COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
Joining a Family

Hello, I am new to this but I'm slowly learning. So say your lucky enough to join a noble house, do you need a pledge for this to be possible, and if so which one is required?

10/26/2019 9:20:16 PM #1

There are no pledges for nobles at the moment, but soon you get a chance to buy your spot in the game. Expect it to be between $700 and $1000, depending on which pledge level you start.

There will be some kind of auction for the remaining spots, and there are hundreds, in the game. Just watch the CoE news every day :)

10/26/2019 9:26:38 PM #2

You need a pledge to be a titled noble from the getgo, but the only thing stopping you from joining a noble house is that you need to convince a noble to let you into their family.

10/26/2019 9:45:19 PM #3

Posted By Scheneighnay at 11:26 PM - Sat Oct 26 2019

You need a pledge to be a titled noble from the getgo, but the only thing stopping you from joining a noble house is that you need to convince a noble to let you into their family.

The last thing a noble wants is a heir that is not him. But there are certainly Dukes who are willing to help to become a Count in his Duchy.

But I don't think anybody will let you in on their family. There are to many dangers in that.

10/26/2019 10:34:52 PM #4

Thanks Illyria I likely will not be able to get a pledge, but it was still nice to get the information :)

10/26/2019 10:51:21 PM #5

I've personally let a select few people into my family that I only know from online. We've gotten to know each other and play well together. You should find something similar and it may work out for you.

Zaldara Blackstan, Count of Stíelanheorte Mayor of Blaecstanbury

10/26/2019 11:37:12 PM #6

Posted By Ilyria at 11:45 PM - Sat Oct 26 2019

But I don't think anybody will let you in on their family. There are to many dangers in that.

There are also benefits to developing a larger dynasty, but of course, it will require one to find trustworthy people. Still, lots of nobles already having taken consorts and 'kids' for their family among people they just got to know through CoE. So it's not impossible if you get on discord and get close to the right people.

Outside of the meta it'll probably be difficult to get to join a noble house early on though, but someone that would work towards proving themselves a valuable asset to the family within the game could certainly be attractive to include in said family too. I'll probably have quite a few spare kids outside my personal heir after all, would be a shame to let them go to waste rather than say, marrying them off to promising assets to the family.

10/27/2019 12:17:52 AM #7

I personally plan on finding a player to take the role of my countess since my RL wife won't be playing. So indeed, it's very possible to join a Royal family. You just need to put in a bit of leg work.

Zaldara Blackstan, Count of Stíelanheorte Mayor of Blaecstanbury

10/27/2019 2:40:18 AM #8

Posted By ShadowTani at 7:37 PM - Sat Oct 26 2019

Posted By Ilyria at 11:45 PM - Sat Oct 26 2019

There are also benefits to developing a larger dynasty, but of course, it will require one to find trustworthy people. Still, lots of nobles already having taken consorts and 'kids' for their family among people they just got to know through CoE. So it's not impossible if you get on discord and get close to the right people.

Outside of the meta it'll probably be difficult to get to join a noble house early on though, but someone that would work towards proving themselves a valuable asset to the family within the game could certainly be attractive to include in said family too. I'll probably have quite a few spare kids outside my personal heir after all, would be a shame to let them go to waste rather than say, marrying them off to promising assets to the family.

I'll most likely have to work my way up the old fashion way, luckily there is in game possibilities from what I have read.

10/27/2019 1:20:31 PM #9

If you look for people to join with now I think you can easily. I think a lot of people got the role of count to gain resources rather than to run a county. I'm sure there's going to be a lot of people looking for someone to help them run the county. If you are willing to do that, I'm sure you can find a family.

10/27/2019 2:04:54 PM #10

Posted By Deftly at 09:20 AM - Sun Oct 27 2019

If you look for people to join with now I think you can easily. I think a lot of people got the role of count to gain resources rather than to run a county. I'm sure there's going to be a lot of people looking for someone to help them run the county. If you are willing to do that, I'm sure you can find a family.

Seem's to be 50/50 more or less, You have those who see the perks of recruiting family, and those who see the threat of it. Atleast from what I'm seeing and hearing... Even just being involved is incentive enough for me, but I can't expect everyone to be so forthcoming and invite me in hands down, I'd be cautious too if I was a duke or count.

10/27/2019 2:15:32 PM #11

Posted By American Duchess at 07:04 AM - Sun Oct 27 2019

Seem's to be 50/50 more or less, You have those who see the perks of recruiting family, and those who see the threat of it. Atleast from what I'm seeing and hearing... Even just being involved is incentive enough for me, but I can't expect everyone to be so forthcoming and invite me in hands down, I'd be cautious too if I was a duke or count.

Bah, don't let the paranoid people get you down.

If you want to be a family member of someone with a title then advertise yourself as such while you get to know various communities in CoE.

There are so many duchies and counties and kingdoms it's crazy, and you are bound to get along with one of them. Once you find one that you like then be active in that community and build up trust with the title holders.

There is still enough time before launch that if you are earnest and active then you can get people to understand your good intentions.

10/27/2019 4:58:10 PM #12

I think one of the best ways for you to get into a noble family while in the game will be via the marriage mechanic. Thats the best of both worlds. You can have your own family that focuses on something and brings that to the table while at the same time then getting access to the noble family that you marry into.

10/27/2019 5:44:41 PM #13

Labbe is opening his family for you. I think the problem is solved :)

Everybody else is just paranoid.

10/30/2019 11:45:29 PM #14

There might be some available NPCs in NPC titled families to spark into when the time for sparking comes. I'm not aware that SBS has ruled out the possibility. I'm also sure that the capability to do so would likely lead to immense chaos. Such non-traditional PCs would likely not be able to inherit a title automatically, and might have competition from other player characters in the same family with similar intentions on a title.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that nobody's out to get you. In some situations, only the paranoid survive.

12/8/2019 6:59:22 PM #15

I am new to the CoE community and have been reading through the forums. Has there been any mechanic discussed or implemented to disown a family member or make them into a form of bastard without any form of inheritance. For instance you bring someone into your family and later realize that was a big mistake.