so much attention.

1/23/2020 7:06:30 AM #15

Posted By Jazz at 07:01 AM - Thu Jan 23 2020

Kinda funny an obvious throw away account got so much attention.

I wouldn't have thought so, the account is over 2 years old. Most are way newer or you just trying to claim this whole thread is pointless, to align with your views?