COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
INFLUENCE

so i see it was taken out ? do we know if it will allow us to buy anything with it ? what is its goal ?

7/7/2019 9:11:05 AM #1

Hey Demented Cargo, so Influence doesn't really affect anything except a few subtle ways.

One, if you get 10k influence you will get access to the Exclusive Access forums which gets you access to monthly Q&As with the developers.

Two, it's used frequently to determine order when reservations are made. So when title holders pick during Domain and Settlement Selection, the people with the highest influence will get first pick in their title tier, likewise when surnames were reserved the higher influence folk got first pick as well.

There are a couple other little things like being able to add a forum avatar or add links to forum posts if you hit at least 250 influence, but that's pretty much it.

From the DM you sent me it sounds like you got the Proprietor package, so not a lot of this will affect you unless you get up to 10k influence, or something else comes out that potentially is gated by influence, like maybe heraldry creation?

7/7/2019 11:02:56 AM #2

Influence (IP) just concerns the above points by Labbe, but remember that there is also Exposition Points (EP) which is a currency to buy items and land during exposition, just before the game launches to everyone.

So IP is mainly used to determine pick order for aristocracy and nobility, but EP is a currency everyone can use if they have it.

7/7/2019 12:40:29 PM #3

I do not remember well, but at some point Caspian mentioned that IP or EP that players have will be converted in something else after launch. Maybe someone who have a quote can confirm which one into what.

Respect and trust!

7/7/2019 12:49:18 PM #4

Posted By TVI Christian at 05:40 AM - Sun Jul 07 2019

I do not remember well, but at some point Caspian mentioned that IP or EP that players have will be converted in something else after launch. Maybe someone who have a quote can confirm which one into what.

That info is actually outdated. Back in the day EP used to be known as IP or Influence points, and the mechanics surrounding it were different, (in this post it changed.)

Nowadays this is no longer the case and Influence is different than EP, EP being something you can use to purchase things during exposition, and Influence being used in more subtle ways.

7/7/2019 12:54:52 PM #5

Isn't any residual EP converted to SP (Story Points) upon launch? I think that is what TVI Christian is referring to, though I could be wrong.

7/7/2019 1:04:25 PM #6

Posted By HajimeSaikou at 05:54 AM - Sun Jul 07 2019

Isn't any residual EP converted to SP (Story Points) upon launch? I think that is what TVI Christian is referring to, though I could be wrong.

Ah, Haji is correct. My apologies Christian still waking up today :P

Unused EP at the end of exposition will in fact be converted into Story Points (I believe at a reduced rate) so that if you miss the 3 month period of exposition, or if you simply don't spend it all you still get something for your money.

Story Points can be read about more here but in short you can earn these points through gameplay and use them to "better your lot in your next life". You will need them to spark into npcs that are older than 18, or if they are the heir of someone of high renown, and you can even use them to purchase sparks of life if you earn enough.

7/13/2019 8:09:13 AM #7

A while back SBS rewarded people based on their activity on forums and this contributed to "influence."

I just think of it as an umbrella of how much you have value according to SBS you have put in. SO, this combines your actions/posts, your money spent, and if you hold an official role in the community (like being a mod). This is what I have been seeing influence as.

It's value further grows in domain selection where your influence impacts the order of your pick in the hierarchy of nobles that exist.

Friend Code: 1BD8F6