COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Pledge packages

Hello, I was looking at buying the proprietery package for the extra items it gives and to help support this very interesting game concept, but i kinda wanted to adventure out and not be a political type person do i have to be political or can i be an adventure and still own a town?

5/23/2019 9:59:08 PM #1

Well, proprietor doesn't own a town, they own a few parcels (they can purchase enough parcels of land, if available, to be a hamlet, village, town, etc.). Mayors run a town. But you don't have to buy land, you can do whatever you like with your EP, so adventuring is not out of the question.

5/23/2019 10:03:52 PM #2

So the 500 coins or whatever they give you for that package is what’s used for buying land? Also do you know if I could buy land and just build a house on it?

5/23/2019 11:00:57 PM #3

You get Exposition Points (EP), which can be used to purchase things in the pre launch setup phase of the game called ... Exposition. :)

And yes, absolutely. You can buy land. You can buy a house. You can buy one or more kits. There will be an EP store containing hundreds, perhaps thousands, of items that you can purchase with EP. See EP Kits and Item Projection for more details on this particular subject.

And welcome to CoE!

5/23/2019 11:24:10 PM #4

Yeah, the packages with aristocrat and nobility titles that gives you domains to manage aren't available anymore, though those interested can still grab a settlement during the reverse auction after DSS. A title comes with weekly responsibilities, but you can probably delegate most, if not all of them.

However, since you are interested in adventuring then you should know that your EP isn't restricted to land and stationary property. There are wagon options that does act like a mobile home, like the Vardo Wagon, which might be a good alternative if you don't want to get tied down anywhere. You'll see what your options are when the exposition store becomes available.

5/23/2019 11:38:11 PM #5

Ah okay cool is there an idea of when it will be in the playable stage?

5/23/2019 11:44:13 PM #6

An idea? Yes.

An accurate idea? Nope. :D

There are official estimates posted in various announcements, but in truth, the development timeline has slipped so it's hard to really say when we'll see something playable. A year doesn't seem impossible for an Alpha release. I don't know if Alpha access is still available as a separate purchase in the store, but if you're interested in getting in as early as possible, check out what's still available under Alpha & Beta Access.