COMMUNITY - FORUMS - ANGELICA GENERAL
Second Free Mayor Event Giveaway!

FREE MAYOR GIVEAWAY

Get ready for round two of our title giveaways!

It’s an exciting time for Elyria with Domain and Settlement Selection around the corner, and to add to that excitement even more, the County of Cambria is opening a contest for Elyrians of NA-W! This marks our SECOND Giveaway! That's right! We've given out 6 mayor packs in our first giveaway, and we're launching, for a second time, another giveaway with 4 FREE MAYOR TITLES! We are currently a 6x County, and would love to have aspiring mayors to run some of our many settlements!

In order to apply, you must respond to the questions that follow either as a reply to this forum post or by joining the County discord server and messaging either myself (Kara Devartyr) or Lord Ælric there with your completed answers. A link to the discord will be provided below.

Questions to think about:

• Question 1: What are your personal plans for Chronicles of Elyria? What do you think you would find fun in the game? What would you like to do?

• Question 2: If you became a mayor, what plans would you have for your settlement? What would its focus be?

• Question 3: Why would you be a good mayor? What could you bring to the table in an environment dependent on teamwork.

Judging & End Date

Your application will be judged on the depth of thought put into each response as well as how we think your settlement would fit in to our community. If you’d like to look into what kind of a County we are or just want to say hi, I’ll post links to our forum post and discord below:

Count Forum Page

County Discord

The final day you will be able to submit your responses will be September 15th by Noon PST. You will be messaged on whichever platform you submitted your response and this thread will be updated.

Addendum #1: A bloodline package may be a requirement to purchase the Mayor title. Please be aware this may be a prerequisite for this contest.

If you would like to get to know us, please feel free to join the County discord and strike up a conversation. We hope you have a great time thinking up your settlements!

Sir William Ælric, 1st Earl of Treague

'Qui audet, vincit' ~ Who dares, conquers.

8/29/2019 3:22:17 AM #1

NOTE: Due to the restrictions on transferring the titles, the winners will receive Chronicles of Elyria Gift Cards (Totaling $90), with the stipulation that it is used to purchase the mayor title in the marketplace.

Addendum #1: A bloodline package may be a requirement to purchase the Mayor title. Please be aware this may be a prerequisite for this contest.

Thank you for understanding!

8/29/2019 9:29:11 AM #2

Question 1: What are your personal plans for Chronicles of Elyria? What do you think you would find fun in the game? What would you like to do?

My personal plan is to manage a settlement that is very engaging to the community for both new and experienced players, provide great role-playing experiences and make them feel like the town I manage is where they belong, while also serving the needs of the county and the people effectively. I've honestly always found it fun to be in a leadership role from prior games: leading pvp battles, keep defenses, & several raids, offering assistance to newer members of the guild, and being able to inspire other players to love the game we're playing more by just talking to them about the most random things that will allow them to have fun. But what i find very unique about this game are the many, complex features that also come with being part of a managing role in CoE, like the reputation system, CB, the very complex town and resource management and the skills around it. So I would also like to learn more about this, and be effective at it, since I've always been interested in games that require you to think to be good at it, and I want to be the absolute best at this.

Question 2: If you became a mayor, what plans would you have for your settlement? What would its focus be?

In the event I'm given this incredible opportunity, my plans as mayor is to effectively manage the resources in my territory, provide jobs that would allow players to thrive, if the profession they desire is in line with what the county needs to flourish, in the settlement, and to create an environment that lets players have fun, but doesn't allow any trolls or the like to destroy what should be a very entertaining role-playing experience away from our lives. I would also be very open to learning from the count, as well as my fellow mayors, in what is the best way to effectively manage my settlement. For me personally, my focus would be to create a very engaging & social community and make sure that the players have fun, and to create endless ways for a meaningful experience in my community as much as possible.

Question 3: Why would you be a good mayor? What could you bring to the table in an environment dependent on teamwork.

I know there are a lot of candidates that would be capable mayors, but what sets me apart from them is my capacity to connect to people, as well as be adaptable to the needs of the whole county above my own settlement. But a good mayor is someone that can be engaging and allow the players to have fun, and that's what i want most for the people I manage: to have a lot of fun in the game and not feel like this is working from our homes. What I could bring to the table are my real life skills of accounting our resources and economically manage them, my flexible capabilities and willingness to adapt to the needs of the county above my own, give a voice to the needs of the community, and to provide great and memorable experiences to our people.

"The Fire that keeps Balance at bay"

8/29/2019 6:58:32 PM #3

Good luck to all the candidates. Looking forward to having more mayors/barons inside of Ashira!

8/29/2019 7:24:21 PM #4

Question 1: What are your personal plans for Chronicles of Elyria? What do you think you would find fun in the game? What would you like to do?

My personal plans is to see the world and bring gifts and treasures to the barons and mayors that run the many settlements. I believe in networking and I will be contacting and be a contact for many of the big players. I'd love to build the relationships between duchy's and help with developing good politics. Because I'll be doing a lot of traveling and seeing the CoE world, I'll be adventuring in to the darkest regions of the map, see the things that only others dream of, and write the book on what it takes to be a successful ranger in CoE.

Question 2: If you became a mayor, what plans would you have for your settlement? What would its focus be?

If I were fortunate enough to win the contest, my plan for the settlement in question would be to develop good trade routes to outer lying regions. Some of them may have resources that my region may not and vice versa. Thus building good relationships with other mayors and barons. A game like this will depend on the relationships you build with other players or regions. It will be the primary reason why a settlement may succeed or die. I will not fail my constituents and will build a safe, loving community of like minded players where each and every one of them would have the opportunity to do as they pleased without being harassed.

Question 3: Why would you be a good mayor? What could you bring to the table in an environment dependent on teamwork.

I'm a full time business owner IRL. Relationships and clients are thing. I am diplomatic in my every day dealings with them and thus have perfected the art of being able to speak with anyone about anything. The reason this makes me a good mayor is that I will be approachable and relate-able to the many challenges and problems my constituents may run into. as I stated earlier, my goal for my settlement is to provide every person living there a proper environment for development and growth. This would be imperative as a settlement will not thrive, if her own people can't thrive.

9/7/2019 1:54:14 AM #5

Only one more week left for your submissions! Get them in before the event ends! This will be the last opportunity to get a free mayor package!

9/16/2019 1:14:48 PM #6

We have one last mayor package left to give out!!!! We are increasing our giveaway to 5 mayor packs! There’s only one week left, so now is the time to grab a mayor title for yourself!! We are also extending the deadline to this Friday at noon!

9/16/2019 2:32:55 PM #7

I love crafting and creating things. I want to build a logging community, make everything we can out of wood and supply it to the community and kingdom. I love just grinding away and helping chape the world I am in. To me, the fun is playing and chatting with friends and making new friends and potentially life long friendships. Most of the people I game with I have been for over 10 years.

Question 2: If you become a mayor, what plans would you have for your settlement? What would its focus be?

The focus would be lumber, woodcutting, carving, papermaking, and anything that has to do with trees. When I played wurm i literally replaced a desert with a Forrest over 6 months of playtime. My name is Loggy and most games I play I have logged lol

Question 3: Why would you be a good mayor? What could you bring to the table in an environment-dependent on teamwork?

Well as a former Marine teamwork is something we get used to very quickly. I have been a member of OTG for over 10 years and still play games with them from time to time. Mayor would make me go out of my comfort zone in some aspects and enhance my gaming in ar areas I need help with. This would allow me to gather information and brainstorm on better ways to help the city, county, dutchy and kingdom.

9/18/2019 9:00:47 PM #8

We still have 1 Mayor pack left! Currently we have no applicants waiting! If you want this pack, please get in touch with us before the end of DSS!

9/19/2019 12:04:03 AM #9

I'm going to do my duty as a Siren for the first while I spend in-game, and then hopefully use the glory I gain in the tournament of champions to establish my family name across Angelica. I've always liked to grind some good levels, and I think I plan on doing that until I can combat most anything. I'll use the skills I gain through that to scour the lands for interesting artifacts and loot as an explorer.

I would hold my citizens pretty harshly to the few laws I would impose, mostly against murder and thievery. but besides that; I'd hope to host a place full of learning and intrigue, a place where adventures could all gather without worry to show off their latest expedition's spoils. I was planning on having the main interest being the "Siren's Hall", which would be a huge manor with a dining hall bigger than it's many bedrooms, that you could stay in for coin or trade(we accept cash, card, and ancient relics)!

I've been trained in doing things as a team since I was four, project-based learning might not've taught me trig, but I'll be damned if I can't lead a team to success. I have good drive, and an even better imagination.

Daardain, First Siren of Lady Nelanie Luna'de Sàng; First Minister, Minister of Health, Agriculture and Sciences of the County of Cambria.

My Friend Code: D66788
9/20/2019 2:19:39 PM #10

Last few days to get a free mayor title!! Only one left!

9/21/2019 11:31:19 PM #11

We have crazy huntresses ready to greet you. Check it out lol

Call me Kara.. or Whispabird ;-)