COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN MEDIA
[Show us your Domain] The Seaside township of Keld.

((Although I could give the history of the county and the township, what makes a town great is not the location, or how many leaves on the trees, but the people who make up the township. Granted, we are not in the game yet or know what the NPCs are like, but there is a universal principle that I believe will hold true in the game… when there is a need, people will band together to work for the common good. We have seen this time and time again in our own world, I can't think that Elyria will be that much different. A very wise man told us all that when there is a tragedy, look for the rescuers.))

It was a typical autumn day in the coastal township of Keld. It was an unusual area, this little town, not quite taiga but not quite alpine but a combination of the two. Likewise, the people were a mix of both Brudvir and Hrothi with a few Naren thrown in for good measure. While some of the mennfolk fished, bringing up a fresh load of fish, others hunted hoping to down a Dryas elk for venison. Still, the lingering aroma of fresh berry pies wafted upon the breeze as some of the elders sat near the fire retelling tales of the past to entertain and educate the children surrounding their feet. As a cartload of supplies worked its way toward the large warehouse that is the ship chandlers, the merchant paused on the bridge, scanning the horizon. Within moments, the merchant raised a horn to his lips and blew, sounding the alarm.

Within moments, the citizens of Keld have been raced to the shore as they knew there was a ship in trouble off of the coast. Older children keep the younger children from getting underfoot. The teens and able-bodied adults ran towards the boats, knowing that every second counted in saving the lives of the menn out on the water. The elders stayed behind to help with the younger children as well as light fires to warm any of the survivors as well as the rescuers once they returned.

As the boats made their way towards the costal cutter in trouble, prayers were offered up by the citizens in both the Faedin and the Vitori traditions, hoping that it was not too late. As the first of the fishing boats reached the cutter, it was determined that it could be towed safely to the dock, but the weary crew could be rescued. One of the Brudvir womenn among the rescue crews tied a rope around her waist before diving into the cold water with a secondary rope to secure the cutter so that it could be towed. Several of the menn didn't bother with the first line and jumped into the water to help pull the cutter to the shore. As the town blacksmith started to go under, the womann dove after him to save his life. As soon as they surfaced, a cheer on the shore rang out. The town wasn't ready to loose the blacksmith. Slowly, through the combined efforts of the people, the cutter was pulled to safety enough that it was not in any danger of sinking. Repairs would begin at first light after a good meal and a night's rest. The crew and rescuers were given hot apple cider and elk stew as they sat in blankets around the fires. Voices were lifted in the songs of thanks, the sweet blending melody echoing the fact that as they are Vorn. From many, now one.

((I did ask in the CoE common room if I could use Keld, my submitted name pending approval or if I should use the current name. I was told to use the submitted name. Keld is currently Brownharvest Bay on the map.))

Countess of Tarnham

County Tarnham, Rhynelands Duchy, Vornair. Luna Server (NA-E)