COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN MEDIA
[Show Us Your Domain] The Founding of Zylphania

The defining moment in our history was the founding of Zylphania, when Zylpha Bomb-Maker slew the vicious daemonic beast known as the Umberhawk, thereby uniting the Neran and Waerd in the Land of False Dusk. Depicted below is an artists rendering of that fateful battle. Historians question whether the monster truly existed, or if it was a symbol of the power struggle between the two tribes for control of the land. (Read a bit more lore about the beast here)

The Death of the Umberhawk & The Founding of Zylphania

[Art Submission]

10/14/2019 8:53:08 PM #1

Nice Job Bomb.

I'm still rooting for the Bird though.

10/15/2019 1:09:40 AM #2

Not sure how I should feel about you wishing my ancestors had died in the beak of a giant bird.

10/15/2019 1:32:34 AM #3

Hopefully it's not a Umberhawk Phoenix

Cheers!

Imgur

10/15/2019 6:39:23 PM #4

Bomb, ignore the little Irish man. I think he might be drunk. I'll drag him back to his County and toss him in a water trough.

10/15/2019 6:46:58 PM #5

I like the artwork, but I miss the domain...

10/15/2019 7:28:55 PM #6

Posted By Xarkfleur at 6:32 PM - Mon Oct 14 2019

Hopefully it's not a Umberhawk Phoenix

Cheers!

Actually, I've been toying with the Umberhawk as a shadowy mythic foil to a similar bird who shares a relationship with light--essentially a proto-phoenix--called the Ocherhawk. The story goes, the two were born when the Two-Fold Queen divided light from darkness. When they were in balance, all was well. One day, a hunter slew the Ocherhawk, and from each feather that fell in that battle there grew a phoenix. The Umberhawk was enraged by the loss of its pair, and at night stalked and slew the Children of Mann relentlessly (though it would spare you if you were the companion of a phoenix). For ages, the dark bird ravaged the area where its pair was killed, and this land came to be known as False Dusk, for even Angelica was fearful to look upon the land. Eventually, Zylpha ended the centuries of imbalance as a divine act of the Two-Fold Queen's will.