COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
How is DSS going?

I am a count and still waiting for the approval of my name, after 2 names have been declined.

Anybody else here still waiting for an approval, or am I just forgotten?

10/23/2019 12:51:03 PM #1

Some name stuff from Serp on Discord.

10/22 6:41pm

Right now we're going through about 200 each day we have a review (which is not 7 days a week), but then there is also some time needed for some of those to be vetted by the council, then we (I) push the buttons. Since we moved to the efficient process we implemented early last week, we've been able to review 1509 names. So progress is definitely being made and much faster than before overall, albeit not specifically on an hourly basis. Hope that helps.

10/21 2:43 pm. With regard to where in the name submissions they got through at that time.

9/17 18:35 is the last one reviewed today.

Add to all that the fact they are doing them in order of submission and not by title and you should expect for a bit of a wait for a resubmission. Anyone that submitted prior to you naturally comes first, and any resubmissions or placements after the time you submitted your new name will come after.

Tldr: you havent been forgotten. :)

10/23/2019 12:58:06 PM #2

Yes waiting for names as well. We must be patient. We wouldn't want someones capital to be called Mega Maid from Space Balls do we....."the whole town went from suck to blow", lol

10/23/2019 2:22:37 PM #3

Having SoE soon and Prelyria > Names. We will get them. Don't make redundant stress pls.

I would prefer to have SoE and PreLyria early than names asap. We will get them eventually. The fact that some names still pending does not any harm, except bringing up people's lack of patience.

DSS should flow into SoE. And that relates to OP thread topic.

10/23/2019 2:31:25 PM #4

Posted By Stitcher at 2:58 PM - Wed Oct 23 2019

Mega Maid from Space Balls do we....."the whole town went from suck to blow", lol

I did my best to make it a normal fantasy name. My problem is that that county name is tied to my surname, which cost me 10 bucks to change. Your example is kinda extreme. Anybody doing that deserves to stay on the list until launch and than have it declined. But what if it's a name you mistakenly didn't google up the first time, and turn out to be a tiny backwater village in Australia with only 1 character difference?

Maybe they are a bit to strict with the naming process.

10/23/2019 10:10:27 PM #5

Posted By Ilyria at 10:31 AM - Wed Oct 23 2019

Posted By Stitcher at 2:58 PM - Wed Oct 23 2019

Mega Maid from Space Balls do we....."the whole town went from suck to blow", lol

I did my best to make it a normal fantasy name. My problem is that that county name is tied to my surname, which cost me 10 bucks to change. Your example is kinda extreme. Anybody doing that deserves to stay on the list until launch and than have it declined. But what if it's a name you mistakenly didn't google up the first time, and turn out to be a tiny backwater village in Australia with only 1 character difference?

Maybe they are a bit to strict with the naming process.

Hmm, forum name one character different from game world name, Balmore visually reads at a glance as Baltimore....

Did I read that right, the "Dalmatian" Empire? 😉

Hope the ones you submitted don't suffer from similar likeness.

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT