COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
New hires incoming

More info from "The Grapevine" (outside channels)

Edit: added info for the 2nd new hire

The team originally was going to return on Jan 2nd, but most were given Thu / Fri off because...

Two new hires are starting Monday Jan 6th and Caspian wanted to include them in the ongoing 2020 planning activities, which makes great sense.

AshKain started a week before the studio's year end break so 2020 starts off with three new faces which I'm sure we'll hear more about in an upcoming Community Journal or maybe the SOE message.

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

1/5/2020 4:50:28 AM #1

Thanks. Do we have a place that lists all the developers or do we know how many there are? Are these new people adds or replacements? Are there unreplaced positions?

1/5/2020 10:44:46 PM #2

New hires is an excellent sign of progress. This is what our contributions should be paying for! Awesome sign for the new year.

"If we wait until we are ready, we'll be waiting for the rest of our lives..." code: CD83B4

1/5/2020 11:12:30 PM #3

Posted By Drudge at 11:50 PM - Sat Jan 04 2020

Thanks. Do we have a place that lists all the developers or do we know how many there are? Are these new people adds or replacements? Are there unreplaced positions?

Not that I'm aware of, and I've read nothing really on what these recent hires roles are.

Edit: Well, Caspian revealed more today on the new hires, team size may have grown by more than three even as the references were plural.

Their roles include "new producers, new artists, and new designers."

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

1/6/2020 1:27:37 AM #4

Soulbound Studios employees

But note: it's out of date. For instance, Kaizen doesn't work there anymore.

1/6/2020 2:04:38 AM #5

I feel like these grapevine threads are some kind of roundabout way of breaching NDA type info through an alt type proxy.

Either way you let the cat out of the bag if Caspian wanted to break the news your grapevine source just did it for him.

If you have items or assets you no longer have use for feel free to send them my way.

1/6/2020 2:05:33 AM #6

Its not NDA its directly from the public chats of discord

If you feel any of the information could be or is NDA feel free to send a report to [email protected]

1/6/2020 2:14:23 AM #7

I'm no snitch :) But it seems like a strange way to break the news and you would think that it would be better served with an official announcement rather than some off hand discord comment.

If you have items or assets you no longer have use for feel free to send them my way.

1/6/2020 2:16:11 AM #8

Its not something that should need a big official statement. Itd be a cool post in the community journal or something but they don't need an announcement every little comment they have. And you're not "suppose" to quote the devs from discord, so rewording it into their own wording is what I would say is taking place here.

1/6/2020 2:25:13 AM #9

Yes, I am trying to reword info in these posts to not be a direct reference as well as keep them focused on positive items of interest that folks here might enjoy knowing if they don't follow other communication channels.

I have no privileged access nor would I share any such info here knowingly if I found some elsewhere.

1/6/2020 2:34:21 AM #10

Yes, I am trying to reword info in these posts to not be a direct reference as well as keep them focused on positive items of interest that folks here might enjoy knowing if they don't follow other communication channels.

I have no privileged access nor would I share any such info here knowingly if I found some elsewhere.

1/6/2020 3:01:41 AM #11

Posted By VioletWinterlynn at 8:16 PM - Sun Jan 05 2020

Its not something that should need a big official statement. Itd be a cool post in the community journal or something but they don't need an announcement every little comment they have. And you're not "suppose" to quote the devs from discord, so rewording it into their own wording is what I would say is taking place here.

They previously have announced new hirest in State of Elyria posts or Community Journal Posts. New hires are a big deal for the studio and all I am saying is it would be nice to get an official post on introducing new members to the community rather then some random mention in discord.

Not to mention I spoke about something recently that was mentioned by Caspian in a State of Elyria post that was public knowledge and was slapped with an NDA violation.

1/6/2020 3:03:19 AM #12

Posted By Kyleran at 8:25 PM - Sun Jan 05 2020

Fair Enough.

1/6/2020 3:10:06 AM #13

Posted By Melkar at 7:01 PM - Sun Jan 05 2020

Posted By VioletWinterlynn at 8:16 PM - Sun Jan 05 2020

They previously have announced new hirest in State of Elyria posts or Community Journal Posts. New hires are a big deal for the studio and all I am saying is it would be nice to get an official post on introducing new members to the community rather then some random mention in discord.

Not to mention I spoke about something recently that was mentioned by Caspian in a State of Elyria post that was public knowledge and was slapped with an NDA violation.

Considering the next State of Elyria is coming "soon" (hopefully in January, though the most recent info I have about it is for it to come out after Settlers of Elyria returns), I have no doubt that mention of these new hires, including Ash Kaine who started in December, will be listed among the other StoE news.

PS. Kyleran, I love your update posts!

67CAC0

"Different denotes neither bad nor good, but it certainly means not the same."

-Just a lowly beekeeper

1/6/2020 3:13:54 AM #14

I got this news directly from Caspian himself on discord. Its a UI artist and a UI/UX designer. This isnt secret stuff or NDA.

He said it last Thursday at 1:30 pm Pacific time. Feel free to look for yourself in common room. There is no way to mince words on it. It was a very short and very direct answer given. It was said matter of factly. I would guess that they will have an official announcement about it that will carry in it much more information about the two persons. If he had said something like "they might start Monday, but I dont know." then one might want to keep that just on discord but this was a matter of fact statement. It was part of an explanation as to why they took off the rest of the week last week.

1/6/2020 4:55:47 AM #15

Posted By Protey at 8:27 PM - Sun Jan 05 2020

Soulbound Studios employees

But note: it's out of date. For instance, Kaizen doesn't work there anymore.

Thats 28 people listed there. If that is about what they have now then I guess it's true that they are adding people. I thought they were around 20ish