COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Security, Belongings, and Keeping the thieves out

In COE, anyone can make a job out of anything. Surely there will be players who decide to dedicate their time to becoming a professional thief.

Nobles can afford to build dungeons and guards to protect their most precious of valuables. But what of us simple folk?

For us small time traders, and adventuring citizens, how would we secure our most important possessions?

Maybe a town vault?

Not all who wander are truly lost. They are simply unafraid of drifting; of peacefully experiencing the unknown. So crave change, deviate from the path, and venture beyond horizons. Never be afraid to get lost.

10/6/2019 3:16:12 PM #1

As a Countess, I think we nobles would be doing a poor job of meeting our responsibilities if our people are subjected to thievery.

I know my views aren't always popular, bit I think protecting the people I'm responsible for is more important than protecting myself. The world can go on without me, but it'd be a terrible world if the majority of folk suffer.

10/6/2019 4:11:45 PM #2

SBS really does need to release more on security. There will be a lot more deviants in Elyria then exist in the real world. I see the lockbox for the raider, but nothing else?

NA-E Luna Locked --------------------------------------------------

10/6/2019 9:27:26 PM #3

You'll have to secure them the old fashioned way: with locked chests, traps and an angry wife. :)

But your best defense, I think, is that you don't have much to begin with. Unless you have something of real value, like gold or an artifact, you're more likely to be the target of a griefer than a thief.

10/7/2019 12:30:12 AM #4

You could also, theoretically, create little hidey-holes in various areas of your house that would take any thief too long to find before being discovered, hopefully.

Things like hidden drawers in the back of pedestals, hidden compartments under rugs covered by furniture, false backs in closets, etc. A clever architect or furniture designer could make any home, regardless of who's living there, a real headache for thieves, though obviously at greater expense.

Expecting to set up as a mayor in one of the three "two town" counties in Bridgespider (Angelica server, Kingdom of Tyria). I'm hoping to end up with a city by the end of exposition for lawmaking ability, assuming I can keep the city sustainable. You will know it's me by the city name Raven's Roost

Friend code: 23F484.

10/7/2019 12:34:27 AM #5

Posted By Bronwyn at

In COE, anyone can make a job out of anything. Surely there will be players who decide to dedicate their time to becoming a professional thief.

Nobles can afford to build dungeons and guards to protect their most precious of valuables. But what of us simple folk?

For us small time traders, and adventuring citizens, how would we secure our most important possessions?

Maybe a town vault?

Small timers will group together to hire mercs and guards just like back in the day as well as good counts and mayors to protect you

My dream is to make my settlement long outlive me Why not join me in being part of it? Send me a message

9B7323 friend code

10/7/2019 12:54:39 AM #6

I think anyone can make a basement. When you own a parcel, you do own a bit under and below it. You don't need a dungeon, you just need to have secret passage and locked chest. I guess, a count could make a bank with a safety deposit boxes, but that could attract more criminals trying to break in. I won't be a criminal but breaking into a bank sounds fun.

10/7/2019 1:02:11 AM #7

There will be patrolling guards, you can lock your valuables up and hide them, Hire a personal guard. Get some mean pets.