COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TECHNICAL SUPPORT
can not claim a county

I am new to the community but i have invested some money and have 2 mayor package that i can not use. please allow me to be a mayor

Maximus Starrr

9/22/2019 2:10:42 PM #1

Here is my advice for troubleshooting while SbS hasn't looked at it yet:

1. You have to be logged in with your account on the tab you use for viewing the domains. The account name is displayed in the upper right corner of the screen.

2. Your account needs to have a mayor tier pledge or equivalent that has been claimed.

3. Your account needs to have been bound to the specific server you want to claim your settlement at before August 19 at 11:59 PDT. Remember again that the title also has to be claimed.
    If you have bound your account at a later time, you'll get to choose after Domain & Settlement Selection has concluded for everyone else.
    Here's a link guiding you through how to select a server and how to see if it has worked.

If all of these criteria have been met and there is an issue with the way the time for claiming is being displayed, (It should be shown at the lower right hand side corner and at the top left hand side corner of the screen at this URL) then consider the following steps:

A) Make sure to use a desktop computer as mobile isn't fully supported.

B) Log out completely. Then refresh the cache of your browser. Then log in again and see if that fixes it.

C) If none of the above and neither A nor B solves the issue, contact SbS support via email at:
[email protected]

As you can see the reason why you cannot claim a settlement right now is that you haven't selected a server before August 19 at 11:59 PDT, since your account has been created after August.

Hope this helps,
MoonChaser

9/22/2019 2:19:01 PM #2

I can tell just by looking at when this account was created that you did not have your account bound in time for you to claim a settlement during the mayor week, and would have to wait until when it opens up to All title holders to claim.

Follow the link Moonchaser provided for how to make sure you get your server selected.

As an additional note, just make sure that your mayor titles aren't bundled, so when you are able to claim a settlement there are no hiccups :D

This is what it looks like claimed.

This is what it looks liked bundled (you Don't want it bundled)

When dss opens up to everyone with titles to claim, you should be able to as well.

Edit: not sure if Moonchaser edited their reply after I started typing or if I missed it at first, but yeah.... feel like I didn't have to reply afterall xD