COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Shameversary 2019

So.. another celebration of shame is upon us and of course in-game store. No gameplay released, no alpha nothing.

Can't imagine you people are naive enough to give SBS like $700K since DSS started! And I am afraid cash will flow once they start to sell virtual pixels of unsold land again.

Everything to the studio that did not deliver anything.

Do you really believe this game will launch? If so - check the timeline that this game was supposed to follow.

• V3 of the Website (Q3 2017)
  • ElyriaMUD (Q4 2017)
  • Alpha 1 (T1 2018)
  • Server Selection (T1 2018)
  • Settlement / Domain Selection (T2 2018)
  • KoE (T2 2018)
  • Design Experiences (T3 2018)
  • Alpha 2 (T3 2018)
  • Beta 1 (S1 2019)
  • Prologue & CoE Adventure Toolkit (S1 2019)
  • Exposition (S1 2019)
  • Beta 2 (S1/S2 2019)
  • Stress Test (Any paid account)(S2 2019)
  • Launch (S2 2019)

What was not scrapped by studio under different reasons, was delayed without any info on progress. (laughable exceptions here are: website, server selection and dss delayed for almost a year)

>>> SOURCE <<<

Please, I beg you - demand progress before you fund another year or two of Studio's grocery bills.

On a side note, that hyped NPC AI must be less than impressive if SBS is pushing to sell every noble title to real players, so they do not have to code anything sophisticated that could actually act as NPC Duke or Count.

It's dead, Jim.

9/19/2019 7:36:42 PM #31

Telling people to stop funding a project we all hope gets published..... Uhhh yeah....

Funny thing about your post on the timeline. You never once explain that the SOURCE you linked says those dates are estimated, and even goes on to talk about dates being given out.

Wait a second. ARE YOU CNN?? Leaving important facts out of your story to try and sway people to your side?

I have a Rocket Launcher. Your Argument is Invalid.

9/19/2019 7:54:03 PM #32

"Wait a second. ARE YOU CNN?? Leaving important facts out of your story to try and sway people to your side?"

Are we really going down that road with the president we have in office now? The same president who's best friend Hannity, who he calls nightly works for Fox news? And that Rupert Murdoch owns Fox News and he and Trump are joined at the hip. Really, you sure you want to go down that road?

9/19/2019 8:11:07 PM #33

Posted By RedDoggybone at 2:54 PM - Thu Sep 19 2019

Are we really going down that road with the president we have in office now? The same president who's best friend Hannity, who he calls nightly works for Fox news? And that Rupert Murdoch owns Fox News and he and Trump are joined at the hip. Really, you sure you want to go down that road?

Not the place for this, but YUP. You could put Fox there, MSNBC, TWP, and (unfortunately) too many of the other "news" medias in that place and it would still work.

I have a Rocket Launcher. Your Argument is Invalid.

9/19/2019 8:50:59 PM #34

One thing I also think the OP doesn't understand is that SBS isn't just developing right now for the Alpha, or Beta access folks. D&SS and all the background data involved with developing those maps is stuff that they need for launch. This will definitely extend the time line for things like Alpha 1 and Beta 1. D&SS does something that Alpha 1 wouldn't of done and that draw in the attention of the entire CoE player base. Many individuals that will partake in D&SS aren't in Alpha 1. Therefore D&SS gets the communites hyped and involved in CoE and more community involvement means a better kick start event for SBS and more funding, which they need for development. If I'm not mistaken they have about 20 people right now running amuck in their office. average annual salary being about what 60k, 70k more probably? Cost of the office itself probably runs them about 5 - 10k a month. Then you also have to consider the cost of their cloud services which probably cost them a pretty penny, my estimate and just to high ball it is probably around 1-2k a month, but on the low ball end of that might run them like 500 a month, (Very unlikely) So with all that considered (there are lots of things that I probably missed) the studio runs at about 120k a month in costs of everything. Yet they have only received 700k since they have been developing. So the crowd funding has paid what about ~6 months or so? I mean my math could be very wrong, they could have less employees then I except (or pay them alot less on average) but still those are generous assumptions. My only question is how has SBS stayed afloat without a publisher.

TLDR Don't encourage people to stop funding SBS as we alone would barely be keeping them afloat, and I believe even you the OP wants the game.

9/19/2019 9:12:15 PM #35

Posted By PhKnight at 4:11 PM - Thu Sep 19 2019

Posted By RedDoggybone at 2:54 PM - Thu Sep 19 2019

Not the place for this, but YUP. You could put Fox there, MSNBC, TWP, and (unfortunately) too many of the other "news" medias in that place and it would still work.

Ok, my misunderstanding. I thought you were singling out CNN. To say they ALL do this I completely agree with you then. :)

9/19/2019 9:43:39 PM #36

Posted By Leilah at 8:46 PM - Thu Sep 19 2019

Posted By Mybrainisanut at 2:30 PM - Wed Sep 18 2019

Those threads.... yo.... <><

Thank you for your concerns, but I spend my money the way I want.

you got upvoted because you stated "I spend my money the way i want" whoa are you like five years old or something?.

>

I even stated in one of my few posts that the vote options should be removed form the forums and a focus in editing would be more usefull.... but hey, have an upvote for this comment because it represents clearly why this thread is crap and any "concerned" comments get downvoted.

No, I think the reason people upvoted it was because it was one of the few normal replies this thread has. As with any other thread of this kind, one person opens it up, puts in a catchy title that doesn't even represent the reason they are concerned and then proceeds to talk about non fact based ideas about the game they brew from two, three or four diffrent announcements made over the course of four years now. Followed by hidden insults towards someone of some idea. This isn't a base for a civilized argument. It's a troll thread and should be trolled as is.

9/20/2019 9:02:50 AM #37

Posted By DerryFH at 12:47 PM - Thu Sep 19 2019

No worries man. I will just say it one more time.

We are closing to two years mark delay for the overhyped release of the game. The time when studio's lead fiercely fought everyone who claimed that dates are unrealistic, budget is unrealistic, he always was 100% confident that it is him who is right not others.

Since then SBS delivered nothing noteworthy

SBS "lost" work in progress - you cannot have mine run anymore, jousting demo, no character creator moduls that was promised, the list goes on

but SBS delivered heaps of store promotions pulling millions of dollars from community.

And even on that they are failing now with people that did not have clear idea on how to activate double, triple titles. How studio is helping them? Giving store credit for value lost. Store credit.

Clearly you can see where the priorities are.

You can say it as many times as you want, in however many ways you want to, dude. You're still missing the point.

Setting aside my somewhat unreliable recollection of the kickstarter period (I don't recall Caspian/SbS fighting anybody on the matter of their estimated dates - simply a sequence of announcements as to when they intended to get things done by), anyone reading Caspian's announcements through the filter of prior EA experiences with various MMOs well understood we weren't getting the game when we were being told we would. This was reinforced by the 2017 SoE post in which Caspian detailed their approach and the necessity of sacrificing time to deliver on quality and cost. They more or less said as blatantly as a developer can say that things are going to take longer than we, or they, want them to, and that's the price we pay for getting the game in the shape we all want it delivered.

Once again: They've made mistakes. They continue to make mistakes, and that will persist for the foreseeable future. They're an unblooded team working on a game with no template precedents to draw from. They're going to fuck up. They're going to make mistakes like the failure to account for bugs in D&SS with land/settlement claims - mistakes that aren't excusable, but also aren't possible to retract or remedy. They're not doing a perfect job, but again, they're the only people acting on the demand for something like CoE. We are paying them to develop the game, and a necessary part of that process is them learning to do so, and to handle their community interactions.

The 2017 SoE post was an announcement, to those who can read between the lines, that this was going to be a rocky development process. A request to bear with potentially large mistakes on the way to achieving the end goal, when it really hit home for the developers just how much work they need to put in to deliver. There's nothing wrong with jumping ship if you've had enough. Nobody's going to blame you.

Just understand that where you see no progress being made, some of us are seeing leaps and bounds. There were no videos of gameplay a few months ago. Last year, most of the design journals for planned mechanics were still abstract, lacking fine detail. Not being able to get into the game's alpha and play is not the same thing as no progress. And even where mistakes are being made in the process, they're still hitting their most important landmarks. D&SS was late, but it's here. And if they have to run promos for the next couple of years to sustain funding for the game in order to keep loot boxes out of it, I really don't see that as a poor tradeoff. Lacking the cancerous interference publishers would bring to the table, their current methods are the only reasonable way for them to make the money they need to finish the game.

To touch Divinity, one must be prepared to brave Reality.

9/20/2019 9:21:27 AM #38

Wait. This game isn't out yet? I've been playing it for 3 years already on discord lol

Everyone wants to be a beast, until it's time to do what beasts do.

9/20/2019 9:38:26 AM #39

Posted By Leilah at 04:46 AM - Fri Sep 20 2019

Are people really that naive and would believe anything and everything SBS is saying but are NOT delivering?

You're missing the more obvious answer; people don't like being told what to do by some random on the Internet. And they ESPECIALLY don't like it if their experience doesn't jive with that random, yet the random is all, "This is what I want you to do..." about it. No, we don't have to do anything we don't want to. And conversely, I'd say people are exercising their right do do WHAT they want to, via the downvotes. It's not rocket science.

FWIW, I was KS Backer #21 and wanted nothing but the best for this game.

9/20/2019 10:09:04 AM #40

Posted By DerryFH at

Please, I beg you - demand progress before you fund another year or two of Studio's grocery bills.

Much like everything in life. People will do whatever the fuck they want. Some don't like the lack of progress being shown, thus don't fund. Others are happy with it and naturally give them more money.

Personally. I was happy how DSS turned out and backed a bit more during that. Not really liking how the overall progress is going, the lack of Pre-Elyria and whatnot. So don't plan to give more until I see something drop.

But telling people what to do, when in the history of anything has that ever ended well? If you aren't happy with how things are going? Fine. Don't give them anything until you are.

On a side note, that hyped NPC AI must be less than impressive if SBS is pushing to sell every noble title to real players, so they do not have to code anything sophisticated that could actually act as NPC Duke or Count.

Yeah good luck to SBS selling every single count title on OCE. Hell there will probably be duke titles left. While it does seem like they don't wanna code them, they would have to. Or there would be no real threat of an NPC ever causing you any trouble. On the CB level.

9/20/2019 10:11:14 AM #41

"Please, I beg you - demand progress before you fund another year or two of Studio's grocery bills."

Nothing more amusing than seeing a member of the Aristocracy begging.

Gonna get far in this game.

The attention span of a computer is only as long as its extension cord...(Friend Code: 9D26A7)

9/20/2019 10:13:59 AM #42

Those who live under the bridge know better than to walk into a "church" and openly challenge people's faith, there's a proper time, place, and method for everything.

😈

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

9/20/2019 10:40:16 AM #43

"Those who live under the bridge"too

Are you admitting you're a troll?

Expecting to set up as a mayor in one of the three "two town" counties in Bridgespider (Angelica server, Kingdom of Tyria). I'm hoping to end up with a city by the end of exposition for lawmaking ability, assuming I can keep the city sustainable. You will know it's me by the city name Raven's Roost

Friend code: 23F484.

9/20/2019 1:51:40 PM #44

Posted By Higuy333 at 2:28 PM - Thu Sep 19 2019

Posted By Leilah at 1:46 PM - Thu Sep 19 2019

you got upvoted because you stated "I spend my money the way i want" whoa are you like five years old or something?.

ANYWAYS moving on..

Seriously you guys attack and downvote anything and everything you may not agree with, you never take into acct that the people speaking out are frustrated and want to see progress before putting in more money; tell me how is that something to be downvoted? and why because he is pleading with the community to stop giving funds until we see somthing more substantial than a few pretty images and a few splash screens.

Are people really that naive and would believe anything and everything SBS is saying but are NOT delivering?

For the OP, although I decided a long time ago that SBS wasn't getting a penny more from me until I see actual evidence of a game like an actual world and/or players on it, and I don't mean the community I mean GM's and family, SBS has yet to show the community the world all I've seen is art work nothing put into motion. the studio needs to show us something our money has been spent on, example look at Pantheon and Camelot Unchanged they have given their community a world to see and some mechanics etc.. . But what do we have a MAP? the community is so over joyed for this tiny, itty bitty piece of something from the studio that they forget it's not progress for the game its a freaking interactive map..

Don't forget they haven't shown us anything..

A concerned backer

I think you are taking up and down voting too seriously, it is just a way for people to show their opinion on a post. If you agree then up vote it.

Also the reason people keep giving money to SBS and down voting posts like the OP are because unlike you we actually want the game to succeed no matter what. Even if that means giving them some more money. It is fine if you dont want to give any more of your money, but why does that mean you have to come to the forums and beg people to not fund the game they want to see created. For the people that gave some money and expect to see major results like your self, you probably should have waited to give money until the game launches, because im guessing SBS does not need your $100 you pledged and will be just fine with the other 6 or 7 million coming from the people that care about this game and want to help it. When people like myself backed the kickstarter we all knew that we may never even get the game, we still may never even see it, but I still give money because I want them to succeed.

First, my pledge was more then a lousy $100.00 dude, and second usually you spend money and see results then you add more..idk which world you're from but investors (even crowd funded investors) want to see where the money is being spent. see progress add more money,,don't see progress DON'T add more money. and yes if you choose to keep giving them you're hard earned money even though the first installment that you've already given has only produced a few art images and splash screens by all means Sir continue OKAY? there has been nothing substantial and its been three years. Yeah dude keep the hope alive and continue to throw your money at something that's not there.

9/21/2019 1:19:23 AM #45

Posted By Sir Zyr at 06:40 AM - Fri Sep 20 2019

"Those who live under the bridge"too

Are you admitting you're a troll?

Hobbitses aren't the only ones who can be tricksey.

Besides, I'm more of a Harbinger, Caspian said so.

😈

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT