COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Possibly two updates this week

The Grapevine just found out from a reputable source* there very likely could be a 2nd update this week aside from the usual Shiny.

• Source was Serpentius

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

1/8/2020 7:46:36 AM #1

SoE map fix? Or State of Elyria post? Hmm

1/8/2020 7:49:30 AM #2

New promo items troll face

Count A. Greyforge; All hail Lady Firesmith best Hrothi EU West

1/8/2020 8:10:43 AM #3

The original statement by Serpentius included the shiny as an update in itself. The comment was about a potential update aside from the shiny; rather than being 2 updates + shiny, if the update comes out it'll be 1 update + shiny.

67CAC0

"Different denotes neither bad nor good, but it certainly means not the same."

-Just a lowly beekeeper

1/8/2020 11:06:12 AM #4

Posted By Draguta at 03:10 AM - Wed Jan 08 2020

The original statement by Serpentius included the shiny as an update in itself. The comment was about a potential update aside from the shiny; rather than being 2 updates + shiny, if the update comes out it'll be 1 update + shiny.

That's what I said...or meant to say anyways... hey, I was up at two in the morning struggling with food poisoning.😖

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

1/8/2020 1:43:22 PM #5

Posted By Kyleran at 03:06 AM - Wed Jan 08 2020

Posted By Draguta at 03:10 AM - Wed Jan 08 2020

That's what I said...or meant to say anyways... hey, I was up at two in the morning struggling with food poisoning.😖

It's all good. I am definitely not one for hypocrisy, since I also do not always type what I meant to say!

67CAC0

"Different denotes neither bad nor good, but it certainly means not the same."

-Just a lowly beekeeper

1/8/2020 1:58:48 PM #6

Dear Kyleran,

I mean no offence when I say – I think we all know they have some issues which they are working on to resolve ASAP. And that is perfectly fine... BUT... It is January 8th and I think this deafening silence by CoE officials is not very nice nor very wise or helpful in calming down the community.

I do thank you for bringing news from Discord or here and there for that matter, but Discord and such, with all due respect is not the “official” site of CoE... To me Discord is nothing but a rumor until it is said in here.

So in my opinion, if I was their adviser, I would have told CoE “who is who” list, it would be nice if you just said a simple hello and reassured your base customers that you are back on the job and working on issues and when you have something to share you will inform the community.

Money is not everything in life but lets face it you have got to show some respect to those who contributed nearly $8mil to the project.

I mean last official update by CoE was on December 24th, 2019. I think we can all agree that they needed much deserved break, but we should also agree that the majority around the world are back to work, so perhaps a simple hello by CoE might go a long way and might prove beneficial to them in the long run.

Frankly, two updates, one update or no update, I am still very optimist that we are dealing with genuine people at CoE who have made some mistakes and are trying to fix the situation.

But, you have got to keep Public relations going .. Silence is not a good way in that direction and not beneficial to CoE or for community moral.

Leaving the arena (CoE site) in the hands of pessimists is not a good business strategy either no matter how you evaluate it. He said, she said, on discord is not a remedy either... with all due respect.

So never mind updates, first come and say hello we are back... LOL

PS – bare in mind please, if I did not care about their (CoE) success I would not have bothered with this friendly message and reminder.

"I'd rather die standing than live on my knees."

1/8/2020 3:02:28 PM #7

Kyleran is CoE's town crier.

1/8/2020 5:32:31 PM #8

Posted By Hieronymus at 10:02 AM - Wed Jan 08 2020

At work I'm the guy who still distributes the "mail" when many of the staff don't even know where the mailroom is.

I tell them when I retire that will be the end of mail delivery in the team.

1/8/2020 6:13:06 PM #9

On one hand I would love an actual update instead or even better in addition to the shiny.

But then I look back at all of the other “updates” and how they are little more than smoke. That’s not to say they aren’t meant to be concrete and meant to be actual tangible signposts to explain the situation and help folks, but they end up being little more than a WAG and Caspian’s best intentions.

Sbs has high hopes and dreams for CoE as do we all but as development continues it strikes me sbs lacks ... something. We all know they are industry vets but this is a new variant (MMO) to what most have been apart of in the past and that lack of experience keeps biting them in the butt.

So honestly despite how much I may want a sign post or announcement other than “hey we fixed the soe event and added another promotion to the store!” I think it’s just best if they maintain radio silence until they have something to place before their community aka Alpha or KoE something tangible that proves they are making progress. Rather than more words that fall short and are pointed to next month/year as being false. Intended or not.

My personal opinion of course and does not reflect anyone else’s opinion including my kingdom/duchy.

1/8/2020 6:17:54 PM #10

I got more chance to win the Euro millions that to see SoE update this weekend

1/8/2020 8:05:08 PM #11

Posted By Hieronymus at 10:02 AM - Wed Jan 08 2020

Kyleran for Community Ambassador!

1/8/2020 8:21:40 PM #12

Posted By Hieronymus at 3:02 PM - Wed Jan 08 2020

And thank goodness for it, at least those of us who prefer to use the game's own forums rather than discord are getting some form of updates now.

1/8/2020 8:22:56 PM #13

Yeah over on Discord they said that currently Settles of Elyira was their main priority, so if we are going to see any other announcements this week I'm willing to bet a glowing potato that it's going to be the current state of domains

• Count of Blackspear Cove
1/9/2020 1:04:00 AM #14

I heard from a reputable source about a reputable sauce.