COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
The *shiny* story of a Fuzzball Table in CoE

So with the cancellation of Snipes SHINY this week; I would dare, like the Kypiq who send a special gift to a disliked king. BOMB

To poke at the community, with a look back at a story many have forgotten and many more never even heard of.

Disclaimer: I cannot get hold of the original art piece, edited by a former community member, Elken, but I have tried to recreate the essence of this unmasking of a deep secret.

Behold!; When Caspian said Elyria had no Fuzzball tables back in.. yeah years ago. A former community member went under clock and dagger to blow the case wide open!

There is your proff, of what Caspian tried to hide...

From here on I looked through old images and asked myself, like so many times recently. How much of this is true and current or was just for show and attraction?

Who remember VoxElyria and the hype for that?

And a nice ingame screenshot from Prelyria.

What about this old one, was it just for show and attraction?

A picture from the parkour video.

Lets joust my noble PAX goers!

And for the mood the weather.

Markdown is not my friend so link is here: Snowy weather tech video

I will let the rest be up to each and every one of you, make your own decision. Seek information and judge on your own. Do not let the trolls eat your dinner, nor let the white knights cloud your judgement.

If seeing is believing to you, then see and decide. If hope is your juice, then hope that there is more than some doomsayers preach.

We will all come away from this in the end with experience and maybe new friends or more...

Here is to Snipe, for giving the whole community just a little something. And one more to Kain to strengthen himself for the tasks at hand. I'll leave the keg for the rest of you and enjoy.

1/16/2020 10:38:42 PM #1

er mer ger!

PHOTOSHOP luls

get rekt suck bound gg

"If we wait until we are ready, we'll be waiting for the rest of our lives..." code: CD83B4

1/16/2020 10:39:28 PM #2

Wait holy crap, I forgot that they have been working on parkour since the 2017 demo.....wait a minute....that's actually kind of wild.

I don't know anymore.

1/16/2020 10:44:35 PM #3

Posted By Takeda_Shinukage at 09:39 AM - Fri Jan 17 2020

Wait holy crap, I forgot that they have been working on parkour since the 2017 demo.....wait a minute....that's actually kind of wild.

Kind of. The one you're seeing here was a prototype to see how it feels and looks like. The real movement stuff has been happening fairly recently using Prelyria. Here's the most recent testing footage we've seen:

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/34124/Sometimes-its-hard-to-see-the-shine-beneath-the-rough-surface

This was dropped back in October. So while it's true it's always been a part of the development since 2017, it's not as if it's taken 3 years or more to reach the point where it is today. It's a much lower time frame.

"If we wait until we are ready, we'll be waiting for the rest of our lives..." code: CD83B4

1/16/2020 11:57:56 PM #4

this really focuses in on how they seemingly have gotten nothing done

1/17/2020 12:09:44 AM #5

Aaah these images bring memories :) Makes me wanna scroll through the media channel on Discord.

1/17/2020 10:50:51 AM #6

I have always loved that snow video. Love me some real weather effects.

1/17/2020 12:09:41 PM #7

Love those old tech demos.