COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA GENERAL
The sustainably of settelments

I am just wondering if any one knows why the over all sustainability of the worlds dropped during dds.

9/20/2019 7:29:03 PM #1

I just checked all my guild's counties and they are the same for them. Maybe it's a bug?

9/20/2019 7:56:19 PM #2

So many captials have spawned everywhere I'm sure the total population in many entire duchies has crossed into unsustainable. A theory I have had about communities may just come to fruition.

Like 2 years ago when there was alot of drama about communities being formed too early and making things stale and certain because of the natural unity, I made some of posts about how I think SBS would find a way to stir conflict in these communities mainly over resources and that communities would likely see many tests of friendships over resources.

Turns out they may not even have to do anything themselves. By letting communities merge packages and spawn additional NPCs into existence they created situations where the biggest communities have the largest resource deficiency and will now need to rely on trade or conquest to survive. In some regions entire duchies are overpopulated making trade an iffy viable option. A county would need to secure trade from many miles away cross multiple counties and if anything happened to the shipment it would have alot of consequences leading to conflict as they need a new way to get resources.

Just to put it into perspective how many extra capitals have spawned that are not supposed to be there, originally SBS stated that SOME dukes but typically only Kings would start with capitals...... check the map again.

I don't know anymore.

9/20/2019 9:48:19 PM #3

@Takeda_Shinukage

All I can say is EP fixes everything. From buying seeds and grain sacks to full on ships to carry stuff. Those who have enough money to buy a capital certainty have enough money to make it stick.

I do think it’s sbs who might be in for an awakening come expo and be forced to make some drastic changes to their own system to actually cause some resource shortages.