COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Marriage & Names

Okay so not "new" but new too the forums. I am sorry if this has been discussed/answered if so please let me know and give me a link to the original post.

I am wondering how family names work with marriage. Do you have too take the other parties family name? Or can you each keep them and then when you contract kids you pick which name the kid will get?

My concern is, my hubby and I both bought the game and we both bought packages (2 different levels) that allow us to pick our "family name" that gets passed down. Are we going to have to not marry in game to keep our names?

10/1/2019 5:10:55 AM #1

If you want to keep both family names you won't marry however When you do a Marriage Contract in-game you will be able to take his family name or vice versa. It will be a shared Family name after a marriage.

Divorce will be a mechanic for two individuals wishing to end their marriage. However, the breaking of a contracts has consequences and if both parties of the marriage contract do not agree to separate then the individual who breaks the contract may incur consequences.

When you create a child you're given three options of what to do with the new NPC. The options are:

Close it off, only you can possess its body at a later date.

Open it up to the public, After the child reaches age 15 other players will be able to find your child in the Family Selection Screen.

Share your Child Code, If you share your child’s code with a friend, then after the child reaches age 15 they’ll be able to join your family as your child.

You may also find additional Family Information here: Family

Taalgrimm County - County of the FireWolves In The Hrothi Mines Arming Armies Since The Beginning Of Time.

10/1/2019 5:34:59 AM #2

Well that sucks. But I did suspect that would be the answer.

Thanks for the info!