COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Show us your domain contest

The rules state that only one entry may be made per settlement but that there are two categories. May entrants create graphic stories (i.e. comic books) as a form of entry to be considered for both?

9/17/2019 9:17:28 PM #1

We had definitely considered this an either or contest, so that visual artists aren't competing against wordsmiths and vice-versa. It doesn't exactly feel fair to allow entries that play on both.

I'll check in with the team and get back to you should another option present itself, but in the absence of any further guidance, I would decide how you wanted to be judged, either as a written piece or a visual piece, and indicate your choice in your post.

Hope that helps! :)

• Snipehunter
9/17/2019 11:09:06 PM #2

Thank you very much Snipehunter!

9/18/2019 1:24:33 AM #3

what are the rules ? does it need to be a picture (jpg. png ect) ? size ? does it need to show a settlement or our own settlement with the surrounding area + ressources ?

how precise does it need to be ?

what about all those that haven t claimed yet ? they would have around 33% less time ?

9/18/2019 2:21:41 AM #4

Posted By Tyrgrim at 11:24 AM - Wed Sep 18 2019

what are the rules ? does it need to be a picture (jpg. png ect) ? size ? does it need to show a settlement or our own settlement with the surrounding area + ressources ?

how precise does it need to be ?

what about all those that haven t claimed yet ? they would have around 33% less time ?

Just start working on your piece now, and once you claim post it. I am sure SBS will judge every entry on its merits rather than on the order in which it was submitted.

Link to my story

9/18/2019 2:39:06 AM #5

how are u supposed to draw a settlement when u don t even know which biome u will end up ?

drawing takes several days/weeks. so 1 week less is alot.

Every competition has to have rules so the competition is fair and all entries can be judged on an equal base - so far I don t see any of that happening here

There is also the fact that only 10-20% of the europeans (out of around 500 million people) have english as their first language. how are they supposed to compete in writing ? would be the same as making the language of the competition spanish and ask us-americans to compete^^

9/18/2019 6:33:59 AM #6

Posted By Barlin at 04:39 AM - Wed Sep 18 2019

how are u supposed to draw a settlement when u don t even know which biome u will end up ?

drawing takes several days/weeks. so 1 week less is alot.

Every competition has to have rules so the competition is fair and all entries can be judged on an equal base - so far I don t see any of that happening here

There is also the fact that only 10-20% of the europeans (out of around 500 million people) have english as their first language. how are they supposed to compete in writing ? would be the same as making the language of the competition spanish and ask us-americans to compete^^

Most Europeans have a high skill in English. So i dont see it as a penalty

9/18/2019 8:54:08 PM #7

Please direct your questions about the contest to this thread this is not a technical support issue.

Thank you.

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."