COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
When does it actually launch? 'Plain and Simple'

I am not claiming lands, titles, surenames etc... I just want to Log In.

I understand that probably no one knows the exact date but perhaps someone has a rough idea. The last date I saw was '27th May - OPEN' Now, I am not too sure what 'OPEN' opens. Then I saw 'everything getting pushed back one week'. So arriving at 3rd June - OPEN. But there are no news or anything. Is this games even planned to be released in 2019 summer or is it only in 2020 for the public?

Thanks

[sigpic]https://i.imgur.com/9pZlihN.jpg[/sigpic]

5/26/2019 10:08:33 AM #1

Disregard the "OPEN" - that's probably referring to DSS - doesn't concern you. No chance for release in summer 2019 - that is when they want to allow first people to play pre-alpha. Rough estimate on when the actual launch will be? No one knows, and if someone even gives you a year - they don't know what they are talking about.

5/26/2019 10:46:28 AM #2

It will be released when its done.

5/26/2019 11:04:58 AM #3

Posted By Daarco at 12:46 PM - Sun May 26 2019

This ^

But don't expect the full game before end 2020 at the earliest. Unless you're really optimistic.

Brash

5/26/2019 11:11:59 AM #4

Oh... wow! That far off?! OK, fair enough :)

[sigpic]https://i.imgur.com/9pZlihN.jpg[/sigpic]

5/26/2019 2:25:14 PM #5

Posted By Daarco at 5:46 PM - Sun May 26 2019

They can't even produce a map, so I have extreme doubts if it will ever be done.

Click Banner To Visit town. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

5/26/2019 2:47:00 PM #6

Posted By GedMahn at 9:11 PM - Sun May 26 2019

It's impossible to make any guess. We are still in pre-alpha. Until we get Alpha 1, which is also anyone guess. I wouldn't think a full launch is happen any time soon.

5/26/2019 5:06:36 PM #7

Posted By Gunnlang at 07:47 AM - Sun May 26 2019

Posted By GedMahn at 9:11 PM - Sun May 26 2019

It's impossible to make any guess.

Let me echo and amplify this.

The studio keeps internal goals and dates but they don't share them with us because they don't want to make promises they can't keep.

What we do know is the sequence of releases that are dependent on one another. Currently, the only things left between where we are now and a playable game for some portion of the paying public are Domain and Settlement Selection and Personas. I think they might also be trying to get the chat integration into the website as part of Personas, but it's been a while since they talked about that.

Regardless, the main thesis is:

Everyone here is guessing blindly.

If someone guesses that we will see release in 2019 or 2029, please treat that with healthy skepticism. The only people who can give remotely reasonable estimates for release are Soulbound Studios and the Two-Fold Queen (blessed be her name). And presently, neither of them are talking about launch.

5/27/2019 2:10:44 PM #8

Some folks struggle with the concept of estimation, incorrectly confusing it with blind guessing.

"Estimation (or estimating) is the process of finding an estimate, or approximation, which is a value that is usable for some purpose even if input data may be incomplete, uncertain, or unstable. The value is nonetheless usable because it is derived from the best information available."

Due to the many unknown variables it is difficult to apply much precision in the delivery estimate, however it does not mean nothing can be "guesstimated."

Past performance of similar projects is a common technique used by PMs to develop software estimates, and they apply well here.

One can look at SC, CU, CF, AoC, Pantheon and a host of others to compare the "progress" (or lack thereof) of COE against those other efforts.

Based on this data alone it is reasonable to assume COE has a very long way to go, and early dates such as 2019 or 2020 are very much the overly optimistic or long shot views.

A middle of the road estimate for full launch is probably 2025 or so, assuming the funding holds out that long.

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

5/28/2019 3:03:41 AM #9

What @Kyleran said. With feeling.

5/28/2019 6:20:45 AM #10

Personally, I think Alpha 1 will be this year. I’d love for Alpha 2 to be too since that’s where my access starts but probably unlikely now.

[EU] The Town of Farwatch Selene (Hrothi) - Demalion/Dae Erath/Ash County - Masonry, Scouting/Cartography Animal Husbandry, Agriculture Smithing, Tailoring. Light RP, Casual & PvP Welcome.

5/28/2019 8:43:21 AM #11

Posted By Kyleran at 12:10 AM - Tue May 28 2019

Some folks struggle with the concept of estimation, incorrectly confusing it with blind guessing.

I find making an estimate right now is basically the same as blind guessing. Once Alpha 1 starts, it won't be so blind. But seeing as we are still in pre-alpha. With really no end in sight. I can't see how anyone could make an educated estimate.

Be one thing if the OP wanted to have guesses around Pre-Elyria/Alpha 1 starting. Over full launch.

5/28/2019 9:01:44 AM #12

I think this thread has been sufficiently answered.

Posted By GedMahn at

Is this games even planned to be released in 2019 summer or is it only in 2020 for the public?

Thanks

Unfortunately full release is some time away, definitely not 2019 and highly unlikely to be 2020. However, SBS does early backing community events with exclusive goodies, sometimes a handful of them that don't require any money. Additionally there are other "soft launches" that function to test the game while preserving some history. In other words... there will be things to play with before the full launch, and even before the Alpha. So even as someone who isn't totally invested and doesn't care that much, if you check back in occasionally you might find things to do and rewards to earn.

Good luck Gedmahn

5/31/2019 2:40:46 PM #13

I personally think Alpha and Betas in 2020. Past that I can only hope for a 2020 release date, but in reality it may not be release to 2021 depending on how things go with the Betas.

I have a Rocket Launcher. Your Argument is Invalid.

6/3/2019 4:22:36 PM #14

I've been checking in on this game for 3-4 years now. If 6 million has been collected and nothing is available for the public as of this far, then there's your answer.

It's all hype for whats going to be a half baked game equivalent to life is feudal or Gloria victis . As long as the developers are collecting $500 "pledge packages" whats the point of releasing the game now ? they're too busy milking the useful idiots.

6/3/2019 4:29:35 PM #15

Posted By Dead Hands at 02:22 AM - Tue Jun 04 2019

I've been checking in on this game for 3-4 years now. If 6 million has been collected and nothing is available for the public as of this far, then there's your answer.

You do know 6mil for making a game, is laughable small. It's only been 3 years since the KS. But really they didn't even start on the game until 2017. So 2 1/2 years so far. They would make far more money by releasing stuff, than sitting in pre-alpha until the end of time.