COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
Post-launch Surnames

At current, people are reserving surnames as if they won't be able to do so after launch/exposition. I plan to play as a Dras Brudvir hybrid, a ward of the state, but still want to make my own surname. Will this still be possible? Or will i have to pay for a custom surname before launch and just have to marry into a pre-generated NPC surname if i don't pay?

" you underestimate my stupidity "

-runs through minefield-

6/17/2019 3:49:00 PM #1

Also, with the whole “when people call you a thing you become that thing” mechanic, can you get a surname that way?

-runs through minefield-

6/17/2019 4:37:24 PM #2

The current plan is to cutoff surname reservations going into launch, but perhaps they'll still allow it if they need to find more sources of revenue. Otherwise, your understanding is pretty accurate.

With respect to reputation, I don't think we know enough to say whether this would effectively function as a surrogate for an actual surname. But even if it could, it'll ostensibly require tremendous effort and good fortune to achieve.

p.s. Wards inherit the orphanage name as their surname.

7/3/2019 7:48:26 PM #3

"Those bastards unlucky enough to be born in the North inherit the name; Snow."

ps. Would a disguise/alter ego come with a surname too? Because that seems the logical option for a Ward of the state.

-runs through minefield-