COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Downloading the DSS maps

First if you are reading this the maps aren't available yet. I'm just asking a question for when they are available.

So, from reading on discord I think it's pretty clear that we should download on to PC/Laptops only. But would it also work on tablets, say like a Samsung Galaxy S5E with a microSD of say...more then 256G?

I am going to experiment and try to download it to my phone, but I have my expectations properly set for that to work....or not!

NA-E Luna Locked --------------------------------------------------

6/21/2019 4:27:22 PM #1

Not exactly sure if you're asking something or stating something; are you wondering if the DSS will be usable from a phone/tablet?

or just viewing the maps themselves? those could be rendered as images and would be able to be viewed on any device

6/21/2019 4:37:32 PM #2

Well it was mentioned that the data set was too much for phones. That I'm going to give a try anyway.

What I was asking was if "But would it also work on tablets, say like a Samsung Galaxy S5E with a microSD of say...more then 256G?"

NA-E Luna Locked --------------------------------------------------

6/22/2019 11:19:20 PM #3

I use my tablet, same model as mentioned, on a daily basis. It is rare that I get my laptop out. I am hoping that DSS will work on the tablet.

Countess of Tarnham

County Tarnham, Rhynelands Duchy, Vornair. Luna Server (NA-E)

6/23/2019 1:29:34 PM #4

I don't think the issue was that phones and tablets couldn't handle it, the issue was using a touch screen when the website won't be optimized for mobile. I believe that worry was that you could accidentally lock in somewhere while trying to navigate the website, which would be frustrating for some people. On a computer, the functionality of a mouse making it unlikely for people to accidentally click on something you didn't mean to....

.....unless you have a cat.

6/23/2019 2:14:56 PM #5

This doesn't belong in technical support.

There will be more info on these types of questions when we are closer to release/going live.

Thank you.

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."