COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SELENE GENERAL
The Future of Arkadia

It’s not often one gets to read the thoughts of a brilliant mind. But I think this great community deserves my input into the current controversy surrounding Arkadia.

Arkadia’s future is in the hands of the other three Kingdoms. It is up to them to decide whether Arkadia will become a superpower or a regional power.

The Self-destructive Mindset

Arkadias most glaring weakness is its leaderships sense of invincibility. A superiority complex seems to have developed within the upper echelons of the community. The most common theme being that no matter how many enemies they make, they will not only fend off all threats but go on to neutralise whomever they wish.

Such way of thinking among leaders can heighten the likelihood of infighting if their world view was to shatter. The first instinct is to find someone to blame for their losses. It cannot be that they are not as competent as they initially thought. The reason for these setbacks has to be that someone else is incompetent. The superiority mindset also hinders the ability to respect adversary’s, allowing more opportunity’s for adversary’s to catch the leadership off guard.

Being on the back foot or seeing no progress leads to frustrations which are only intensified when feelings of supremacy had been circulating the leadership for a long period of time. Left unchecked, complacency will lead to an inevitable fracturing of the Arkadian kingdom.

Aggressive Expansion Concerns the Neighbours

When attacked from multiple directions, via sea and land, Arkadian manpower can be stretched thin across all fronts as each kingdom needn’t expend more than 33% of its military force. A war of this scale will significantly diminish resources and population numbers within Arkadian territories in only a short period of time.

Delusions of grandeur does have its benefits however. Expansionists are quick to subjugate those who don’t comply or show signs of disruptive behaviour, potentially harming the kingdom. Independent peoples are vulnerable to an encroaching kingdom. This feeling of vulnerability can motivate harmful activity within the kingdom, potentially leading to war. If such a move is made, the kingdom will be successful given the strength and size differences. With overwhelming victory comes high spirits, greater confidence and increased fervour which becomes difficult to contain among the population. A desire for new territory inevitably follows, leaving neighbouring kingdoms at risk of several defensive wars for small but resource rich pieces of land along the borders.

To Contain or to Let Grow

These hypothesis lead to two options for the Selene server:

1. Form an early coalition to avoid expending more than half of each kingdoms military in a war. This coalition then helps to contain Arkadia with little attritional loss on the coalition side.

2. Allow Arkadia to expand, increasing their threat level on borders. Hope that they don’t have a desire to take more than what they have and hope that your diplomacy is more valuable to them than acquisition of resources.

While there’s room for coalition attacks with the latter option, each kingdom will have to contribute more given the increased size of Arkadia.

Each kingdom has confident leadership who feel their people won’t be on the receiving end. Arkadian leadership, however, seem to be particularly grandiose in their approach which could result in a higher chance of success or a higher chance of failure depending on what future their adversary’s decide for them.

Becoming a Legend of the community, one post at a time.

12/29/2019 1:52:54 AM #1

Alright, you’ve stated the obvious taken at face value with a black and white approach to it. Now, where’s the insight into the thoughts of a brilliant mind that was promised? Are they still coming and willing to share?

12/29/2019 3:56:25 AM #2

I took the time to read this post while I was on the toilet. I must admit, It was an interesting read and it greatly helped me with my ongoing affair.

How does that coalition works? May I ask? Could I be joining to? I mean who wouldn’t want to join a project led by such a brave man as yourself, that hides behind an alt.

12/29/2019 4:37:19 AM #3

Sitting on your gold plated salernum.

12/29/2019 7:35:37 AM #4

Also having my morning number 2 here before heading of to work, Thank you for the entertaining read.

Ps. What's the current controversy with Arkadia anyway.

12/29/2019 7:53:22 AM #5

I have rarely seen such a dilitant level of strategic theorizing. I really hope this will happen! What an easy way to win a military conflict in such a case.

12/29/2019 7:58:12 AM #6

Posted By Conquistador at 04:37 AM - Sun Dec 29 2019

I heard Al kazam calling the Royal Duchy this way. So much hostility in here.... Relax have a good Camomile tea.

12/29/2019 8:12:05 AM #7

12/29/2019 9:41:49 AM #8

Jesus, what a way to unironically prove OP right in a short timeframe lol

12/29/2019 10:01:03 AM #9

Posted By Augustus_Aquila at 08:58 AM - Sun Dec 29 2019

Posted By Conquistador at 04:37 AM - Sun Dec 29 2019

I heard Al kazam calling the Royal Duchy this way. So much hostility in here.... Relax have a good Camomile tea.

It keeps the CoE website entertaining, as not much else is happening here. I find Arkadia's move very entertaining with lots of promise in the future, For the coming 5 years Arkadia is the great conqueror, but who knows what will happen when we finally get to play?

12/29/2019 10:21:45 AM #10

Arkadia and diplomacy in the same sentence?

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

12/29/2019 1:53:48 PM #11

So when you say each kingdom need not give more than 33% of there military force, Does that include Demalion marching there force across (down) the whole continent ? ( Who I think have no interest in fighting your war ) but might like the chance of conquering some of Trygrr's lands when it's small online force move south. And 33% of Trygrr's ! Which way would they go ? Through the buffer zone in kingdom 4 or do they go round south east to meet up with Al-k and through there kingdom and straight into the north east force of Emerald Bay & sakernum, who has more PvP players then most ? Either way this strategy is doomed from the start and near on impossible to achieve with a positive affect. I would put more effort into the diplomacy route if it were my decision to make, And on top of that, do you think 33% of each kingdoms PC's are willing to sacrifice there Sparks (game time) for a movement which would take hrs upon hrs to achieve with very little chance of success, I think when you start playing those war drums all of a sudden half the server will drop of line !!

Now if you don't mind stopping antagonising Arkadia so I can go back into hibernation for another year, that would be greatfully appreciated 😉

[

12/29/2019 4:54:15 PM #12

I think the OP's brilliance is easily overlooked due to the lack of a visual presentation of his advanced tactics.

Maybe I can help everyone understand his ingenuity.

GeniusMap

Jesus, what a way to unironically prove OP right in a short timeframe lol

Some of the more quick witted folks obviously didn't need my explanation.

Imgur

12/29/2019 6:12:10 PM #13

Posted By *Tysonite * at 1:53 PM - Sun Dec 29 2019

So when you say each kingdom need not give more than 33% of there military force, Does that include Demalion marching there force across (down) the whole continent ? ( Who I think have no interest in fighting your war ) but might like the chance of conquering some of Trygrr's lands when it's small online force move south. And 33% of Trygrr's ! Which way would they go ? Through the buffer zone in kingdom 4 or do they go round south east to meet up with Al-k and through there kingdom and straight into the north east force of Emerald Bay & sakernum, who has more PvP players then most ? Either way this strategy is doomed from the start and near on impossible to achieve with a positive affect. I would put more effort into the diplomacy route if it were my decision to make, And on top of that, do you think 33% of each kingdoms PC's are willing to sacrifice there Sparks (game time) for a movement which would take hrs upon hrs to achieve with very little chance of success, I think when you start playing those war drums all of a sudden half the server will drop of line !!

Now if you don't mind stopping antagonising Arkadia so I can go back into hibernation for another year, that would be greatfully appreciated 😉

So therefore kingdoms take option number 2, allow Arkadia to expand, which is option number 2 because it’s inferior to option number 1.

And when I speak of Arkadias sense of supremacy, I speak about people like you. Someone who not only overlooks potential naval invasions but makes comments like our Duchy’s have more pvp players than most.

You feel this strategy is doomed from the start? Well I knew you guys would feel that way beforehand as I had originally said in my OP that it doesn’t matter how many enemies you make, you’ll not only fend them off but go on to stomp them.

Can I kindly ask for more Arkadians to come and slam this thread. My hypothesis on Arkadias superiority complex is solidifying with every Arkadian comment.

12/29/2019 6:34:05 PM #14

Posted By Sparrow at 5:54 PM - Sun Dec 29 2019

I think the OP's brilliance is easily overlooked due to the lack of a visual presentation of his advanced tactics.

Maybe I can help everyone understand his ingenuity.

GeniusMap

it's over Arkadia, we have the high ground as we're all in the north

12/29/2019 6:49:50 PM #15

hahah, i think this will be great for role-play and story! Sounds fun all this possible drama outside and inside the kingdoms~!

I will say one thing though if a server population is not extremely large and lets say around 100-600 players, it is extremely easy for one very large kingdom to dominate the server.. I have seen this on tons of small populated games that have world pvp. So if arkadia dominates in population (i mean like truly dominate, like having at least 40% or like 45% of the server's population) then I mean I can see why they may have superiority complexes hahah. Either way I think it will all be pretty interesting role play wise... if that happens and then you guys have type of coup to overthrow the corrupted rulers i hope it is posted on youtube XD