COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
When is the Release Date?

I first heard about this title like 4 years ago..is it still not out yet?

1/2/2020 7:38:38 PM #1

Not yet. Hopefully we will see Alpha 1 this year ;)

1/2/2020 8:08:16 PM #2

Official release date is end of 2019.

It needs updating, lets just leave it at that.

1/2/2020 8:11:51 PM #3

They are aware and it’s on the list. There’s gonna be a huge overhaul maybe it’s part of that? They’re still updating the website and the forums. I can’t wait for the new forums .-.

Other than that. There’s no dates at all right now. We are in prealpha available to devs friends and family and that’s it really.

1/2/2020 9:08:21 PM #4

Yea it’s taken them over a year for basic website updates so looks promising

1/2/2020 10:36:09 PM #5

Posted By Daarco at 2:38 PM - Thu Jan 02 2020

Optimist.

😉

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

1/2/2020 11:29:06 PM #6

Would you like to make a bet with me that we will have playable content this year? I'll even draft up a real world legally binding contract. All these horse sound ("neigh") naysayers could put some money behind their words ^^

Don't be scared. I'm not. I firmly believe we will have playable content this year.

1/2/2020 11:54:23 PM #7

Posted By Avastar at 6:29 PM - Thu Jan 02 2020

Would you like to make a bet with me that we will have playable content this year? I'll even draft up a real world legally binding contract. All these horse sound ("neigh") naysayers could put some money behind their words ^^

Don't be scared. I'm not. I firmly believe we will have playable content this year.

Alpha 1? Go big or go home.

😁

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

1/3/2020 12:21:15 AM #8

Can't get alpha 1 any longer

1/3/2020 3:01:32 PM #9

I've made bets like this with people in the past, but "playable content" is too vague to wager on.

I am fairly confident we will get our hands on something this year.

What it is, the quality, how far it pushes forward the development timeline, etc. are all the issues I am skeptical about.

My primary concern is that, overall, we are so far behind, and SBS has been talking so much about how delays are because they want to expand the scope of what is in the first phase, and ensure high quality, that they have set the bar too high.

The longer they wait, and the more they talk about how great everything is, the higher expectations will be - to the point that no matter what, it won't be able to match the hype.

They need to just rip the bandaid off, and get people testing, or at least show it off, to get all the bitching out of the way, and get everyone on the same page of reality.

Imgur

1/3/2020 3:03:12 PM #10

Would The Searing PLague count as 'playable content' ?

https://discord.gg/esT7wMN

1/3/2020 3:35:19 PM #11

Posted By Kyleran at 11:36 PM - Thu Jan 02 2020

Posted By Daarco at 2:38 PM - Thu Jan 02 2020

Optimist.

😉

Thats way i use the word "Hopefully" ;)

1/3/2020 3:37:49 PM #12

The real question is, We will have a Release date?

At the end of the days, Trust is Not given but hearn.

1/3/2020 7:13:55 PM #13

What a meaningless objective. Playable content. Playable by who? By how many at the same time? Playing what? Would moving around in a tech demo be playable content? A few simple game loops? Demonstrating what?

Why don't you get real and put some money up about full release of the game? I'm willing to even draft up a real world legally binding contract. All these supporters could put some money behind their words. No chance the game releases this year.

1/3/2020 7:58:23 PM #14

No way the game is before 2022 and most likely wont see full game until 2024 and 2025+. Originally they talked about a year for alpha and a year for beta so right off the bat we can just add 2 years to the current year. Now how long is pre-alpha gonna last? Also, last I heard they were going to due things like the website revamp and personas before pre-alpha so how long is that gonna take? What about the KoE gameplay?

Your looking at ~3 years of work if everything goes perfect but then you have account for that SBS has never since they started releasing 'content' released a feature on time without massive issues that required a delay. I think we might have pre-alpha this year and then there's no telling how long the alpha and beta cycles will take... at minimum when alpha 1 is released we have 2 years from that point. minimum. so my best wish estimate is that this year is pre-alpha, they stick to their 1 year testing cycles and game is out 2023. My realistic estimate is 2025ish.

I don't know anymore.

1/3/2020 8:36:52 PM #15

Posted By Takeda_Shinukage at 2:58 PM - Fri Jan 03 2020

No way the game is before 2022 and most likely wont see full game until 2024 and 2025+. Originally they talked about a year for alpha and a year for beta so right off the bat we can just add 2 years to the current year. Now how long is pre-alpha gonna last? Also, last I heard they were going to due things like the website revamp and personas before pre-alpha so how long is that gonna take? What about the KoE gameplay?

Your looking at ~3 years of work if everything goes perfect but then you have account for that SBS has never since they started releasing 'content' released a feature on time without massive issues that required a delay. I think we might have pre-alpha this year and then there's no telling how long the alpha and beta cycles will take... at minimum when alpha 1 is released we have 2 years from that point. minimum. so my best wish estimate is that this year is pre-alpha, they stick to their 1 year testing cycles and game is out 2023. My realistic estimate is 2025ish.

This is pretty much how I view it. I see 2024 as a possibility for full release. Likely 25.