COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Which race will be best for pvp?

None of the videos talk about which races have pvp stats

9/24/2019 2:00:58 AM #1

They all have different strengths and weaknesses. Only time will tell which is best, I'm betting Waerd.

Each is a different size as well: size determines what mounts they can use and how much material they need for the right size equipment. Plus who can and can't fit in tight spaces like tunnels.

Brudvir, Hrothi, and Janoa all have brute strength

Janoa, Kypiq, and Waerd are stealthy

Hrothi, To'resk, Kypiq, and Waerd have strong defensive tech/skillsets such as tunneling, trap-building, and communication quirks

Dras have massive resistance to poison and disease

Neran are the most versatile

9/24/2019 2:19:53 AM #2

Posted By Scheneighnay at 7:00 PM - Mon Sep 23 2019

They all have different strengths and weaknesses. Only time will tell which is best, I'm betting Waerd.

Each is a different size as well: size determines what mounts they can use and how much material they need for the right size equipment. Plus who can and can't fit in tight spaces like tunnels.

Hrothi, To'resk, Kypiq, and Waerd have strong defensive tech/skillsets such as tunneling, trap-building, and communication quirks

Are there any guilds on the west coast server?

9/24/2019 2:39:59 AM #3

Posted By Darkblade_Avenger at 7:19 PM - Mon Sep 23 2019

Yes

Expecting to set up as a mayor in one of the three "two town" counties in Bridgespider (Angelica server, Kingdom of Tyria). I'm hoping to end up with a city by the end of exposition for lawmaking ability, assuming I can keep the city sustainable. You will know it's me by the city name Raven's Roost

Friend code: 23F484.

9/24/2019 2:40:51 AM #4

There are guilds, yes. You can browse the guilds forum, but some or many are probably defunct as they were based on ideas going back years now.

Is there a particular guild you're looking for?

9/24/2019 3:09:33 AM #5

Posted By Darkblade_Avenger at

Going to venture and guess that the race of Mann will be best.

9/25/2019 6:02:48 AM #6

Posted By Darkblade_Avenger at 10:19 PM - Mon Sep 23 2019

Yes, but East coast is the best coast.

9/25/2019 6:34:44 AM #7

Honestly, you’re only getting about 5% of COE breadth if you stick to video format.

I’d check out all the dev journals, the wiki and forum posts like this one:

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/26614/compendium-of-releaseonly-tribes

[EU] The Town of Farwatch Selene (Hrothi) - Demalion/Dae Erath/Ash County - Masonry, Scouting/Cartography Animal Husbandry, Agriculture Smithing, Tailoring. Light RP, Casual & PvP Welcome.

9/25/2019 8:01:05 AM #8

Posted By Hieronymus at 7:40 PM - Mon Sep 23 2019

There are guilds, yes. You can browse the guilds forum, but some or many are probably defunct as they were based on ideas going back years now.

Is there a way I could play a shortbow weilding rouge? I like stealth and ranged weapons

9/25/2019 8:01:58 AM #9

Posted By ZeroCool at 11:34 PM - Tue Sep 24 2019

Honestly, you’re only getting about 5% of COE breadth if you stick to video format.

I’d check out all the dev journals, the wiki and forum posts like this one:

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/26614/compendium-of-releaseonly-tribes

How many dev journals are there? I don;t think I can read them all

9/25/2019 8:09:38 AM #10

Why does it say that the waerd can't fight in battles are they not able to pvp?

I thought the kipiq were supposed to be like hobbits or something or more like gnomes? I only want to play a rogue

IF the janoa are supposed to be camouflaged then do they have to be naked for it to work?

9/25/2019 8:32:15 AM #11

Posted By Darkblade_Avenger at 10:09 AM - Wed Sep 25 2019

Why does it say that the waerd can't fight in battles are they not able to pvp?

I thought the kipiq were supposed to be like hobbits or something or more like gnomes? I only want to play a rogue

IF the janoa are supposed to be camouflaged then do they have to be naked for it to work?

Kypiqs are small, child size. But the are also one of the most cunning, mischievous and nosy tribe. Their strengths are in stealth, being inventious and witty.

The Waerd do battle but no staged battles, so they are more suited, like the kypiqs, for querilla warfare. They also wont violate any of the cultural or religious edicts.

Posted By Darkblade_Avenger at 10:01 AM - Wed Sep 25 2019

Posted By Hieronymus at 7:40 PM - Mon Sep 23 2019

Is there a way I could play a shortbow weilding rouge? I like stealth and ranged weapons

Simply put yes. Nobody is stopping you from chasing a playstyle like this. But the biggest question is which ranged weapons will be available to us on launch

9/25/2019 8:48:41 AM #12

Posted By Darkblade_Avenger at 09:01 AM - Wed Sep 25 2019

How many dev journals are there? I don;t think I can read them all

Yeah it's a lot and not all the entries in the Dev Journal section are truly that. Some belong in 'News' imo.

Short answer is 1 v 1 the two best tribes the majority think are good for PvP are Brudvir and Janoa. So do you want to play up in the north or down south?

What tribes would you prefer to be close by either for trade or prey? Which out of Janoa or Brudvir appeals to you more? Janoa might be more suited to a rogue play style, but ultimately it's all up to you buddy.

[EU] The Town of Farwatch Selene (Hrothi) - Demalion/Dae Erath/Ash County - Masonry, Scouting/Cartography Animal Husbandry, Agriculture Smithing, Tailoring. Light RP, Casual & PvP Welcome.

9/25/2019 11:21:34 AM #13

Posted By Darkblade_Avenger at 10:19 PM - Mon Sep 23 2019

Be quick to insult anyone you see with the Lords of Death guild tag, will help ensure you live in interesting times.

😁

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

9/25/2019 11:43:01 AM #14

the chart on this wiki page under playstyle considerations should give you an idea of which tribe would be the best for for you, or at least give you some extra info to consider

Expecting to set up as a mayor in one of the three "two town" counties in Bridgespider (Angelica server, Kingdom of Tyria). I'm hoping to end up with a city by the end of exposition for lawmaking ability, assuming I can keep the city sustainable. You will know it's me by the city name Raven's Roost

Friend code: 23F484.

9/25/2019 1:27:45 PM #15

Also keep in mind that there are no classes. You play a rogue by doing roguish things.