COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Spanish?

Do you plan to translate the game into Spanish at some point? If it does not translate, I will not buy it. Thank you

6/28/2019 3:43:45 PM #1

Hola, te vas a esperar mas que un ratito flaco .....

6/28/2019 8:12:18 PM #2

I understand that they do not plan to translate it into Spanish. It's a shame that Spanish-speaking buyers will lose.

6/29/2019 7:17:31 AM #3

arman79 If I remember right, the translation of the game in other languages can be made by players, when the future will be available. But for the studio is not that important to do it themselves.

Respect and trust!

6/29/2019 4:17:05 PM #4

Then the game has to be translated by the players themselves ?. Who would take care of that? What a shame.

6/29/2019 7:13:03 PM #5

Its a time and money issue, they don't have the time or the money to translate the game into dozens of languages. If there is a large community wanting to play the game that was equal in size then they could in they translate the game.

8/26/2019 1:00:09 PM #6

Hey, in kickstarted they stated that they are thinking to translate it to spanish. It's a lie now?

"A: At this point, only English. We have had interest in Spanish language, but can’t make a commitment at this time."

8/26/2019 1:16:03 PM #7

I think it was one of the stretch goals on KS that was not reached. At the moment the game is only being produced in English.

Friend Code: B8ADDD

8/26/2019 1:42:58 PM #8

Posted By Kero at 3:00 PM - Mon Aug 26 2019

Hey, in kickstarted they stated that they are thinking to translate it to spanish. It's a lie now?

"A: At this point, only English. We have had interest in Spanish language, but can’t make a commitment at this time."

It's as they said, they can't commit to other languages at this point. Which means they'll consider it after launch if the game becomes popular enough to warrant translation. No promises was made.

Take note though that English communication will still be largely required in-game whether the UI is translated or not as the game seemingly rely on player interactions far more than your average MMO. Even hermits can't avoid interacting with public servants and officials (e.g. tax collectors), and since random players can spawn into any available NPC or orphanage it's not going to be realistic trying to maintain or enforce separate settlements for different languages; likewise being kicked out of the family you pop into because you can't make yourself understood isn't going to be a good first experience. So in my honest opinion translating the UI will only mislead monospeakers into thinking the game is more accessible to them than it probably will be. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm afraid this will be the reality unfortunately.

8/26/2019 2:52:16 PM #9

Interacting with NPC seems to have pre-written dialogue options. If that stays true to the game release, those with poor english may not have too hard a time with the NPCs at least. Its easier for me to gain an idea of the context of the conversation when I have both sides of the conversation to look at. Then I can usually parse out what unusual words mean using context clues.

Communicating with players may still be challenging, but, especially on tbe EU server, there will be plenty of community support for folks who don't speak english.

Click banner to learn more. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

9/7/2019 5:34:51 AM #10

Posted By arman79 at

Do you plan to translate the game into Spanish at some point? If it does not translate, I will not buy it. Thank you

what people will think of us south americans ...........

9/7/2019 6:34:22 AM #11

Posted By MetaRox at 10:34 PM - Fri Sep 06 2019

Posted By arman79 at

Well Mexico is in North America but yeah.

This bigger problem I see with translating is Spanish is very colloquial. One Spanish word can mean something completely different depending on where you live.

For example; Chucha

In Colombia, chucha is used to describe bad armpit odor. In Argentina, on the other hand, it describes the female reproductive organ and is, similarly, used as an insult in several Latin American countries. In Chile, the phrase “está a la chucha” is used to say that something is far away.

9/9/2019 12:27:04 AM #12

Posted By Brythwaite at 02:34 AM - Sat Sep 07 2019

Posted By MetaRox at 10:34 PM - Fri Sep 06 2019

Posted By arman79 at

Well Mexico is in North America but yeah.

This bigger problem I see with translating is Spanish is very colloquial. One Spanish word can mean something completely different depending on where you live.

For example; Chucha

In Colombia, chucha is used to describe bad armpit odor. In Argentina, on the other hand, it describes the female reproductive organ and is, similarly, used as an insult in several Latin American countries. In Chile, the phrase “está a la chucha” is used to say that something is far away.

Here in Chile "chucha" is like saying "oh shit" or the sentence you wrote as well

9/11/2019 2:50:29 PM #13

hehe still my point, it was from some website about worlds meaning different things. =)

9/11/2019 2:51:18 PM #14

Hmm I wonder Why anyone would down vote this question.