COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Shiny tiles and polished wood is how you say To'resk...

Hail Elyrians!

The shiniest of days is here! I have to say, the shine of the day aside, it has been an odd one for this here Snipehunter. There's a palpable buzz in the air as the Outreach team, Caspian, Vye, and I myself handle some near-final work on a very important project. So the day has been spent less in review of what's been going on this week, as is normally my want, and more in poring over every square meter of land in very large maps and looking at thousands upon thousands of settlements to make sure everything is hunky dory.

Which means that I didn't really have a shiny in mind for today the way I might normally. That said, some cool stuff has been happening on the pre-alpha side of our efforts. The design team has been focusing on combat intensely for several months now, and this sprint was no exception. However, this week the focus was on martial arts styles rather than combat itself. Supporting martial arts requires a few things you might not consider immediately:

On the one hand, we need to make sure that players can use multiple styles, of course, but on the other we need to make sure that the rest of the world's fighters have the same ability. And even for the player, we have to make sure that the knowledge base shows you the martial styles you do know in a way that's useful for you. So this week, work was done to enhance the ability to switch to a new martial style, the UI to display the martial styles you know, and the AI's ability to actually use martial styles of their own.

The content team has been working on some cool stuff of their own too! Last week you might have caught a glimpse of them already, but this week, we put in the low-fidelity versions of the To'reshian buildings in the tropical wetlands and they look pretty good!

Personally I love the roof lines and the buildings that are built out over the water. There are a few things we still want to do, but I already love the way they look in the sun.

The interiors look pretty good, though a lot of what makes the To'resk shine isn't as apparent at this fidelity level as I'd like. Even so, stuff looks pretty cozy!

I also love the way the lighting I mentioned last week has been incorporated here. Even in the dead of night, the To'resk stand out from the Neran or other tribes because of their focus on aesthetics.

Stay shiny my friends!

• Snipehunter
8/2/2019 1:44:33 AM #1

Lovely

8/2/2019 1:45:55 AM #2

agree they are very nice to look at

From Our Farm Gate To Your Dinner Plate.

Friend Code : EE5C8E

8/2/2019 1:46:29 AM #3

Huzzah

Alt text - can be left blank

8/2/2019 1:46:55 AM #4

nice

8/2/2019 1:47:00 AM #5

Looks great!

8/2/2019 1:52:18 AM #6

I am really digging the hexagonal roof tiles.

8/2/2019 1:56:15 AM #7

I love the To'resk aseptic I wonder how it would look in Brudvir lands.

8/2/2019 1:58:13 AM #8

Very nice can't wait to travel throughout Elyria!

8/2/2019 1:59:36 AM #9

The screenshots look really nice! The To'resk architecture looks very similar to Neran except for the roofs but that's not a bad thing :)

8/2/2019 4:04:12 AM #10

For pre that's very good.

Promising future

8/2/2019 5:08:20 AM #11

very nice style

8/2/2019 5:19:42 AM #12

Nice!

8/2/2019 8:40:41 AM #13

looking very good!

8/2/2019 8:47:26 AM #14

Looking good for sure.

Just a lonely peasant on the road looking towards a distance future with the sweat on my back and a tear of cloth in my hand a family crest it must be. A adventure will i have, I dream of dreams my destiny awakens me.

Friend Code: A48E0C

8/2/2019 10:33:34 AM #15

Beautiful :)