COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Microbiomes please??

In the current promostore the Valleys microbiome is mentioned. We dont know who will get these microbiomes and where exactly they will be, I would like to know for sure if im in one before i buy something.

Could we please get a map that shows us where the microbiomes will go? and if not, when will we get such map?

9/17/2019 2:36:19 PM #1

oh, and preferably before the forest farming kit leaves the KSV store :X

9/17/2019 2:56:52 PM #2

Agreed... Things have been added historically that seem to depend on, or will at least be enhanced by, micro and transitional biomes. Not knowing where these will be potentially makes buying this sort of thing a waste.

The Township of Bris, County Delgora. Friend Code B2CF9C Friend Code B2CF9C

9/17/2019 2:59:54 PM #3

Makes me wonder, if I live in tropical wetlands.. could I create my own microbiome to grow these forest plants?

www.twitch.tv/frosdtimes

9/17/2019 3:00:59 PM #4

What microbiome?

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

9/17/2019 3:03:00 PM #5

Posted By Fros at 10:59 AM - Tue Sep 17 2019

Makes me wonder, if I live in tropical wetlands.. could I create my own microbiome to grow these forest plants?

Actually that makes me wonder... Will be a way to make greenhouse or hothouse type things for some things? Maybe not large scale tree farming but perhaps small crops?

9/17/2019 3:43:42 PM #6

Posted By Hugh Bris at 5:03 PM - Tue Sep 17 2019

Posted By Fros at 10:59 AM - Tue Sep 17 2019

Actually that makes me wonder... Will be a way to make greenhouse or hothouse type things for some things? Maybe not large scale tree farming but perhaps small crops?

greenhouses have been confirmed as an undiscovered technology

9/17/2019 5:33:27 PM #7

Posted By Athorias at 11:43 AM - Tue Sep 17 2019

greenhouses have been confirmed as an undiscovered technology

Excellent.

I'd still like to see micro and transitional biomes ASAP, especially if they are going to keep putting out somewhat generally biome specific items.

9/18/2019 3:05:02 PM #8

I agree. When it comes to vegetation, I'm hesitant to invest in food bearing plants until I have an assurance that I can use it.

9/18/2019 3:11:59 PM #9

Yeah it'd be lovely to know more about microbiomes so i can maximize trade income

Chaos is a batter

9/18/2019 7:21:12 PM #10

My settlement is in Alpine Tundra, I would like to make sure that my land has a valley microbiomes within the Alpine Tundra to make sure Raspberries, Strawberries and etc, can grow... Why should I pay for something that might be worthless in the first place...

Athorias made a good point, please consider this suggestion.. :)

Lord of The Silver Phoenix City!

9/18/2019 7:58:02 PM #11

That's a good question, My settlement is in the shrub-steppe on the coast but the shrub-steppe doesn't have a coast example on earth so it clearly has to have a transitional Biome or microbiome that would be applicable.

Mayor of the City of Widow's Reach, Thane of Clan Hammerbull

9/18/2019 9:11:28 PM #12

I would love to see that info! I myself am located in the Alpine Tundra and I will start an Animal Husbandry Center myself and some citizens of mine are interested in the whole farming aspect of the game. It would be very useful to know what microbiomes we'll be having in our area so I know what animals to keep (beekeeping is pretty much impossible due to temperature and need for pollen to make honey but with a microbiome with flowers near me I can make an underground room with stable temperature to keep them near the area with flowers/ plants), what crops to grow and even what potential crops we can grow later on once the soil has been optimized with alchemical solutions.

Friend Code: B6D2D4