COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Cannot buy Villager tokens for myself

Hi, I have the Proprietor package and I bought the Major title. I bought 3 Guild tokens for myself and wanted to buy 3 village tokens. I collected these 3 guild tokens and now apparently I cannot buy Village tokens (maximum quantity Reached). Is that normal, can you only buy 3 tokens in total or am I missing something? If so, would it be possible to trade at least 1 or 2 guild tokens for Village tokens ? Sorry if this question has been asked before on the forum...

Cheers, Luke

8/11/2019 9:39:37 AM #1

Did you buy the mayor title from a pledge package or through some other means? Did someone trade the title bundle to you? If so, have you claimed it?

You should be able to purchase 3 villager and 3 Guild tokens for yourself.

8/11/2019 9:44:48 AM #2

someone traded that Mayor title with me. If I open that "Mayor Title" on my inventory it has two buttons; Bundle / Close . Do I have to bundle that first ?

In my inventory Management I have all the items from the Major title, like the furnished villa etc, so I claimed that title.

8/11/2019 9:48:17 AM #3

If it doesn't have a "Claim" button then it should be claimed. In which case that isn't the issue.

In your main account screen can you say what package it says you have?

You should still be able to buy villager tokens to gift to mayors and above anyway, so not being able to purchase any villager tokens is sounding much more like a bug to me right now.

I'll have a quick scan of known bugs for you.

8/11/2019 9:54:45 AM #4

Ah, found a few people reporting in the discord, going back a few years, that sometimes if they are gifted a package, or a title bundle (especially the mayor title from the sister cities promo item), that villager tokens and a few other things do not work.

This might be your issue also.

I'd suggest sending an email to [email protected] with your account name in the title and tell them you are having this issue. Link them to here maybe?

8/11/2019 9:58:18 AM #5

Just found out that I've bought these 3 village tokens, but there is only a "contribute" button. When I click on it and send them to myself it says that I need to have a Major Title or higher ...

(Villager Tokens may only be contributed to someone with a Mayor title or higher.)

That would mean my Mayor Title doesn't work or ????

8/11/2019 10:59:38 AM #6

Sounds almost certainly like a bug. I would send that email to SbS, and they will help you resolve it.

8/11/2019 11:03:43 AM #7

Just did... thanks for the info Taymuraz

8/11/2019 5:50:10 PM #8

This is a known bug and has been around for a while. Just keep your tokens safe with you and you’ll be able to claim them at a later date. You are only able to purchase 3 of each token per account.

8/12/2019 10:31:56 PM #9

Got your email, looking into resolving this soon.

Thank you.

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."