COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
D&SS process

Hello, I don't know if this question was already asked, so sorry if it's the case.

What will happen in the following scenario during D&SS ? :

• Imagine that a player already got a Mayor Title. So during D&SS, she pick her settlement.

• Then the D&SS reach its last phase where everybody is supposed to have picked a settlement, and remaining settlements are put on sale with decreasing price over time.

What will happen with its settlements if that mayor choose to buy an additional settlement in this last phase ?

Same question for a Count, buying a duchy during this very last phase of the D&SS ? Or a Mayor buying a county ? or whatever ?

How will be considered those later buy ?

Thanks for your answer

Eolwyn Lunicorne

7/22/2019 7:55:26 PM #1

I am pretty sure you would have to select your settlement in an NPC county/Duchy to upgrade. When you upgrade to Count, your settlement will become the County seat and when upgrading to Duke, you settlement would then become the Duchy Capitol.

7/22/2019 8:31:39 PM #2

You can only buy up. So if you are already a mayor you could only purchase the county your mayor settlement is in and it has to be open. Once you have the count you could purchase the duchy but it has to be open. To buy an additional mayor you would have to have another acct with bloodline and purchase an open mayor with that

Divide et Impera

7/22/2019 8:40:09 PM #3

Posted By Ersatz at 9:55 PM - Mon Jul 22 2019

I am pretty sure you would have to select your settlement in an NPC county/Duchy to upgrade. When you upgrade to Count, your settlement will become the County seat and when upgrading to Duke, you settlement would then become the Duchy Capitol.

Unless you can direct me to the source of the process, It's not working like that, because at the time you buy the discounted settlement/county/duchy/kingdom it would be the 5th week, but in th mean time you would already have pick you settlement during the respective week 1st week (duchy), 2nd week (county), 3rd week (mayor), 4th week (remaining title holders).

I'm wondering if SBS realized that different things happend (king pick, Nirath resigned, process changed for unpicked settlments) since they setup the D&SS process on the 8th April ?

I guess we need an official update on this process...

Eolwyn Lunicorne

7/22/2019 8:54:44 PM #4

It is working as described, the auction is only for upgrading or you need to buy a 2nd bloodline account and then you can buy an open settlement.

You can only upgrade to Count in a county without a PC count. Same holds true for a Duchy as a Count could only purchase a Duke Title in a NPC Duchy, if a player picks that Duchy for his Duke title then that Duchy is no longer part of the reverse auction.

Your main account can't buy a duplicate title in the 5th week, it can only upgrade but only if the upgrade is a NPC you are replacing.

7/22/2019 10:20:15 PM #5

The above stated is correct. Their intention for the Dutch Auction is for people without titles to be able to purchase titles, and/or people to be able to upgrade their titles. NOT being able to purchase additional titles that are below/on the same tier.

You're not buying a title to be able to select somewhere, you're buying a position on the map that is available.

If you want to buy up, you HAVE to buy an available domain IN that domain.

Eg. If you are a mayor and you want to buy a county, you HAVE to place your settlement in a county that has no count and then buy that count title during the dutch auction when it becomes for sale.

If you're a count and you want to upgrade to due, you HAVE to place your county in a duchy that does not have the duke title occupied, then during the dutch auction you're able to buy that title.

You CAN NOT purchase a count title if you're a count, you CAN NOT purchase the duke title of the duchy that is next to you, and you can NOT purchase the count title of the county next to you. (This works at all tiers for these examples, these are just examples of the most frequently asked questions)

Edit to add:

The Auction takes place AFTER DSS because its to purchase the left over titles/settlements/domains, in other words the NPC ones. DSS is where everyone that has a title is "claiming" their domain/settlement. Dutch Auction is after when you're purchasing the remaining.

7/23/2019 9:11:46 PM #6

Thanks all for your explanations

Eolwyn Lunicorne