COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
So is it that time yet?

For either the mid year State of Elyria Dev blog or perhaps the 0.5 status update?

Maybe after DSS gets out the door we could find out what's next on tap for the 2nd half of the year.

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

7/15/2019 5:33:59 AM #1

I had completely forgot about the mid year State of Elyria blog. Something tells me they wouldn't be really able to change much from the last one.

10/5/2019 11:59:48 PM #2

So, here we are, "summer" is over, how about an update on the state of 0.5 aka Pre-Elrya?

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

10/6/2019 1:31:33 AM #3

I imagine the State of Elyria will be coming soon, probably after Settlers.

ref This game was a dream. Its dead now.

10/6/2019 2:19:46 AM #4

Posted By Kyleran at 7:59 PM - Sat Oct 05 2019

So, here we are, "summer" is over, how about an update on the state of 0.5 aka Pre-Elrya?

Did you miss the Dungeon shiny? That was pre-Elyria content.

10/6/2019 2:34:38 AM #5

Posted By Drudge at 10:19 PM - Sat Oct 05 2019

Posted By Kyleran at 7:59 PM - Sat Oct 05 2019

Did you miss the Dungeon shiny? That was pre-Elyria content.

You bet I saw it, but Snipe said it was just a developer dungeon for testing their changes.

I want to see some of the swell new worlds being generated from the maps which so much care and effort were put into them.

10/12/2019 10:57:03 PM #6

So it seems Caspian disclosed the studio's next steps aren't backer related test access, instead they plan on "making music" instead.

Better luck next year I guess. 😁

Caspian ☁Last Thursday at 10:26 PM

"Perhaps now is a good time to mention that we'll be working on new musical compositions for CoE for the next 12 weeks or so."

Hey, they could offer a "Christmas in Elyria" album for sale in the store, great idea right?

😉

10/12/2019 11:16:27 PM #7

As neat as it would be, I also get the feeling that it would be mostly filler. Lots of DSS and community talk, which I think we all already can predict what would be said.

0.5.0 is well over due, but with DSS and the nobles stealing the spotlight I don't expect to hear about it for more than a month still.

Bottom line, DSS hasn't been that gripping, and it feels like its 95% of what's been handled lately. May as well chug along for a few more months before we go for that State of Elyria post.

10/13/2019 1:17:16 AM #8

Posted By Kyleran at 09:57 AM - Sun Oct 13 2019

"Perhaps now is a good time to mention that we'll be working on new musical compositions for CoE for the next 12 weeks or so."

12 weeks? Isn't working on music now too early anyway? Not that I really have any idea when other games do it, just figure they would work on it when Alpha 1 is at least finished.

I do look forward to the end of the year, State of Elyria. Of course what could Caspian really say, that he hasn't been saying for years. It's basically the same crap every time. Things are about to happen and what do you know, nothing ever happens.

10/13/2019 2:19:25 AM #9

DSS is being dragged out to ensure we don’t get any lull periods. The development timeline has suffered enough lull periods.

Time to get rolling on A1 release.

10/13/2019 2:49:18 AM #10

Posted By Kyleran at 6:57 PM - Sat Oct 12 2019

So it seems Caspian disclosed the studio's next steps aren't backer related test access, instead they plan on "making music" instead.

Hey, they could offer a "Christmas in Elyria" album for sale in the store, great idea right?

😉

Do you think that Caspian is creating the music? Of course not. What did you want? A silent game?

10/13/2019 2:52:41 AM #11

Posted By Gunnlang at 9:17 PM - Sat Oct 12 2019

Posted By Kyleran at 09:57 AM - Sun Oct 13 2019

12 weeks? Isn't working on music now too early anyway? Not that I really have any idea when other games do it, just figure they would work on it when Alpha 1 is at least finished.

I do look forward to the end of the year, State of Elyria. Of course what could Caspian really say, that he hasn't been saying for years. It's basically the same crap every time. Things are about to happen and what do you know, nothing ever happens.

It's hard to know why the timing for this, perhaps as someone else suggested to me it was planned around the availability of musician resources so they have to work on it now.

10/13/2019 8:34:17 AM #12

Posted By Kyleran at 1:52 PM - Sun Oct 13 2019

It's hard to know why the timing for this, perhaps as someone else suggested to me it was planned around the availability of musician resources so they have to work on it now.

That would make sense. But still seems the wrong time. I thought it would get added after everything else was finished. Well all the zones etc. So they know how much different music they need.

I wonder if now was always planned or because they just got a ton of money funded. Hopefully it doesn't push them back Pre-Elyria getting released sometime next year.

Posted By Drudge at 1:49 PM - Sun Oct 13 2019

Do you think that Caspian is creating the music? Of course not. What did you want? A silent game?

Do we really need the music done to start testing the game?

10/13/2019 8:56:20 AM #13

Settlers of elyria and everyone harassing them about name changes will take some time up.

I am okay letting them finish that up and then seeing what they have next for us

My dream is to make my settlement long outlive me Why not join me in being part of it? Send me a message

9B7323 friend code

10/13/2019 10:43:48 AM #14

Posted By Kyleran at 12:57 AM - Sun Oct 13 2019

That doesn't mean the whole studio is gonna work on the music. There will still be other progress, that could be shown.

Imgur

10/13/2019 3:58:15 PM #15

They stated in a very recent shiny that soundscaping is a big part of how the game works. How the ambient sounds and MUSIC need to be balanced together to give you information about your surroundings and to help immerse you in the world. That's why they're working on it now, because it's important to how the game will work.

If they make it too late and it doesn't work the way they need it to, the game is going to feel wrong. It's similar to if they poorly animated walking so that the character appears to glide along the ground, if it's done correctly you don't notice and if it's done wrong it looks terrible. Figuring out how it is going to work early means saving a ton of time and making the game better instead of learning too late that it can't be fixed.

Death is just another path, one we all must take

Friend Code: C8DF9C