COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Strength Method Honor

Anyone who wants to donate tokens on Luna for Strength Method Honor to host Tournament of Champions now is OUR time!!!!!!! Donate now Account: Botard Thank you all and keep up the good fight!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/28739/countystrengthmethodhonor

9/18/2019 3:57:32 AM #1

I'd donate if you changed the name to something other than Strength Method Honor :P

9/18/2019 4:46:28 AM #2

Posted By jonnyz at 11:57 PM - Tue Sep 17 2019

I'd donate if you changed the name to something other than Strength Method Honor :P

I second this. I'll even buy you the name change. Save me the trouble of having to flood the market with maps with a different name for your duchy.

9/22/2019 4:36:56 PM #3

Posted By Tilarium at 2:46 PM - Wed Sep 18 2019

Posted By jonnyz at 11:57 PM - Tue Sep 17 2019

I second this. I'll even buy you the name change. Save me the trouble of having to flood the market with maps with a different name for your duchy.

They actually allowed that name?! So much for them preserving immersion with their name screening.

9/23/2019 2:50:59 AM #4

Still can't believe this name was approved while so many normal names were not.

9/23/2019 4:30:22 AM #5

Posted By Ineluki at 02:36 AM - Mon Sep 23 2019

They actually allowed that name?! So much for them preserving immersion with their name screening.

I saw the meme of this county and thought it was just a joke. We live in a very confused world.

9/23/2019 6:35:44 PM #6

I still can't believe this is the actual name of the county! And it got approved?!

9/24/2019 6:19:22 PM #7

Alright, who replaced the developer's energy drink stash with liquor during the last round of name screening?

9/25/2019 9:55:35 PM #8

A large list of replacement names

• Kragmetode Eer; quat tariqat alsharaf; Uzhi met’vod Pativ; Indarra Metodoa Ohorea; Sila mietadu honaru; Metoda časti časti; Sila Metod Chest; Jačina metoda časti; Vyznamenání metody pevnosti; Styrke metode hæder; Kracht Methode Eer; Forta Metodo Honoro; Tugevusmeetodi au; Vahvuusmenetelmä kunnia; Force méthode honneur; sidzlieris metodi ghirseba; Stärke Methode Ehre; Antochí Méthodos Timí; Metòd fòs onore; Metarfin Metarfin Karfafa; Paʻa ikaika Hoʻohanohano; shakti vidhi sammaan; Metode Kekuatan Menghormati; Onóracha Modh Neart; Kekuwatan Cara ngurmati; Hêza Pîvana Rûmetê; Ratio viribus honora; Stipruma metodes gods; Stiprumo metodo garbė; Stäerkt Method Éierenhal; Herin'ny fomba manaja; Kekuatan Kaedah Kekuatan; Styrke Metode Ære; Mphamvu Njira Ulemu; Metoda siły Honor; Sila Metod Chest'; Urram Modh Neart; Metoda časti čvrstine śaktiya kramaya gauravaya; Čvrstost Metoda čast; Awoodda dariiqa Sharafta; Matla a Tlhompho; Métode Kakuatan Kaagungan; Styrka Metod Heder; Mukavemet Yöntemi Onur; Syla Metod chesti; Kuchlilik usuli sharaf; Anrhydedd Dull Cryfder; Sterkte Metoade eare; Ukomelela kwendlela imbeko; shtarkeyt aufn aner; Amandla wendlela Ukuhlonishwa;

In case you can't tell [they are all translations], the only difference between them and the currently approved name is that the approved one is recognizable as Neran and could theoretically be translated in-game. The vast majority of place names in the real world can be broken down to a simple collection of words that have simply changed over time to not be recognized with their modern meaning. Many times these words have some historical meaning or explanation of current features connected to the location. I noticed many temp names that were changed simply because their true meanings were not recognized. For example, Bally means Bloody. I submitted a new name fully aware of my County's temp meaning and intend on having it still used as a geological reference. The name I submitted might be accepted even though when translated to English it is trademarked, yet as submitted it is a common 1000s-year-old word that fits the theme of my tribe and will not be translatable in-game. Many names might also be denied because they have conflicting tribal themes such as each tribes spirit animal. Wolf - Brudvir Horse - Neran, Squirrel - Kypiq, Badger - Hrothi, Alligator - To'resk, Raven - Waerd, Heron - Dras, Cat - Janoa. There will probably be a lot of denials simply based on using the wrong animal for a domain's primary tribe.

Those who fail to learn the historical maneuvers of the Great Dance are doomed to repeating a classic misstep. -- FC--96C878

9/25/2019 10:15:44 PM #9

Posted By FenixFireSage at 5:55 PM - Wed Sep 25 2019

A large list of replacement names

• Kragmetode Eer; quat tariqat alsharaf; Uzhi met’vod Pativ; Indarra Metodoa Ohorea; Sila mietadu honaru; Metoda časti časti; Sila Metod Chest; Jačina metoda časti; Vyznamenání metody pevnosti; Styrke metode hæder; Kracht Methode Eer; Forta Metodo Honoro; Tugevusmeetodi au; Vahvuusmenetelmä kunnia; Force méthode honneur; sidzlieris metodi ghirseba; Stärke Methode Ehre; Antochí Méthodos Timí; Metòd fòs onore; Metarfin Metarfin Karfafa; Paʻa ikaika Hoʻohanohano; shakti vidhi sammaan; Metode Kekuatan Menghormati; Onóracha Modh Neart; Kekuwatan Cara ngurmati; Hêza Pîvana Rûmetê; Ratio viribus honora; Stipruma metodes gods; Stiprumo metodo garbė; Stäerkt Method Éierenhal; Herin'ny fomba manaja; Kekuatan Kaedah Kekuatan; Styrke Metode Ære; Mphamvu Njira Ulemu; Metoda siły Honor; Sila Metod Chest'; Urram Modh Neart; Metoda časti čvrstine śaktiya kramaya gauravaya; Čvrstost Metoda čast; Awoodda dariiqa Sharafta; Matla a Tlhompho; Métode Kakuatan Kaagungan; Styrka Metod Heder; Mukavemet Yöntemi Onur; Syla Metod chesti; Kuchlilik usuli sharaf; Anrhydedd Dull Cryfder; Sterkte Metoade eare; Ukomelela kwendlela imbeko; shtarkeyt aufn aner; Amandla wendlela Ukuhlonishwa;

In case you can't tell [they are all translations], the only difference between them and the currently approved name is that the approved one is recognizable as Neran and could theoretically be translated in-game. The vast majority of place names in the real world can be broken down to a simple collection of words that have simply changed over time to not be recognized with their modern meaning. Many times these words have some historical meaning or explanation of current features connected to the location. I noticed many temp names that were changed simply because their true meanings were not recognized. For example, Bally means Bloody. Many names might also be denied because they have conflicting tribal themes such as each tribes spirit animal. Wolf - Brudvir Horse - Neran, Squirrel - Kypiq, Badger - Hrothi, Alligator - To'resk, Raven - Waerd, Heron - Dras, Cat - Janoa. There will probably be a lot of denials simply based on using the wrong animal for a domain's primary tribe.

Smh

9/25/2019 10:54:11 PM #10

Yeah the term "SMH" probably should not have gotten its own memeland. I think they may rescind it.

Reese "Legendary Neurotoxin" Holland - COE Reddit Mod - Game Dev, but not on CoE. Talkshow on https://www.twitch.tv/theoryforge on Sundays with the rest of the Theory Forge crew!

9/25/2019 10:57:29 PM #11

Styrke metode hæder

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

9/27/2019 4:18:57 AM #12

Wouldn’t you be pissed if you made up a name and it didn’t get approved and yet Emerald Bay and Strength Method Honor were approved.

Becoming a Legend of the community, one post at a time.

12/18/2019 2:35:28 PM #13

hahaha so much hate. Everyone is welcome to visit my lands, come and be free from stress and experience all of the amenities my citizens enjoy every day.

12/18/2019 6:23:17 PM #14

You should change the name to Amenities Relaxation Experience then.

If you have items or assets you no longer have use for feel free to send them my way.

12/19/2019 12:41:59 AM #15

Anyone got a priest? We need to get rid of this necro :p