COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Proprietor question

I read that buying the "Proprietor" package makes you a land owner. What type of land/area are we talking about? In short what can I own?

9/29/2019 4:21:54 PM #1

FociiToday at 11:19 AM @JCPRO (Sim-E) As a proprietor you can either lease space/building in a settlement or purchase your own land outside of a settlement during Expo using EP. Technically you could purchase a plot in a settlement but those will likely not be sold due to leaders wanting to maintain voting right.

thank you Focii via discord

9/29/2019 5:27:27 PM #2

I don't know when this started being a thing, but I love the new trend of people posting the replies they get to their questions when it is answered on a different platform.

+1

9/29/2019 6:11:51 PM #3

well think about it, people might have the same question and this might help someone else find their answer.

but haters will hate

9/29/2019 6:24:24 PM #4

Posted By Sim-E at 11:11 AM - Sun Sep 29 2019

well think about it, people might have the same question and this might help someone else find their answer.

but haters will hate

Heh, in case you read sarcasm where I intended none I'll clarify. I honestly like the new trend. I've seen it on at least 3 threads lately, and like you said if someone else has the same question it will help them out.

Honest, heartfelt, praise <3

9/29/2019 6:31:48 PM #5

Yeah, Labbe is one of the good ones, no trolling from him.

9/29/2019 6:36:22 PM #6

Posted By Sim-E at 6:21 PM - Sun Sep 29 2019

FociiToday at 11:19 AM @JCPRO (Sim-E) As a proprietor you can either lease space/building in a settlement or purchase your own land outside of a settlement during Expo using EP. Technically you could purchase a plot in a settlement but those will likely not be sold due to leaders wanting to maintain voting right.

thank you Focii via discord

You are partly right, but nobody can stop others from purchasing land that is meant for sale. When the price is right, buy it and it's yours. And when you sell it, and the price is good, it will be sold.

If a certain leader doesn't want you to own land, the only thing he can do is buy it before you can.

9/29/2019 7:13:50 PM #7

Posted By Ilyria at 11:36 AM - Sun Sep 29 2019

You are partly right, but nobody can stop others from purchasing land that is meant for sale. When the price is right, buy it and it's yours. And when you sell it, and the price is good, it will be sold.

If a certain leader doesn't want you to own land, the only thing he can do is buy it before you can.

can I get a source on that Info? I thought mayors had all rights to not sell land

because:

"...can go in, insert blank deeds obtained from a scribe, and then drag/drop them onto the parcels of land on the table and fill in the values.

Anyone can come look at the table, see the unclaimed parcels of land with the "deeds" pinned to them, sign their name, put any required money "into the table", and take the deeds. Poof! They've purchased the land.

Once you've purchased a plot of land, you own it and can legally build on it. And before anyone asks, yes you can re-sell your recently purchased land. You can even build a Land Management Table of your own that shows all the land you own and put it up for sale "

from https://chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/Land_Management

That link sounds like you have every right as a settlement chief executive to just not put up any deed for sale

Mayor of Gartalia, A short distance south of the Holy Capital of Victrovia, Melonia - Friend Code: 464345

9/29/2019 8:24:12 PM #8

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/blog/6549/DJ-18-Kingdom--Land-Management

The count has a land management table, where you can buy the deeds of lands that are for sale. I don't think the buying and selling of land is the mayor's job.

I am not good with words, but if you go to the County office, it says what lands are for sale. When you see what is for sale, nobody can stop you to buy it.

When there is nothing for sale in a certain settlement/town or whatever, you can't buy land. I hear you can still squat, but I wouldn't do that if I was you.

9/29/2019 8:24:29 PM #9

oh ok sorry my friend

9/29/2019 8:46:27 PM #10

Posted By Ilyria at 8:36 PM - Sun Sep 29 2019

Ah, no. A settlement leader doesn't need to rush to buy any settlement parcels. Parcels incorporated into a settlement is already owned land and thus can't be sold by the count.

As for parcels surrounding the settlement, they won't automatically become part of the settlement when bought. Both the settlement council and the land owner must agree to have the parcels incorporated into the settlement first.

In other words, nobody can snipe a majority mayor for votes unless the mayor themselves allows it.

9/29/2019 9:53:46 PM #11

Posted By Ilyria at 7:36 PM - Sun Sep 29 2019

ShadowTani has talked about buying land in and around a settlement and not incorporating it, but also worth a mention is that afaia (someone please correct me if I’m wrong) a count cannot prevent you from buying land during (or prior to?) Expo, be it surrounding a settlement or a single parcel out in the wilds.

There may be some caveats to that, coveted parcels have been mentioned and I would expect further mechanics, possibly allowing the count to blacklist certain parcels prior to AL land picks. For example you wouldn’t want a random grabbing parcels surrounding a key bridge.

[EU] The Town of Farwatch Selene (Hrothi) - Demalion/Dae Erath/Ash County - Masonry, Scouting/Cartography Animal Husbandry, Agriculture Smithing, Tailoring. Light RP, Casual & PvP Welcome.

10/1/2019 6:57:06 PM #12

Hi everyone. Im trying myself to get a grasp on this but I think i understand now. So the reason why you would restrict deeds from selling is to prevent in such case as parcels surrounding a bridge from being sold. The reason being is that you wouldnt want that land restricting clear travel or such things. Am I right?

10/15/2019 10:37:23 PM #13

Hi everyone, I'm trying to understand all this as well. I recently bought a proprietor's pack, which has EP, and I found a post (which I can't find again at the moment) that had estimated costs during Exposition. It included an idea of pricing on a storefront pack, which indicated it came with the land and building to set up a shop. So my question on that is, would the land have to also have been put up for sale by the Count in the land tables, or where does it come from?

Next question, I've read in the DJ, although it was old, that if you just went ahead and built on a parcel that you didn't own, and manged to get through a month without anyone pushing you off, it became legally yours. Would this have to be land that was already put up for sale, or already owned by a PC/NPC, or could it be land that no one had even thought of selling yet?

I realize there may not be answers to these yet, or they may be just sort of working ideas, but I haven't been able to come across them anywhere else, so any suggestions or if someone can point me to the right place to search would be most appreciated!