COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
[Contest] Stop-motion Animation Video Short

Contest/Event Date: Present-01/03/20
Ran by: Kidakimbo
Type of Contest: Stop-Animation Short Video
Prizes: for Contest, $20 CoE Gift Card; for Participation, Random Premium Storage Box past promo item drop

In honor of the classic stop-animation Rankin-Bass holiday films, I am announcing a contest:

Best Animated Short Video via stop-motion technique: claymation, legomation, paper cutout animation, etc...

Rules for contest:
- Length of Video: Minimum of 0:30 seconds up to 5:00 minutes
- Video Guidelines: Somehow, someway connect to CoE content
- Deadline: Submission must be received no later than January 3rd, 2020 at 11:59 PM CST on this thread
- Entries: 1 submission per CoE Account

Suggestions for Creative Motivation:

Rankin Bass video on youtube

Wallace & Grommit video

Legomation

Paper Cutout

• Be creative with your family and friends this holiday season

• Create a scene inspired by CoE, perhaps a major event like Longest Night

• Showcase something you enjoy about the holiday season & add some CoE flavor to it

Contest Prize Winner Selection: The winner shall be determined by the contest host, Kidakimbo, based on originality, video quality, and storytelling. Good luck!

Participation Prize Winner Selection: All qualified entries will be placed in a random drawing. For every 10th entrant (20, 30, etc…), another random drawing of all entries will occur. A previous winner may win again. A maximum of 10 prizes will be given if entries should exceed 100.

Whether you embed the video or link to it does not matter. Just be sure it works!

12/22/2019 11:46:03 PM #1

Reserved.

12/23/2019 12:19:03 AM #2

Super interesting contest!

If I had any talent in this field, or even software to pretend I did Id participate. As it is, Im looking forward to seeing some entries.

:)

12/27/2019 7:49:24 AM #3

One week left to enter!

12/31/2019 7:33:04 PM #4

A few days left to enter the contest!

1/3/2020 2:01:04 AM #5

One day left. Crunch time can spur creativity. Will it be you?

1/3/2020 8:22:44 AM #6

This is a pretty niche form of video. Was there no entry?

1/5/2020 5:55:39 AM #7

No entries. No winners.

Thanks to those that checked it out and thought about what they might do with it.

I'm sure you had the best idea of them all.

1/5/2020 6:21:06 AM #8

Posted By Deftly at 09:22 AM - Fri Jan 03 2020

This is a pretty niche form of video. Was there no entry?

niche, time-consuming, over the holidays - not the best combination. Kinda liked the contest-idea even though it isn´t really my thing to make videos