COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Forget Bronze Age, this is more 14th Century

People keep bringing up that we're supposed to be starting at the Bronze Age. That ship sailed loooooong ago.

Knightly jousts, clocks, universities... c'mon folks! Elyria does not follow earth's technical progress but we are still way beyond Bronze Age so stop clinging to that idea like it's your mama.

9/19/2019 8:58:14 PM #1

We have iron, pewter, brass, and some steel. Bronze was several centuries back.

9/19/2019 9:05:19 PM #2

Edited

I made a post regarding this a long while ago. I do understand that the starting age isn't going to be what the team had told us earlier, but I still find their decision to be rather disappointing.

That's because I find the Bronze Age (3000-1000 BC), or even the Iron Age (1200-550 BC) to be a considerably more appealing of a starting point compared to the overused late medieval periods (1440-1580 AD).

I would rather have the technology advance up to the late medieval era at the end of their ten-year plan rather than be the beginning point.

I need to work on my spelling and grammar. If you find a mistake in my writing feel free to let me know.

9/19/2019 9:49:57 PM #3

Supposed to be the Iron age now. Yeah, it seems to have progressed right on through to the high middle ages now in many areas.

This is due to pushes from players for more and more stuff primarily, and a need to adhere to at least a few of the norms of MMORPG games though.

9/19/2019 9:56:06 PM #4

They introduced medicine in some kind of theme that came up in the late 19th century and the concepts of gliders..... I hate to tell you they're way beyond the renaissance already. Get ready to equip your light sabers when we pass the exposition, lol.

9/19/2019 10:05:51 PM #5

Posted By Taymuraz at 5:49 PM - Thu Sep 19 2019

Supposed to be the Iron age now. Yeah, it seems to have progressed right on through to the high middle ages now in many areas.

This is due to pushes from players for more and more stuff primarily, and a need to adhere to at least a few of the norms of MMORPG games though.

I don't think people have begging for new stuff. This is why there was a big uproar against the glider.

9/19/2019 10:15:06 PM #6

Posted By Deftly at 08:05 AM - Fri Sep 20 2019

Posted By Taymuraz at 5:49 PM - Thu Sep 19 2019

I don't think people have begging for new stuff. This is why there was a big uproar against the glider.

The glider definitely was a studio call. Same with the clock and things.

I was talking more about the move from bronze age to iron age and some of the stuff beyond like farming tech and medicine etc.

SBS also had that obviously medieval jousting demo they made too.

So, it certainly isn't all the players either.

9/20/2019 6:20:48 AM #7

Some of the technology might still be Bronze Age equivalent. Don't ask me exactly what, because I find it hard to imagine what it might be. Unless, that is, SBS considers something like the moral compass of player characters to be technological.