COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
4 World Servers, 195 countries....

CoE is an amazing idea. One that I eagerly look forward to as development continues. One question I have however is about the game's servers? How will one server be able to support so many players at once? As well as the lag for those farther away?

Not all who wander are truly lost. They are simply unafraid of drifting; of peacefully experiencing the unknown. So crave change, deviate from the path, and venture beyond horizons. Never be afraid to get lost.

10/6/2019 4:07:23 PM #1

Short answer, cause I don't remember off hand where the source is, when you scale out linearly you can do so without much issue. So the size of CoE overall won't make running things tough because they can simply spread the load out over their servers.

A bigger issue is when you get many players all in the same spot all at once, but they have talked about how they are going to make that work too I just forget off the top of my head:P

10/6/2019 5:51:00 PM #2

Posted By Labbe at 12:07 PM - Sun Oct 06 2019

Short answer, cause I don't remember off hand where the source is, when you scale out linearly you can do so without much issue. So the size of CoE overall won't make running things tough because they can simply spread the load out over their servers.

A bigger issue is when you get many players all in the same spot all at once, but they have talked about how they are going to make that work too I just forget off the top of my head:P

Elven magic I'm thinking.

😁

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

10/6/2019 9:31:43 PM #3

Posted By Labbe at 11:07 AM - Sun Oct 06 2019

It triggers another plague, people die, problem solved?

10/7/2019 12:06:42 AM #4

The power of the cloud, elastic resources, distributed computing. All those buzzwords.

I will be playing on Selene (EU) Server
10/7/2019 12:51:24 AM #5

Posted By Kyleran at 10:51 AM - Sun Oct 06 2019

Posted By Labbe at 12:07 PM - Sun Oct 06 2019

Elven magic I'm thinking.

😁

Thank you for making me laugh

10/7/2019 6:03:59 AM #6

The same way how other companies do it, place your servers at strategic locations. For example in the EU: Netherlands, Germany or France.

Almost no company has servers in every country, that would cause unpayable bills.

10/11/2019 2:08:47 PM #7

Posted By Bronwyn at

CoE is an amazing idea. One that I eagerly look forward to as development continues. One question I have however is about the game's servers? How will one server be able to support so many players at once? As well as the lag for those farther away?

As for supporting that many people... I assume it will be like every other major mmo and there will be "server lines". When you cross the invisible line you are actually crossing to a separate server. It reduces the strain of having everyone on a single server.