COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN MEDIA
[Show Us Your Domain] Aesa's Rest

Aesa’s Rest

The young Kypiq mayor Acanti hid behind a corner, holding his breath. He could feel the beast getting closer, the ground shaking with each massive step. It had caught his scent, and the only way out would be to run. With a deep breath, the Kypiq peered around the corner, but couldn’t see the beast anywhere. In confusion, he stood up and looked around, but it was nowhere to be found.

“Huh, I wonder where he could have go-“

Acanti was tackled to the ground by a massive otterbear three times his size. The beast pinned him down and began to lick him, getting slobber everywhere.

“Oh Otto, not the robes!” the Kypiq laughed. “Do you have any idea how hard it is to get your slobber out of my clothes, you big brute?”

He reached up and the otterbear lowered his head so that his master could pet him. The creature let out a soft whine as if he knew he was in trouble.

“Oh, I can’t stay mad at you. Come now, let’s go back to the town.”

The pair walked side-by-side through a magnificent vineyard filled with grapes of many varieties. It was nearly time for harvest, which meant a celebration. The sun covered every inch of the vineyard and as they walked two otterbear cubs ran up and latched onto their father’s legs. Otto was a new father, and seemed to be adjusting well.

The town was impossible to miss, with a towering Ironwood tree directly in the middle of it. While nearly impossible to grow in the grasslands, Aesa’s Rest was the ancestral home of house Aeternum, and was thus blessed by nature. A bloodline of both Neran and Kypiq, the Aeternum ironwood served the purpose of being both a landmark and a physical connection to the Faedin faith followed by the denizens of Aesa’s Rest. The town was a haven for all peaceful creatures of Elyria, and nature sprung forth in every corner. Vines caked the walls of the town, and a persistent cool shade was provided by the colossal tree.

As Acanti approached the town walls, the Kypiq stationed at front was startled awake by the lumbering beast to his side.

“Oh, Mayor Acanti! Welcome back! All’s well in the vineyard?”

Acanti rolled his eyes and looked over at his lazy friend.

“Aye. Keeping the citizens of the Rest safe, are we?” he said with a sarcastic tone.

“Oh well, you know it’s just so beautiful outside today that it would be a waste to not honor it with a nap.”

The two cubs behind Otto let out a playful growl and jumped on the “guard”.

“Ah! Acanti, the town is being assaulted by vicious beasts!”

The two both let out a carefree laugh as Otto tried to calm his cubs down. Acanti let out a sharp whistle and the three immediately fell back behind him.

“Oh! The duke and duchess rode into town not long ago! They said they’d be anxiously awaiting your return.”

“They’re already here!? Oh geez, we better hurry to the tree. Back to your station, and try to stay awake this time.”

Walking through the town, life filled the streets. Creatures of every shape and size ran freely about the marketplace, while the citizens themselves were in a rush to prepare for the Harvest festival. The smell of freshly baked bread and fine wine was thick, and children ran around picking flowers to braid into ceremonial necklaces. Acanti stopped and greeted everyone as he walked by, and the cubs ran off to play with the children.

As he approached the center of the town, he saw the duke’s entourage gathered around the base of the tree.

“Ah, my Lord! Always a pleasure to see you. And duchess, you’re looking lovely as ever.”

He bowed before the pair and had to stand on his toes to give the duchess a kiss on the hand.

“You mustn't greet us so formally Acanti!” yelled the duke. “Happy Harvest festival my friend, it appears to be a bountiful one for you this year. The vineyard looks well.”

“And the Rest is as beautiful as ever! Every time we visit it seems to get even more vibrant.” exclaimed the duchess.

“You flatter me, both of you. Every rose has its Thornes, I’m just pretty good at keeping them hidden! Enjoy the festival, and welcome to Aesa’s Rest!”

"You cannot alter your fate. However, you can rise to meet it."

9/18/2019 3:01:36 PM #1

This is very good writing:) and a very good story

9/19/2019 10:19:52 PM #2

well written and very entertaining ~ <3

9/21/2019 6:22:48 AM #3

Very fun read. I loved the description of the town