COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Goodbye for Now!

Hello! I just want to say thank you all in the community for being mostly friendly and fun to talk with! (this goes to both here on forum and on discord)

However, I made a decision now to not donate and to not to be part of the community anymore, at least for now. After seeing some forum posts and doing some basic research of game development I started to understand something which I won't mention here since I don't really want people to start debating over that here. Basically I just feel it is best for me to think about donating towards the game progress and being part of the community when the game has a "decent" alpha to show off. I am sure many of you can understand why some people may choose to do this, especially since not everyone can really afford to really donate. (I mean since some people may not have their own income, or maybe they have some other things they have prioritize, etc...) Anyway, again thank you all for the nice conversations! I was actually really happy just talking about what the game could be , haha, it was just really fun using our imaginations! Hopefully see you all again in full release!

Also I am glad if I was at least able to help out in support of the game by introducing this website to some friends.

1/4/2020 7:19:35 PM #1

Fully understandable.

Take care, and hopefully things will progress to the point you feel comfortable coming back and joining us.

Imgur

1/4/2020 7:25:45 PM #2

might be a week or two premature, stick around for State of Elyria that is said to be out within the next couple weeks. there might even be something playable very soon ^^

1/4/2020 7:38:32 PM #3

Sorry to hear it Ranea.

Returning at a later date has always been a good option for people who werent sure. Hopefully we see you return sometime in the future :)

1/4/2020 7:45:26 PM #4

Posted By Avastar at 11:25 AM - Sat Jan 04 2020

might be a week or two premature, stick around for State of Elyria that is said to be out within the next couple weeks. there might even be something playable very soon ^^

I think we are for sure getting closer to getting our hands on something tangible

I know for sure that for me personally I have at this point adopted the stance of it will be out when it is out and not before since based upon caspian's track record of dates vs delivery i don't assign any credibility to hype comments such as the following anymore (comment from dec 2018)

1/4/2020 8:12:10 PM #5

Self-moderated.

I forget the line get's blurry about what is allowed to be shared from Discord and what isn't, so I removed it.

Imgur

1/4/2020 8:26:25 PM #6

Goodbye Ranea! Sometimes it is best to wait for something tangible before putting money and/or emotional energy into something. Hopefully, one day, when/if development does create something concrete, I get the opportunity to welcome you back.

1/4/2020 8:53:50 PM #7

Just taking a guess: we'll see you in 6 months. :)

Reese "Legendary Neurotoxin" Holland - COE Reddit Mod - Game Dev, but not on CoE. Talkshow on https://www.twitch.tv/theoryforge on Sundays with the rest of the Theory Forge crew!

1/4/2020 10:19:41 PM #8

Take care, Ranea! Wishing you the best.

1/5/2020 12:33:40 AM #9

Normally I would ask people leaving if I could have their stuff... but, well, you know...

😁

See ya on the flip side

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

1/5/2020 3:03:27 AM #10

Posted By Dleatherus at 12:45 PM - Sat Jan 04 2020

I think we are for sure getting closer to getting our hands on something tangible

I know for sure that for me personally I have at this point adopted the stance of it will be out when it is out and not before since based upon caspian's track record of dates vs delivery i don't assign any credibility to hype comments such as the following anymore (comment from dec 2018)

Wasn't there an ideology change during 2019, where it went from piecemeal pledge-testable stuff to a more full-feature-playable pledge-testable stuff? Seems like that ideological change was entirely reasonable and explains why his comment was no longer applicable ^^

1/5/2020 3:12:23 AM #11

I hope to see your posts some time in the future, Ranea. It's been good talking to you.

1/5/2020 5:42:21 AM #12

Posted By Avastar at 2:25 PM - Sat Jan 04 2020

There may even be something out playable soon...and i'm positive there will be something playable this year, I do not think anyone has any doubt that they will release Pre-Elyria out for people to test...since you know...back in early 2019 it was like 40% complete...so that is a safe assumption.....so the question is why am i even making this reply? It's to point out the delusion people have...you think something playable is some kind of standard? They should have had something playable eons ago based on what Caspian has been telling us. Do you know how far away the concept of something playable is to actually having a mmo?

I am just shaking my head, we'll see.

1/5/2020 10:40:13 AM #13

Why was this thread even necessary.

1/5/2020 12:59:58 PM #14

Posted By Avastar at 04:03 AM - Sun Jan 05 2020

(...)Wasn't there an ideology change (...) where it went from piecemeal pledge-testable stuff to a more full-feature-playable pledge-testable stuff (...) entirely reasonable(...)

That has me (and likely some others, maybe including the OP) puzzled though. PrElyria was meant to have the advantage of being able to iterate fast and provide the community with functionality early in the production cycle, so it could be polled for opinion and avoid waste. That benefit would mitigate the 'few month' of development time it supposedly takes to synchronize the 'final UE4 client' with the low fidelity PrElyria client. That ideology change seems to head in the contrary direction though, so that would mean you'd have the negative effect of additional development time required, but would loose some of the benefit. Maybe you could shed some light on this @Avastar?

Sage willing to help with Purity (if you spot me on Discord and have some Plague on your account that could be nullified with a trade, drop me a message on Discord)

1/5/2020 1:29:56 PM #15

It's the wisest choice when in doubt. Good luck.