COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Low poly version.

Hello, since I found on youtube the low poly version of your game I m in love.

I hope we will be able to choose at the release between low poly and normal.

because the low poly have something its have a soul ! the hig rez version well is so basic its like we already saw a million time every asset.

Please my dear dev if we can keep the low poly version I will became a backer :D no doubts !

11/6/2019 4:14:40 AM #1

You will not be able to choose low poly or normal. There is only one setting for the game and it will have different graphic levels but it will remain high poly.

11/6/2019 4:37:21 AM #2

this is a vey bad news... high poly is so random :/

11/6/2019 5:27:49 AM #3

How is that random? That is how most MMOs are

11/6/2019 12:44:17 PM #4

Basic,generic if you like

11/6/2019 3:48:17 PM #5

If you're going to think that way, then the low-poly version looks just like Runescape. I actually thought during the most recent shiny videos that the game looked like a new implementation of Runescape.

Saying that a style of art they are creating themselves is too "generic" or matches with things that already exist, just because it has detail, is pretty baffling.

Death is just another path, one we all must take

Friend Code: C8DF9C

11/6/2019 4:39:12 PM #6

The game could work low poly but it would take away from the spirit of the game. The high poly is way more immersive, especially, when to comes to movements and subtle details. Low poly games also have trouble setting a good atmosphere. Imagine playing a low poly horror game, it would be silly. CoE wants us to be diving in dungeons, they want tension, and they want players to be able to identify danger. I doubt low poly could really pull that off.

11/6/2019 4:45:55 PM #7

I enjoy low poly as much as the next person but it doesn't beat out what this game is meant to look like, the higher level graphics/art is far superior and definitely needed in a game like this.

11/7/2019 4:30:24 PM #8

Posted By Deftly at 11/6/2019 4:39:12 PM

The game could work low poly but it would take away from the spirit of the game. The high poly is way more immersive, especially, when to comes to movements and subtle details. Low poly games also have trouble setting a good atmosphere. Imagine playing a low poly horror game, it would be silly. CoE wants us to be diving in dungeons, they want tension, and they want players to be able to identify danger. I doubt low poly could really pull that off.

I dunno, there are some GREAT low poly horror games.

Count of Raberre's Rest

11/7/2019 9:06:29 PM #9

First we need to have a game at all! :) Then we can start to worry about low-poly or high poly... ;)

Life is too short to play bad games.