COMMUNITY - FORUMS - ANGELICA GENERAL
Explorers WANTED

Good tidings Elyrian! I am in search of random, unaffiliated people to go on expeditions with. There is power in numbers so I wanted to get a group together on ANGELICA to go and find treasure, fight baddies, and earn fame! This is an informal request so I won't be upset if you decide to go another direction by time the game is released.

That being said: I'd like to start a discussion on different strategies for exploring. I'll start.

Has anyone heard about how kingdoms will secure borders? If we are exploring and venture into another kingdom's territory, will we need a visa (lol)? If we find something in their lands, will they demand it to be turned over?

Coriolanus Drusus

10/2/2019 5:41:27 PM #1

I plan on adventuring as well. I am about 80% sure it will be on Angelica. On a Kingdom level they probably won't micro manage travelers. However at the Duchy level they probably won't someone else pilfering there treasure. On a County level they will want to be aware of any travelers passing through. They also aren't likely going to be happy with anyone relieving them of valuable items. Folks are pretty possessive.

Divide et Impera

10/3/2019 1:47:13 AM #2

That's a great point: folks are pretty possessive! But yeah, what you said before that makes perfect sense. Dealing with mayors and other local officials (shire reeves?) will make exploring a pain and, god forbid, a bureaucratic nightmare. Regardless, the challenge of exploring, like prepping enough food and fighting off rogues, sounds like a lot of fun. I am going to live in a duchy that plans on funding exploration; I also have a unaffiliated guild/association dedicated to exploring and research (and looting, woo!). Are you planning on trekking alone?

Coriolanus Drusus

10/3/2019 1:51:48 AM #3

Yes mostly. But I am sure I will meet other travelers on my journey when our paths are destined to cross. If an opportunity presents itself for us to work together than I would not pass that up. I plan to travel to learn all styles related to dual wield. Living out in the wilds and only venturing into town to train or resupply.

Divide et Impera

10/3/2019 2:43:02 AM #4

Hello traveler. It would be an honor to have a fellow explorer by my side, slaying monsters and plundering the depths of cursed tombs. Count me in.

10/8/2019 7:44:47 PM #5

I intend on exploring as well, in my spare time. Have you considered setting up a Discord channel for Angelica Explorers?

10/8/2019 7:58:33 PM #6

I would love to go adventuring. However I do not know if that will be possible as I am a Count. Wonder if I could do adventuring things while doing Count things as well.

10/8/2019 8:10:12 PM #7

Sure you can. It's just a balancing act. Might help to have a trusted friend at home to help run the county. Like a spouce.

10/8/2019 8:28:03 PM #8

You can divide your time as many ways as you want, but it'll come at the cost of being less good at the individual things that you do. As a noble, you'll also have a much higher spirit cost if you die, which I think is a substantial disincentive to adventuring. And I don't think there's any profession that carries a higher risk of dying than adventuring because you are chasing after the unknown. Not the best way to live a long life.

10/8/2019 8:29:27 PM #9

I have a fleet of cutters and am planning to have an organization to support exploration operating from my county and port. So, any unaffiliated folks wanting a jumping off place with a support network, drop me a line.

Count of Frostale, in the Duchy of Fioralba, in the Kingdom of Ashland, by the Grace of Haven. The above opinions are mine alone and do not reflect those of my Kingdom or Duchy.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/17117/naw-the-duchy-of-fioralba https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/14124/naw-kingdom-of-ashland https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/30605/of-contracts-and-commerce-a-tldnr-post https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/31835/on-taxes-rents-and-ancestral-lands