COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TECHNICAL SUPPORT
How can I change my settlement name?

According to the blog post;

Posted By Vye here

Finally, if you have not submitted a name by the time Exposition begins, the temporary name will become the final name. Unnamed domains cannot remain unnamed in Exposition.

Is the reason I cannot change my settlements name just that the DSS site is in read-only mode? Will I be able to select a custom name during Settlers or will it be after that?

Thanks for your time.

I will be playing on Selene (EU) Server
10/1/2019 11:06:04 AM #1

I assume you intend to get a settlement in the DA? If so you wont be able to rename the settlement at this moment only after it has been picked.

10/1/2019 11:28:04 AM #2

No, I've already got a settlement. Wasn't sure what to call it and since I picked right at the end I just went with the default.

But the words from Vye above lead me to believe I will still get a chance to pick a custom one

10/1/2019 11:33:24 AM #3

Posted By FoolUnknowing at 04:28 AM - Tue Oct 01 2019

No, I've already got a settlement. Wasn't sure what to call it and since I picked right at the end I just went with the default.

But the words from Vye above lead me to believe I will still get a chance to pick a custom one

That is not the case. I dont have the source handy atm to link you too, but essentially if you dont pick Any surname then it submits the default one which is automatically accepted by the system.

In other words, its too late if you selected and didnt submit one at time of selection, and unfortunately you will have to purchase a settlement name change from the store to submit a different one.

10/1/2019 11:38:44 AM #4

So how do Vye's words, taken from the actual Domain & Settlement Selection Details post which I linked to, stack up?

It was based on this that I thought I did not need to pick straight away.

10/1/2019 11:41:21 AM #5

This is not something I can answer, and I understand your frustration.

Im just clarifying where you are at, not trying to justify it one way or the other.

10/10/2019 12:41:00 PM #6

So I don't know if the DSS site is open or is read-only currently. Either way I'm still unable to change my settlement name or know for sure where I stand. Anyone?

10/10/2019 1:01:50 PM #7

Posted By FoolUnknowing at 07:41 AM - Thu Oct 10 2019

So I don't know if the DSS site is open or is read-only currently. Either way I'm still unable to change my settlement name or know for sure where I stand. Anyone?

The DSS portal is currently open right now in the general picking phase, if what you mentioned above on your settlement name going to the default name during the selection process then a Settlement Name Change item will be necessary as Labbe stated. It is located in the "Misc" tab of the Merchandise page within the store.

10/11/2019 9:40:39 PM #8

Posted By Vye here

Finally, if you have not submitted a name by the time Exposition begins, the temporary name will become the final name. Unnamed domains cannot remain unnamed in Exposition.

I don’t see why I would need to purchase a name change. I mean it says right there in the Domain & Settlement Selection Details post that if I haven’t picked a name before Exposition the temp name will become the final name.

Well I don’t want the temp name to become the final name. I want to pick a custom name for the settlement. Naming it is part of the Mayor package in my inventory.

10/11/2019 10:23:32 PM #9

Posted By FoolUnknowing at 07:38 AM - Tue Oct 01 2019

So how do Vye's words, taken from the actual Domain & Settlement Selection Details post which I linked to, stack up?

It was based on this that I thought I did not need to pick straight away.

Probably meaning if you submitted a name and it was rejected, if you don't submit a new name choice then it'll go back to the default.

Posted By FoolUnknowing at 5:40 PM - Fri Oct 11 2019

Posted By Vye here

I don’t see why I would need to purchase a name change. I mean it says right there in the Domain & Settlement Selection Details post that if I haven’t picked a name before Exposition the temp name will become the final name.

Well I don’t want the temp name to become the final name. I want to pick a custom name for the settlement. Naming it is part of the Mayor package in my inventory.

You DID pick a name though, you picked the default name.

10/12/2019 12:12:26 AM #10

Your wallet is magically going to appear and poof new name!

10/13/2019 11:21:46 AM #11

Posted By Tilarium at 11:23 PM - Fri Oct 11 2019

Probably meaning if you submitted a name and it was rejected, if you don't submit a new name choice then it'll go back to the default.

Ah, that is probably what she meant. I’d still like to know for sure that is where I stand.

The way I read it was that I have till Exposition to pick my custom name, if I haven’t done already, which I haven’t.Yeah I can see that can still be said to be true...provided I purchase a name change.

Posted By Vye here

But if we want to talk semantics; there is no way the above statement can be true. It would be impossible not to have submitted a name before Exposition begins. If, as has been said, my submission is the original name. This is how I got so confused.

10/13/2019 6:37:22 PM #12

But you have submitted a name, that’s the thing you’re not understanding. When you claimed your settlement you had the chance to submit with a name of your choosing or submit with the default name. You submitted with the default name. You had the chance already to change it. The system told you you had the chance to change it. You chose not to change it.

10/13/2019 7:00:36 PM #13

The domain and settlement selection process is as follows.

Step 1: Select your domain/settlement.

Step 2: Confirm your selection.

Step 3: Apply any additional titles you may have.

Step 4: place a name in the appropriate provided box for the name of your settlement/domain.

Step 4 is you saying you want it a specific name. It auto fills it with the default name. If you want it a different name. Then you remove the default pasted and insert a different name.

Instead you allowed to keep the default name and chose to submit that as your chosen name. So that is the currently approved name for your domain/settlement.

If you wish to rename it you will have to purchase a domain/settlement name change from the store. If you hav any additional questions that haven’t been answered on this post then I suggest emailing [email protected]

(I may have missed steps or put it in a weird order, I just wanted to give a visual)

10/13/2019 9:17:58 PM #14

Posted By Tilarium at 7:37 PM - Sun Oct 13 2019

But you have submitted a name, that’s the thing you’re not understanding. When you claimed your settlement you had the chance to submit with a name of your choosing or submit with the default name. You submitted with the default name. You had the chance already to change it. The system told you you had the chance to change it. You chose not to change it.

No I do get that but can nobody see how the statement I’ve quoted three times now reads?

It is not clear and semantically does not make sense in the context of the DSS app.

I agree that I have submitted a name. So in what situation could somebody not submit a name before Exposition? You can’t, and I know that now but only after going through the process.

I read the DSS Details post and so in the back of my mind I had the inclination that I’d get the chance to change it.

I think the threads run long enough now and I’ll take Violets advice and go down the support email route.

Thank you to all who took the time to reply, even if I don’t agree 100%.

Please lock this.