COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Missed domain selection somehow

So I logged on when it said that Countesses would be able to select their territory, but when I tried, it wouldn't let me select anything. I was told that, no, my time hadn't yet come up, and to wait.

Now, it's apparently too late. So what happens if you missed your chance to select a region?

10/26/2019 11:30:11 PM #1

Now you just select from what is remaining. This question didn't really need to be asked in early access either, dss is open to everyone with a title regardless of Alpha 1 access.

Just make sure you have your server selected, and go check out the map for said server and find yourself a nice county. Plenty of them remaining still :D

10/27/2019 8:38:34 AM #2

Go on the Domain open your server map and select even now

10/27/2019 11:19:48 AM #3

And dont forget to reach out to the player community in that area of the map you select, on discord or here on the forums. Some communities call players who claim in their area without connecting to them as "randoms" and may react negatively to that.

10/30/2019 10:16:35 PM #4

@Captrench is being a random really a thing? Game hasnt even gone into alpha yet and community members are already being toxic over territory?

10/31/2019 2:48:30 AM #5

Posted By Nkrumah at 10:16 PM - Wed Oct 30 2019

@Captrench is being a random really a thing? Game hasnt even gone into alpha yet and community members are already being toxic over territory?

Yes, it really is.

Without actual gameplay to focus on, some are focussing on what they do have, which is territory and community. For some it might be over zealousness, a form of virtue signalling to their community ("look how much i want to guard our land and group"). For others it might simply be over-analysed over-think, not really intended to be deliberately hostile as such, but a convenient "problem" to "solve" and draw up plans against as a way to burn some chat time and have something to chinwag about on Discord. And for some it might be a genuine worry or disappointing loss to have someone claim in the middle of territory already planned for others. And there might be other reasons, some sincere, some disingenuous.

In all cases though, the common denominator that most justifies the hostility is a lack of communication from the unknown claimant towards the surrounding community of that land. In fact, it doesn't seem so much that someone claimed land before reaching out that seems the main problem, but rather that no communication was made even after the claim. I've seen a few instances were once someone introduced themselves after claiming, bygones were bygones and everyone moves on.

It seems the old adage "better to ask for forgiveness, than ask for permission" seems to be at work.