COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Limited time County Upgrade!

Greetings Elyrians!

Today we bring glad tidings and cheerful news.

Having seen the maps, we've received feedback from a ton of Mayors-who-would-be Counts-and-Countesses, who are concerned about their prospects during the Dutch auction. To solve this, a new item has been created and is now available for purchase! Find it in the promotions section of our online store.

New Items!

Update!

Due to popular demand, we have added the Mayor Title as a standalone item in the ala carte store.

Mayor Title

If you haven't got your fill of Mayor Titles, have never had one before, or you wish you had more titles to upgrade to a county, this is for you!

• A Bloodline package or above is required to purchase.
  • This item cannot be bundled, transferred, or traded in for EP.
  • Purchasing this item will give you an admission time during Domain & Settlement Selection, if you previously had no other titles.
  • This item can be merged with other Mayor Titles during D&SS to increase the size of a settlement.
  • This item can be upgraded to a Count or Countess Title via the County Upgrade item.

Limit: 6

County Upgrade

Upgrade a Mayor Title to a Count or Countess Title without upgrading your pledge package.

Description:

Upgrade an existing Mayor Title into a Count or Countess Title, allowing you to claim a County (and a Settlement inside that County) during Domain & Settlement Selection at your existing pick time! This upgrades just the title, and does not give additional pledge package rewards. No need to wait until the Dutch auction after the main event to take your place among the nobility of Elyria.

Details

• This item will appear as a 'Count or Countess Title (Mayor Upgrade)' in your inventory, however it is identical in all ways to a 'Count or Countess Title' aside from the limitations specified below.
  • Purchasing this item does not change admission time or pick week. Because Influence has been locked for D&SS as of August 19, 2019 at 11:59pm PDT, Influence Points will still be awarded to the account but will not factor into pick times for this event.
  • The 'Count or Countess (Mayor Upgrade)' item replaces a Mayor Title item in your inventory and cannot be undone.
  • The new item cannot be bundled, transferred, or traded in for EP.
  • The item can be merged with other Count or Countess Titles during D&SS to create a multi-county.
  • This item is not purchasable by accounts with a Free Kingdom title.

Availability: This item will disappear from our online store at the end of Domain and Settlement Selection and before the Dutch auction.

Quantity: There will be a limited number of these items available per server.

We hope you enjoy this new item as we speed ahead towards Domain and Settlement Selection!

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

8/23/2019 1:54:03 AM #1

Hmmm

Friend Code: 8EF50C | County of Raðljóst | Grand Duchy Erzhalden | Kingdom Vornair | https://discord.gg/fKpyTZ

8/23/2019 1:55:36 AM #2

FK never gets anything fun. lol

8/23/2019 1:58:07 AM #3

$375! Too rich for my humble blood

Kip from Fist of the Empire

Friend code: 72EC67

8/23/2019 2:04:53 AM #4

lol this is gonna be funny come selection time.

8/23/2019 2:06:13 AM #5

That’s great for all those mayors that seemed in a stressful situation.

8/23/2019 2:07:56 AM #6

Boss, solves my problem

8/23/2019 2:13:18 AM #7

If I choose an upgrade now, do I have to claim a count position or can I throw the cash away and pick a mayor settlement if I change my mind?

8/23/2019 2:13:45 AM #8

What if I upgrade my mayor title obtained from the sister settlement promotion ?

8/23/2019 2:19:35 AM #9

Posted By Veteran at 8:13 PM - Thu Aug 22 2019

If I choose an upgrade now, do I have to claim a count position or can I throw the cash away and pick a mayor settlement if I change my mind?

I asked this question for you and the answer replied was:

Unfortunately, you'd have to claim a county and a settlement. But you could always will the count title to someone else later and keep the settlement....

8/23/2019 2:27:53 AM #10

This made me happy, and thank you for listening to peoples concerns. I think this respects the people that bought the packages earlier. They still get preference in time and a chance to get an extra slice. . then the mayors get a chance to upgrade. Very well though out!

DS&S comes out and people pick. Then, Reverse County.

8/23/2019 2:41:36 AM #11

I feel as though this is a very mature solution to a fairly complex issue. Lots of Mayors from my understanding were unhappy and I'm sure TONS of them will be very happy with this choice. Every time I see SBS making a change for the fans I gain so much more confidence for CoE and SBS as a whole.

8/23/2019 2:52:29 AM #12

Any chance us commoners could take any of these Mayor titles the fresh Count/Countesses are leaving behind?

I'd be satisfied either way. I just completely lost track of when this was happening and forgot to upgrade when I got my new job.

8/23/2019 2:54:45 AM #13

Posted By Axalion at 8:52 PM - Thu Aug 22 2019

Any chance us commoners could take any of these Mayor titles the fresh Count/Countesses are leaving behind?

I'd be satisfied either way. I just completely lost track of when this was happening and forgot to upgrade when I got my new job.

They aren't leaving them behind, they are upgrading them. Trading them in.

8/23/2019 2:56:49 AM #14

If you are looking for a mayor title, dutch auction is a good time for the upgrade. Get your pick with everything is out there.

Reading over the terms, you might see a few more double counties. With more settlements.

8/23/2019 3:18:10 AM #15

I come here to state that I was going to feign anger and sarcastically applaud this while slamming on any detractors, but you devs have been through enough.

This is great, has no bearing on my account because I'm a guaranteed traveler, but now that we understand the dynamics of how this all works, it is a great upgrade to offer. I'm sure we'll talk about it on the next episode.

Reese "Legendary Neurotoxin" Holland - COE Reddit Mod - Game Dev, but not on CoE. Talkshow on https://www.twitch.tv/theoryforge on Sundays with the rest of the Theory Forge crew!