COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
One thing that worries me

English:

Hi, i am MetaRox, i am so excited to play this game just like all of you but there is something that really worries me and it is the ping that we will have with the NA servers, i am from Chile but i speak for almost all people of South America.

A little example of why it worries me a lot: Almost everyone know that WoW Classic just launched a couple of weeks ago, i never played WoW Retail before, only pirat.....cough cough..private servers and all with 130 pings aprox (that is fine for WoW) but when i payed for WoW Classic i found the surprise that i was playing with 250ms in a West Coast servers(California) and 210ms in a East Coast server (Chicago), so i don't even bother to play it even if i payed $15 because i know that 200ms of ping is unplayable for at least all melee classes (is not an assumption, is personal experience).

So by saying this i want to know if someone know how much will affect LAG to this game playability, because I know there won't be South American servers, or where is gonna be located the nearest Servers for South America.

Thanks to everyone who answer this, and hope to see you in-game possibles soulmates.

Español:

Hola, soy MetaRox, estoy tan emocionado de jugar este juego como todos ustedes, pero hay algo que realmente me preocupa y es el ping que tendremos con los servidores de NA, soy de Chile pero hablo por casi Todas las personas de América del Sur.

Un pequeño ejemplo de por qué me preocupa tanto: Casi todos saben que WoW Classic acaba de lanzarse hace un par de semanas, nunca jugué WoW Retail antes, solo pirat ..... * tos, tos * ... servidores privados y todo con 130 pings aprox (eso está bien para WoW) pero cuando pagué por WoW Classic encontré la sorpresa de que estaba jugando con 250 ms en un servidor de la Costa Oeste (California) y 210 ms en un servidor de la Costa Este (Chicago), asi que ni me moleste en jugarlo incluso si pagué $ 15 porque sé que 200 ms de ping es injugable almenos para las clases cuerpo a cuerpo (no es una suposición, es una experiencia personal).

Entonces, al decir esto, quiero saber si alguien sabe cuánto afectará el LAG a la jugabilidad de este juego, porque sé que no habrá servidores sudamericanos, o dónde se ubicarán los servidores más cercanos para América del Sur.

9/6/2019 9:05:11 AM #1

CoE is not a combat focused game though, if you don't have the ping to fight, then go for a different profession that doesn't involve combat.

9/6/2019 10:29:52 AM #2

Posted By ShadowTani at 7:05 PM - Fri Sep 06 2019

CoE is not a combat focused game though, if you don't have the ping to fight, then go for a different profession that doesn't involve combat.

Even then, SBS has said that professions require skill. If take the smithy as an example and they need to hit it so often but with high ping they screw up. Seems really most of the game will require low ping. Maybe some professions don't rely on it as much.

9/6/2019 2:18:55 PM #3

I agree, on WoW I have 700 ping, I can’t imagine what we are going to have when this game comes out.

My only hope is Elon Musk’s Starlink satellite internet.

Should be up by quarter 1 2020 in N. America.

9/6/2019 2:54:10 PM #4

I think NA-E is your best bet for a server ping wise however that is still pretty far so I expect to see ping in the 130-150 range from down there or more.

9/6/2019 7:15:28 PM #5

Posted By Gunnlang at 06:29 AM - Fri Sep 06 2019

Posted By ShadowTani at 7:05 PM - Fri Sep 06 2019

Even then, SBS has said that professions require skill. If take the smithy as an example and they need to hit it so often but with high ping they screw up. Seems really most of the game will require low ping. Maybe some professions don't rely on it as much.

that is the problem, they say that player's skills are needed to properly use skills, i imagine a craft system that WILL require some reaction time, if is so we are screwed, but in a video the say that might be only like Cutting a shape of a axe for example in a determined time, that no requires reaction but precision, probably there will be certain profesion that will be unavaible to us due the lag

9/9/2019 6:49:00 AM #6

Honestly at this point no one really knows as the game isn't playable yet. If you can play most current MMOs ok, then you'll probably be ok, but if your getting a lot of lag on current MMOs, then you might be screwed. We honestly won't know til the game is much closer to launch.

Mayor of Funny Farms Inc.

9/19/2019 6:44:39 PM #7

Posted By DanielBlack at 10:18 AM - Fri Sep 06 2019

I agree, on WoW I have 700 ping, I can’t imagine what we are going to have when this game comes out.

My only hope is Elon Musk’s Starlink satellite internet.

Should be up by quarter 1 2020 in N. America.

I had satellite internet years ago. It was the only high speed option I had. I played Final Fantasy XI on it. There was a delay in everything you done. Basically I had to do everything about 3 seconds before I needed it to be done.