COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Battlecat for Hrothi and Brudvir?

So there is a snow leopard, but it is a mount for medium sized characters. Neither Hrothi (small) nor Brudvir (big) are medium sized characters. Do we just cuddle with them or will we as non-medium sized characters be able to ride them anyway?

Brash

9/17/2019 9:15:07 AM #1

Reading the description of them, I'd say they can't ride them. You can still use them to pull things even though you can't ride them. So you can still pull your ballista into battle.

9/17/2019 10:56:58 AM #2

He-Man was Hrothi and got on his Battle-Cat just fine!

9/17/2019 12:25:46 PM #3

The Hrothi are capable of riding battle cattos. Dunno about the brudvir though, I suspect they're too big.

ref This game was a dream. Its dead now.

9/17/2019 12:55:02 PM #4

It may be that medium includes small. If a barrel can fit a medium apple, surely it can fit a small one. Clarification needed on that.

Brudvir would be a no though. You gotta save your otter bears and war trisons for them

I don't know anymore.

9/17/2019 12:59:44 PM #5

isnt cuddling with them whats most important anyway. that and them acting like the scariest house cat ever.

Friend Code: 6DEF22

9/17/2019 1:30:37 PM #6

I will be Brudvir, so I hope we can get an official answer on whether or not Brudvir will be able to ride them.

I am also curious if we can breed these cats and maybe breed bigger versions of them which Brudvir would be able to ride.

9/17/2019 9:21:09 PM #7

Dammit, when will everyone get over the notion that smaller people can't ride large mounts. You ever seen a human with long enough legs to ride an elephant? Ever see a child ride a horse?

These restrictions are the kind of restrictions someone who has never had anything to do with animals in real life might come up with.

People can be too big for a given mount. They cannot be too small.

In real life, anyways.

9/17/2019 9:30:48 PM #8

Posted By jonnyz at 4:21 PM - Tue Sep 17 2019

Dammit, when will everyone get over the notion that smaller people can't ride large mounts. You ever seen a human with long enough legs to ride an elephant? Ever see a child ride a horse?

These restrictions are the kind of restrictions someone who has never had anything to do with animals in real life might come up with.

People can be too big for a given mount. They cannot be too small.

In real life, anyways.

Well, you can be too small to reasonably mount the... mount, without assistance.

9/17/2019 10:08:24 PM #9

Posted By HEGEMONZERO at 2:59 PM - Tue Sep 17 2019

isnt cuddling with them whats most important anyway. that and them acting like the scariest house cat ever.

Good point, you made me buy one :)

Brash

9/17/2019 10:15:39 PM #10

Posted By Terrantal at

So there is a snow leopard, but it is a mount for medium sized characters. Neither Hrothi (small) nor Brudvir (big) are medium sized characters. Do we just cuddle with them or will we as non-medium sized characters be able to ride them anyway?

Yep. And that it make it the rarest of battlecats.

Count of Frostale, in the Duchy of Fioralba, in the Kingdom of Ashland, by the Grace of Haven. The above opinions are mine alone and do not reflect those of my Kingdom or Duchy.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/17117/naw-the-duchy-of-fioralba https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/14124/naw-kingdom-of-ashland https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/30605/of-contracts-and-commerce-a-tldnr-post https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/31835/on-taxes-rents-and-ancestral-lands

9/17/2019 10:32:25 PM #11

Posted By Dekul at 6:30 PM - Tue Sep 17 2019

Well, you can be too small to reasonably mount the... mount, without assistance.

Eh, that's easily overcome. Stirrups are adjustable, there are even double stirrups so children can climb up the lower one and tuck it away, or for people riding particularly tall thoroughbreds or draft horses. But yeah, it can require adaption for sure. I just don't think that should preclude the smaller tribes from being able to ride.

Truthfully, the greatest challenge would lie in harnessing/saddling a creature whose back is almost as high as, or higher than, you can reach. At a stables, that could be managed, but out in the wild, that could start to present a real problem.