COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA GENERAL
mercenary for hire (making of a merc company)

I am here to talk about making a mercenary group. simply we would walk the lands and be hired from a merchant to maybe a county or even used as guards. I would set it up so that there are captains each captain can have 20 to 30 men and early would be small scale of 3-10 men each with a max of 10 captains and up for debate to add more depending on ranks. this merc group would be in no way connected to the politics of kingdoms or dukes or nobles the like once the contracts are done we can be hired by the rivals of the previous contract. no loyalty other then money but we would never break a contract even if it lead to our death and end. my goal is to make the largest if not the only merc group. if all grew and was decided we would settle and maybe even become the personal army of a kingdom or even carve our own kingdom in the world. all if open for discussion. if you are interested. I am a tactician and Sgt veteran of Afghanistan and Mali. and right now I am part of para military in my retirement. so I am going to bring real tactics into this game if possible and grow from there. I hope people will join. names may be Ten Thousand Blades, Dawn's March, The Red Wolves, Falkenberg's Legion, name will be up to debate between the captains. I hope this can become something and I hope I will find the same like minded men and woman to join me in this Achievement for my dynasty Trebilcock and of course yours as well

Trebilcock

6/28/2019 6:32:36 PM #1

Which server are you going to play on?

6/28/2019 8:32:20 PM #2

Posted By Delta47 at 11:32 AM - Fri Jun 28 2019

Which server are you going to play on?

I'd assume since he posted on the Luna server forum that Luna is probably the server he is playing on.

Alt text - can be left blank

6/28/2019 10:16:50 PM #3

Might want to work on the "no loyalty other than money" bit.

Merchants wouldn't be thrilled about the idea that you would happily walk them into a trap for someone offering slightly more money.

6/29/2019 12:31:27 AM #4

"The mercenary captains are either good or they are bad. If they are good you cannot trust them for they always aspire to their own greatness; either by oppressing others contrary to your wishes or by oppressing you who are their master. If they are bad then you will be ruined in the usual way." - Niccolo Machiavelli

6/29/2019 2:44:31 AM #5

Posted By Delta47 at 3:32 PM - Fri Jun 28 2019

luna my dude. looking for anyone who is willing seeing as im the only one so far whos thought of setting this up early Which server are you going to play on?

Trebilcock

6/29/2019 2:48:47 AM #6

Posted By Barleyman at 9:31 PM - Fri Jun 28 2019

now see i was looking into making the captains in the early game part of my family so it would start out as a family merc group and grow with people who I believe have the same ideals. but you are correct I canot control. If they are good or not and I want to be able to grow them on merits and leader ships. though I cannot control if they will be corrupt or not. but the goal is still control the largest merc group in the entire world of ours. I think this is worth doing which will protect the merchants from those player killers who will loot you and yes most likely will kill you which we all know costs real money not that our lives our literally worth something now. which means there is business for men and woman like me if anyone is interested please message me. and we can work something out

Trebilcock

6/29/2019 3:18:25 AM #7

Posted By Fatelord123 at 7:44 PM - Fri Jun 28 2019

luna my dude. looking for anyone who is willing seeing as im the only one so far whos thought of setting this up early Which server are you going to play on?

Ah, it seems you might have missed some sections to the forums :P

Where you posted this thread is Luna General which doesn't contain much in the way of recruitment posts.

Likely you have missed the Domains or Organizations sections, because if you dig through them I can almost guarantee there is another group interested in being mercenaries :D

6/29/2019 4:02:22 AM #8

Posted By Fatelord123 at 8:48 PM - Fri Jun 28 2019

Posted By Barleyman at 9:31 PM - Fri Jun 28 2019

now see i was looking into making the captains in the early game part of my family so it would start out as a family merc group and grow with people who I believe have the same ideals. but you are correct I canot control. If they are good or not and I want to be able to grow them on merits and leader ships. though I cannot control if they will be corrupt or not. but the goal is still control the largest merc group in the entire world of ours. I think this is worth doing which will protect the merchants from those player killers who will loot you and yes most likely will kill you which we all know costs real money not that our lives our literally worth something now. which means there is business for men and woman like me if anyone is interested please message me. and we can work something out

What you are describing sounds more like a Knightly Order than a mercenary company. The Templars got their start as bandit hunters. Maybe if you frame it that way you'll get more takers, and instead of being contracted you can receive land grants and donations as a Knightly Order dedicated to protecting travelers.

6/29/2019 5:06:59 AM #9

If your aiming for recruiting the other sub-section is probably better. However if your looking for people who are looking to hire you. I'd like too. Ill send a mail hope too see a response soon.

-Server

"Let's Talk Buissness"

9/4/2019 5:00:18 AM #10

If you're interested in mercenary work I'd like to point you towards NA-E's global mercenary guild: The Dread Legion.

9/7/2019 4:53:05 AM #11

I was about to post haaaaaaave you heard about the Dread Legion but I see Soul is way ahead of me.

The recruitment post is currently undergoing an edit in light of DSS but the information on how it works and will operate is still entirely correct.